Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA release candidate 1.59 build 79384 (RC6)

and it's released ... final ... enjoy, thanks

Super Dwarden, thanks heaps. Any ETA on an updated tool for creating the new signatures?

Super Dwarden, thanks heaps. Any ETA on an updated tool for creating the new signatures?

Very good point. I knew we forgot something important :j: I am not sure we can release it tomorrow but for sure early next week.

and it's released ... final ... enjoy, thanks

Time to start good 'ol Steam then!

EDIT: No Steam Update for me! Downloading the retro way. You didn't select YES on that STEAM Admin Game Update Thingy! :)

Edited by Posta

Problem with AI stuck when prone and using handgun is still not solved.

some things must wait for 1.60 ;)

Hi,

I'm not home and I cant test the betas, but could someone confirm/infirm that the bmp3/t90 missile bug is fixed ?

(missile is not steerable, is invisible, and is not even centered with crosshair)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14436

If not, could you please consider fixing it, from what I read in the bugtracker its only related to editing a few config lines (make missile fly slower), or maybe copy config from ACE mod (Arkan is very fast, visible and perfectly steerable)

If it is, then I love you BIS :)

Edited by Univ

Yeah, Steam's not showing yet. I really regret not buying the DVD. Ugh.

Yeah, Steam's not showing yet. I really regret not buying the DVD. Ugh.

1. Download patch.

2. Double click to install.

3. Play!

Hi,

I'm not home and I cant test the betas, but could someone confirm/infirm that the bmp3/t90 missile bug is fixed ?

(missile is not steerable, is invisible, and is not even centered with crosshair)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14436

If not, could you please consider fixing it, from what I read in the bugtracker its only related to editing a few config lines (make missile fly slower), or maybe copy config from ACE mod (Arkan is very fast, visible and perfectly steerable)

If it is, then I love you BIS :)

Yeah, please put that on the 1.60 list. :)

1. Download patch.

2. Double click to install.

3. Play!

It won't work. A box pops up saying that OA is not installed on this machine. How do you trick it for a Steam installation?

Haven't had time to test any of the latest beta/RC patches. I did install the 1.59 patch today, which I believe is more or less same as RC6 so I'll post in this thread.

AntiAliasing looks weird, very jagged. I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this in 1.57 (and I have set ATOC=0 and AA is set to application controlled in NVidia CP).

Don't you mean Arma4?

-k

It won't work. A box pops up saying that OA is not installed on this machine. How do you trick it for a Steam installation?

You don't, I installed it just fine and I have the steam version. Any chance previously having the RC may affect the install for some people?

And I think you can uninstall this patch thru Steam by just verifying the game cache. At least 1.09 reverted back to 1.08 when i tried this...

EDIT .. this should have been posted mainly in the 1.59 release thread but anyway ...

Or a beta in the next few days? :p

I have a mission that uses color module, when I team switch after dying the color gets removed and its back to standard colors, I dont remember this happening before? I wont jump the gun and see if its death moment color changes causing issues.

As I have been Beta using all the way through this, great to see it finally out and thanks for commitment to this and tireless efforts. Do you have a truck delivery of coffee or do BI dabble in alternate methods to "stay up" :)

Running well on my system, a bit of LOD flicker, but I think a defrag is in order and reading into things too much my end after patching.

On another note:

Do you think that face camo will finally be saved and remembered in SP on revert some time soon? Also will BIS delve deeper into the modules and Hi Command to get it that one step closer to absolute full power? Will Warfare module ever work after SP save revert if user is commander (all towns cannot be captured after revert)

Edited by mrcash2009

Thanks BIS!

Downloading 1.59 Final as I type and you guys truly rock! As said before, if there was a price for "Best after market support" in games/sims BIS would have won it year after year.

Btw: Recent helicopter sim announcement was a big surpise and great news, love to fly that little thing and hopefully someday that same fidelity will make it's way into a ArmA 3 :)

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Fabulous!

Realistic scope sunlight reflection, better animation speed, perfect FPS performance, fantastic graphic improvement no longer need me paying extra to update my graphic card and more comfortable feelings on the weapons!

Still a little suggestion, unit seems move a little bit fast who is holding heavy AT launcher on the flank when you pressing "A" or "D" and even faster than you moving ahead.

Thanks BIS!

Downloading 1.59 Final as I type and you guys truly rock! As said before, if there was a price for "Best after market support" in games/sims BIS would have won it year after year.

Btw: Recent helicopter sim announcement was a big surpise and great news, love to fly that little thing and hopefully someday that same fidelity will make it's way into a ArmA 3 :)

/KC

/Signed

Hey guys,

I downloaded the latest patch but havent got around to installing, and being on the forums here just about everyday

I seen a few threads pop up with troubles with the patch, which has kinda of made me weary of installing it.

comp specs:

winxp 32bit

amd single core cpu 2.6

nvidia geforece gtx 260

2 gigs of ramm,

750 watt psu

I dont have any problems other then the Ai freezing in place on ocassions in sp/mp with 1.57

which i think has been reported on devheaven.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't install the patch?

I mean its considered final now?

No reason to NOT install the patch. MAN UP and get it on !

No problems that cant be sorted :)

Hey guys,

I downloaded the latest patch but havent got around to installing, and being on the forums here just about everyday

I seen a few threads pop up with troubles with the patch, which has kinda of made me weary of installing it.

comp specs:

winxp 32bit

amd single core cpu 2.6

nvidia geforece gtx 260

2 gigs of ramm,

750 watt psu

I dont have any problems other then the Ai freezing in place on ocassions in sp/mp with 1.57

which i think has been reported on devheaven.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't install the patch?

I mean its considered final now?

Dont think its final. But read around and see what issue are out, as you may not like how some of the issue are about. Some say there getting issue with flickering and other stuff with graphics, there are some animations that are out of place too, some that have been since 1.56:icon_frown: All in All its steps up in AI though.