hcpookie

1S91 Fire Control Radar

Update!

v1.3: 11/6/2011

- Addon now signed using the v2 keys (included). v1 key is no longer used!

- ADDED: Deployable camo nets.

- ADDED: Units for BIS factions TK_GUE, TK_INS, CHDKZ. All default BIS factions are now represented.

- FIXED: Texture Sets for INS/GUE reversed.

- FIXED: Enhanced view distances.

The setCaptive indeed does not work. The Biki states that it only applies to the commander of a vehicle, so that must have something to do with the behavior since the vehicle is configured with a driver and a gunner. Not sure.

I did manage to get it to work with the disableAI command! I have included a sample mission with the working trigger.

An example to use it with a SAM battery consisting of "SAM1", "SAM2", and a 1S91 unit named "radar1", the trigger should contain:

Condition: !(alive radar1)

Action: sam1 disableAI "AUTOTARGET"; sam2 disableAI "AUTOTARGET"; sam1 disableAI "TARGET"; sam2 disableAI "TARGET";

This has been able to work and but it does seem to require exiting and restarting the mission to reset the behavior. Check the sample mission.

v1.3 download (12 MB):

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265#!/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265&sc=documents&uc=1&id=5B54FC51A7917265%211829

MLOD is also available at the same download location! :)

To compliment the SA6 mod! :)

Original 1S91 model by brownmab53

1s91_OA_sm.jpg

The 1S91 Radar (NATO Name "Straight Flush") can be used with the SA6 SAM system addon. The real 1S91 uses active targeting radar and has an optional backup television targeting system that provides optional passive radar tracking and backup targeting guidance. It provides targeting capability to an entire SA6 SAM battery. The addon uses the laser designator to simulate the targeting capabilities and does not "slave" to in-game SAM units.

======================

CLASSNAMES :

======================

Vehicles:

- BLUFOR: CDF // 1S91_CDF

- Independent (Guerilla): CDF // 1S91_CDF_IND

- Independent (Guerilla): NAPA // 1S91_NAPA

- Independent (Guerilla): Tak Locals // 1S91_TKGUE

- OPFOR: Russian // 1S91_FCR

- OPFOR: CHDKZ // 1S91_CHDKZ

- OPFOR: Takistan Army // 1S91_TAK

- OPFOR: Tak Miltia // 1S91_TKINS

Weapon:

1s91_TGT_Laserdesignator

Magazine:

1s91_TGT_Laserbatteries

Ammo:

1s91_TGT_Laserbeam // based on default laser with added "airLock" capability.

Again credit to brownmab53 for the model; I just ported it into Arma2.

Edited by hcpookie

Thank you ! Good Stuff !

Question :

Work, the SA 6 SAM and the 1S91 radar in the Game really well together

Or is it just an optical tuning?

Regards

(ST6)Predator

Edited by (ST6)Predator

No, unfortunately they don't work "together". The only thing you can do with this vehicle is blow it up. When you blow it up, you can set a trigger (in the mission) to force the SA6 vehicles to stop firing. It is my understanding that is the only way to get them to work "together" with the current game engine.

The ideal mission scenario for this would be Wild Weasel or SpecOp "behind the lines" missions to destroy it. I think it will be good for multiplayer since as the "gunner" you can act as a spotter to target aircraft.

I did try playing with the ULB module, but lasers can only target ground vehicles in the game.

Edited by hcpookie

Now getting this into Mando Missiles SAM stuff is the next step .... really easy to do.

Yeah thanks, nice work!

and don't worry about making them work tograther, just use Mando Missiles (as mentioned above) its already working easily.

Can only find this addon in the CDF side, I am running the Iran mod possibly a conflict there between your addon and thier 1S91???

@ Foxhound: Thanks for the mirror! :)

@ SGT_SAVAGE: I'll check on that after work tonight. I believe I tested with and there were no problems but I will verify!

@ islesfan186: I'll double-check that as well.

Cannot find it in the editor. :(

OPFOR-RUSSIA-ARMORED =correct?

nice. i like the takistani camo. any plans on retextuing the other faction ones as well?

Thanks again Foxhound for the mirror! :)

@ DiFool:

You are correct = OPFOR-RUSSIA-ARMORED // OPFOR-TAK ARMY-ARMORED // BLUFOR-CDF-ARMORED // IND-GUE-ARMORED

Are you running the Iran mod as well? There was a conflict with the 1.0 and the Iran mod. If so, you need to be sure you have the v1.1. If you aren't sure, disable the Iran mod, then try again... if the units appear, then you will need to re-download the v1.1 PBO.

@ islesfan186:

I would like to add both the CDF and NAPA textures as soon as I can figure out the tweaks. I am trying to use the "hiddensections" but am having problems with it. I don't even know if this model can use it! If not the texture sets will need their own models. Either way, "yes" the other texture sets will be included in the future.

Also - the model has one corner on the front that isn't properly texture mapped. I don't know my way around Oxygen well enough to fix it, but I am working on it.

edit to add: Uploaded my public key: http://www.ofpec.com/tags/index.php?action=details&tag_id=2132

Edited by hcpookie

sneak peek of v 1.2:

- new texture map on radar

- factions have different textures

- smaller file size!

- fixed 3D object errors

- no more "square dish" with better distance resolution!

I have a few more bugs to iron out then it will be released. ETA either this weekend or next.

1s91_v1.2.jpg

I truly appreciate the amount of work you have done. But I have noticed some critical issues, so I would like to propose a few suggestions.

First of all, model of SURN 1S91 is very simplified, many details are missing (it's not critical nevertheless).

http://pvo.guns.ru/images/other/slovakia/piestany/csk150j_1S91M2_Piestany-2008-6-14_DCE.jpg

Second of all, 1S91 is based on the different chassis than the chassis of "Shilka". "Shilka" uses chassis GM-575, and SURN uses GM-568.

Thanks for the addon

Regards

Edited by alesh

Alesh,

Yes I am aware of the need for a proper chassis. I believe the original modeller used the sample model of the Shilka. Unfortunately I am not sure if I can re-edit the chassis model enough to make it "correct". The problem I will have would be the textures and necessary changes to the color maps. I would like to see that chassis available as there are other things that can be built by using that chassis.

v 1.2 released! Details in first post.

sweet. i like the skins. question though...how come you have the insurgent one only under independent-->guerillas and not under OPFOR---> insurgents as well? same with the SA-9 that was just released today?