Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

Arma2 out of memory wtf.

Hello, Can anyone tell me what does this mean. I am in the process of making a mission called first landing currently I have 75 man, 25 armored units, 6 static weapons and 4 air units for OPFOR. I run a test. Blufor had 15 air units to see how the map played and the units react but got this error OUT OF MEMORY (REQUESTED 19KB) FOOTPRINT 548470784KB. PAGES 16384 KB. and right to my Desktop. I think the unit limited is 144 pre side so I am not close to that number. It's not my PC. 8 GB RAM 1600, CPU I5 2500K, 6950 VID. I run the test three more times and it worked fine only that one time I got the error. I still plan on putting more units down to complete the mission by IDK now! Does ARMA2 have a limited yes I know but I have a good rig so I should be up with the numbers of units on a map.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

IDK but 25 amored units = 25*3 (at least) = 75 (25 tanks, 3 crew each), +75 grunts = 150. +6 static weapons = 156 + 4 air units (1gunner 1pilot each) = 164 in total

But as I said, IrDK if this the problem

Edited by Flattermann

ArmA 2 doesn't have a limit of 144 units per side but 144 groups per side. A group can consist of 1 to XX units. Also you would get a message in the editor if you try to exceed this number. Just to get this right. ;)

As for your problem, usually this size of mission shouldn't be a problem. But, AVIBIRD1, hoestly, you're long enough around to know that game version is a required info. ;)

It might have been a glitch somewhere, hard to tell.

Myke;1886110']ArmA 2 doesn't have a limit of 144 units per side but 144 groups per side. A group can consist of 1 to XX units. Also you would get a message in the editor if you try to exceed this number. Just to get this right. ;)

As for your problem' date=' usually this size of mission shouldn't be a problem. But, AVIBIRD1, hoestly, you're long enough around to know that game version is a required info. ;)

It might have been a glitch somewhere, hard to tell.[/quote']

What up myke. I have ARMA2/OA:Combined Operations. My version is all updated. I ran the test a few more time and no error and I continued to add more units and all is good just that one time with the error. Thanks for the information on the group limit NOT THE UNITS. :)

Avibird 1 , are you planning on using your Arma2 tech help frequent flyer miles anytime soon?

sorry, it just seems...like it happens more than it should. :386:

"It's not my PC" is a warning sign...

-Ziggy-;1886324']Avibird 1 ' date=' are you planning on using your Arma2 tech help frequent flyer miles anytime soon?

sorry, it just seems...like it happens more than it should. :386:

"It's not my PC" is a warning sign...[/quote']

It does seem that way. ARMA is not a friendly game for someone who is limited with software/hardware and Programming knowledge like me:confused: getting better lol HOWEVER, That does not mean I don't know how to play the game right and I will tell you that I am a very skillful mission designer.

I will tell you that you will not ever play missions like mine! Yes a lot of guys are great mission designers but I have the unique ability to layout a mission that is 100% focus on teamplay for COOP play. Anytime you or anyone would like to join I will give you a teamspeak link so we can hook up.

PS. I hate warfare gameplay the gameplay is not really on teamwork and it seems that most people play warfare now and I can't understand this! Yes It's fun for a bit but the overall gameplay is not focus on real team work like I like to play. Take care and hope to see you soon

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Just had my first MP games with the just released 1.59patch and while in Spectator mode (using MCC mission) I got the same error.

Out of memory (requested -902390 KB).

footprint 574750720 KB.

pages 32768 KB.

Also had more FPS spikes then I can remember during these 2 hours of gaming.

Ive been getting crashes that appear to be out of memory crashes (WinXP), when the memory footprint approaches 1gb.

Ive been having this happen consistently since I can remember -- at least 1.57, and it happens to this day.

I normally play BE Warfare against a dedicated server, and after 2-3 hours FPS drops to 1 or 2 or 3.

ALt-tabbing the game down, then back up again fixes it for a time at first (about 5 minutes), but it soon goes back into hang mode. Of course restarting the client, or even restarting the mission fixes it until it winds up to near 1gb useage again.

Been meaning to get a footprint and submit it, but havent yet. Why does there seem to be a brick wall at 1gb main memory useage ?

Core 2 Duo Quad 6950

4GB DDR2

XFX Mobo

ATI 5850 GPU @ v11.2

View Distance 2500

Win XP 32

I tried it once with the warfare mission 'When diplomacy fails' and it appeared to have the same issue.

Why the wall at 1Gb main mem ?

happen w/me too.

after 35 of Warfare online, Arma2 fail with similar message, but in msg about "footpring" Arma 2 report about 8xxx xxx RAM usage[ie above8Gb(which i had)].

after im added[previously turned off]2Gb swap, problem never reproduced.

Yeah Ive been meaning to Dwarden -- I just need to duplicate the issue with no mods at all running before I could consider it a clean footprint, and I havent run it modless yet.

Ill try to do that soon.

Thanks as always for your support.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

By the way, it seemed to have the character of a memory leak -- mem useage would just count up slowly until the crash. To rule out the slow increase being a result of increasing (warfare) mission complexity, I waited until the warfare session was fully developed, and restarted my client -- and the memory useage started low, and slowly crept up in the same fasion as if Id just started the mission from scratch.

Looks like too much malloc() and too few mfree() to me.

Ah well its all speculation until I can get you a footprint and Ill try to do that soonest.