Sign in to follow this  
teach

ARMA 2 1.09 vs ARMA CO

Quick question but with 1.09 being recently released, it is better to play it and say Red Harvest using 1.09 or via CO and 1.58? 1.09 is newer than the 1.58 CO is it not?

It seems as though Arma2 1.09 has many campaign and or mission fixes and Im in the middle of Harvest Red.

Thanks.

Edited by TeAcH

Wouldn't the 1.09 fixes also affect the 1.58 version?

If in doubt you could always install the latest beta and the fixes ought to be activated.

-k

Thanks.

Dunno. I could try the Beta yes. Maybe Ill do that but Im a little hesitant to play it if newer versions would make it incompatible with saves etc.

I'd believe it is as NkEnNy says. The fixes in 1.09 are for files that are used both by the arma2.exe and the arma2oa.exe, and I believe that running the game as CO still gives more advantages due to the enhanced performance and other improvements in OA.

I've even played CO in multiplayer with 1.09 installed while the server and other clients did not, and it went without a hitch (playing custom MP missions). For savegame-compatability though I'd recommend checking the 1.09-sticky.

I'm pretty sure the 1.09 patch, doesn't change anything oa related, since it's an arma2 patch only....

And, i'm also pretty sure, that the next oa patch will contain the 1.09 for arma2 also.

Shouldn't be any problem installing the 1.09, but don't expect savegames to work aftherwards ( they usualy don't )

one thing that arma 2 does better than OA in harvest red campaign is, that for example cooper has a different radio voice than with arma 2.

his conversations are with the usual cooper voice but when you use the radio, he has one of the new OA speakers.

if i remember it right...

Hi all

I am just guessing here but might it not be the case that 1.09 is a sychronisation patch between ArmA II and Arma II OA?

Kind Regards walker