Sign in to follow this  
hellfire257

CO12 Town Contact

loadoriginal.jpg

Background image by Macadamcow

Town Contact

This mission is based upon a mission by hank_officer made for ARMA1. I PMed hank_officer in December and received no reply, so here is the mission. If you do want this removed hank_officer, feel free to request it and I shall comply.

This mission is a wave based defense mission on Takistan. You will face levels of increasing difficulty composing of various different unit types. This mission has come a long way since the ARMA1 version. It has been updated with new scripts where needed, and now has parameters for various things.

Parameters:

- Gametype - This controls the individual waves from the standard 15 in order to the additional levels.

- Time - Mission can be played both in Night or Day.

- Ammo crate content - Basic, Normal and Advanced content.

- AI skill - Easy, Normal, Hard.

- Respawn time - Changes the respawn time.

- ACE earplug additions - Adds ACE earplugs to the ammocrates.

Credits/Thanks

- Hank_Officer for the original mission.

- Members of Havoc Company for spending hours helping me test.

- Rexehuk for lending many a helping hand along the way.

- Evil_Echo for his gear save script.

- Jaynus for helping me with keeping time static and buildings indestructable.

- Monsada for his UPSMON script.

- Macadamcow for the background images for both the load screen and overview picture (they are so spectacular! :D).

- BIS and the community.

- Celery for his snap height script.

- Kylania for drawing my attention to the ZORA signs script.

If there is anyone I've forgotten, please let me know and I'll happily amend the list.

Permissions

In the spirit of the community, you are free to edit publish and mirror this as you wish as long as myself, and more importantly Hank_Officer are credited.

Requirements

ARMA II Combined Operations ONLY

CBA Community Based Addons

:yay:DOWNLOAD ME:yay:

You are free to mirror this file.

Armaholic mirror:

- Town Contact Co-12 (@)

Thank-you Big and Foxhound!

To make editing this mission easier for you all, I've made a guide which can be downloaded here:

http://www.havoc-company.com/downloads/tc_editing_guide.pdf

Enjoy and please report any bugs on this thread.

Edited by Hellfire257

You finally got it released! Good job.

This is a great mission for just opening Arma and having a firefight btw ladies and gentlemen.

Hello all,

To make editing this mission easier for you all, I've made a guide which can be downloaded here:

http://www.havoc-company.com/downloads/tc_editing_guide.pdf

Furthermore, Big has kindly provided an ARMAHOLIC mirror, so thank-you Big and Foxhound!

Armaholic mirror:

- Town Contact Co-12 (@)

I've also updated the first post with these details.

Ohh fooking thankyou,remember this and remember porting this myself to FDF island ages ago but never could get it to work properly!

Well Done Hellfire :cool:

Edit:- uploaded to our server but does not work :confused:

Does cba need to be running on the server aswell?

ck

Edited by ck-claw

Yush, me thinks. Send me the RPT logs if that doesnt work. The CBA required module is down. I may take a look at being removing the CBA dependency at a later date.

Okie doke mate -will let ya know,not a problem if it is needed :cool:

I was just running server in 'public' mode with no addons.

EDIT:- yeah just stuck on Cba on server and loads up fine now buddy,have to wait till after work tonight to play :rolleyes: :D

Edited by ck-claw

Eeeexcellent....

Hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to report anything you feel needs fixing/tweaking here. The clients will also need CBA, or they will get a CTD.

Eeeexcellent....

Hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to report anything you feel needs fixing/tweaking here. The clients will also need CBA, or they will get a CTD.

Yeah we all run cba just not always on the server as we sometimes (these type of missions) run with no mods :cool:

Bloody brilliant fun mate!!

Alot better than the earlier version and the ai seem soo much more responsive but,think that is due to the patch? :D

I've ported it to the 'Qom Province' map had a panic on when one of the waves included 2 Apaches :D:D

However me thinks removing the cba dependancy would then give server a green symbol then more public would join?

The Apache duo was intentional. Drops you in the deep end in preparation for the next few waves. It also allows you brief practice at shooting them down! :) Glad you enjoyed it CK.

Awesome little revamped mission, I do like the successively harder waves, I think this will get a good rotation on our server post the regular 'serious' mission.

Only 'glitch' is infantry that once they get 'danger-close' to the compound, get stuck on the original western gate (that you've now blocked) because they can't see your Hesco (or whatever) barrier. Repeated waves saw 1-4 guys 'stacked-up' there, unable to go any further.

Very nice work to both original and present designers!

we had lots of fun with this mission tonight. great work thanks!

When Hellfire and I were testing this we had a truely epic moment...

A hind came in and disappeared, Hellfire and I looked at each other a bit miffed as we couldn't hear anything anymore... but WAIT what is that slight engine sound?

Suddenly an MI24 comes over the hill like a movie, like something out of airwolf, sound roaring and missle tubes firing, it was picture perfect in the center of the hill behind a house, my god I love GL4 :D.