Sign in to follow this  
twisted1in7

ARMA 2: Combined Operations Installer

Quick question....Does A2:Combined Operations install both A2 and OA automatically when you run the setup.exe or do you run separate installations for each game and then combine the two games yourself?

As an ARMA 2 owner, I'm trying to figure out if there is any benefit in buying CO instead of just getting the OA expansion. Benefit meaning that you end up with a more integrated installation of the 2 games.

No benefit other than being in a position where you can give your original ArmA 2 to a friend. You get two separate installers and create CO by installing A2 followed by OA.

Yeah, my copy of CO came with a separate ARMA 2 disc and a separate OA disc, as if I bought the boxed copy of A2 and OA separately. When installing OA, just set the directory as wherever A2 is (for example C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\).

You'll end up with two .exe's, one arma2.exe for launching A2 and arma2oa.exe for Combined Ops.

There's also a utility laying around somewhere that lets you uncombine them and play standalone OA for whatever reason you might wish to do that.

Firstly, you don't get a installer packed with both games.

So even you made a purchase of ARMA 2: Combined Operations, it still comes with 2 separate installer: ARMA 2 (setup.exe) and ARMA 2 OA (Setup.exe)

Secondly, since you already have a copy of ARMA 2 why would you buy Combined Operations Bundle where it includes 2 game?

Thirdly, you should just buy OA Expansion and install to your ARMA 2 Directory (In fact, when it prompt you to select directory to install C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ARMA 2 will be selected by default)