Sign in to follow this  
zad fnark

Microphone Issue

Tried a search, but no joy...

I'm having a microphone issue with ArmA2/OA. I'm using a Logitech desktop USB microphone. It works fine via other apps (Roger Wilco).

I would like to use the in game voice comm system. I can hear everyone else file, but I can't be heard. Yes, the mike is on. I figure the game is detecting my mike, since I can hear them. I've up the volume and mike settings. I remember from OFP days, that if your mike didn't work, you couldn't hear anyone else. I'm guessing it the same here.

In windows control panel, the microphone input is detected when used. Basically the mike works fine -- just not in this game.

Is there a compatability issue with Logitech microphones and ArnA2?

ZF-

You will be able to hear everyone else if your speakers are working, it has nothing to do with the mic in A2/OA. I do know a few people using Logitech headset mics without problems, but I suppose it could be specific to your model.

Make sure your mic is plugged in and working before you start the game. If you unplug it or reset the driver while the game is running you'll have to restart OA. Make sure the mic is your default recording device, and disable any other recording devices if possible. Also, just checking, make sure you have the right hotkey set (default is caps lock) and that a little microphone pops up when you press it.

I have the same issue with my mic which is a usb turtle beach headset. I messed around with every setting I could think of and could not find a way to have the mic work in game. I borrowed a friend's headset same issue as well. I just kinda came to the conclusion that OA does not like usb mics. My solution was purchasing a cheap mic from the dollar store to plug in to my front mic port. Defiantly not the best quality but hey it works and only cost me a dollar plus tax.

I had a similar problem for ages. Sorted out when I realised my speakers were set as Windows default instead of my headset. I changed default to my headset and mike gets picked up in-game VOIP fine now.

I have the same issue with my mic which is a usb turtle beach headset. I messed around with every setting I could think of and could not find a way to have the mic work in game. I borrowed a friend's headset same issue as well. I just kinda came to the conclusion that OA does not like usb mics. My solution was purchasing a cheap mic from the dollar store to plug in to my front mic port. Defiantly not the best quality but hey it works and only cost me a dollar plus tax.

That is simply not true, I have used many different USB microphone/headset combinations over the years and not one has failed to work.

One thing to consider is an issue where VOIP wasn't working correctly for some players, which has been fixed in one of the latest betas.

But the most likely scenario is that it is not configured correctly.

I went to Windows audio settings, and saw that the default device was the sound card port, so I swithched it to the USB mike. I won't find out if this works 'til next weekend. Thanks for the hint.

Old Roger Wilco MkIc doesn't seem to care either way.

ZF-

Alright, I've gone into Sounds and Audio Devices in the Control Panel and set the voice default to AK5370, which is my microphone. Others still can't hear me in ArmA2. The setting it was on was "HD Audio Rear Input", which I'm assuming was the ports at the back of the sound card.

Any other settings I should check? It works fine via the Test Hardware button. The mike itself works fine.

ZF-

Just throwing another idea into the pot. Apologies if this doesn't work or you have already tried it. I swithced my headset from plugging into soundcard at back of computer to the jacks at the front instead. Worked for me

Did you install drivers?

Check your ingame audio options.

Edited by Lonestar

No drivers were needed for Logitech's USB mike. I'm not using headphones, just my regular speakers for sound.

When I activate the mike in-game with the assigned key, the guy I'm playing with says he can hear some static when my mike icon goes on. He can see when I activate, but that's it.

The mike works. It works in ArmA1 and other software. I've just been struggling since ArmA2 came out. I've been using an old version of Roger Wilco in the interim, but since I setup a router, that got more complicated than I want to deal with. Besides, the sound quality in the game is better.

ZF-

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Alright, I notice a nuance.

I'm in the Sound and Audio Devices properties screen in the Control Panel.

In the Voice tab, I set the default to my USB mike. I notice in the Audio tab, there's an default setting for Sound Recording. I set this to my mike, so we'll see if this does the job.

ZF-

do you installed USB Audio filter driver ?

necessarily for some motherboard chipsets[ATi's, except 890's, not necessarily for nForces from 570 to 980's and necessarily for some early iNtel].

this things should be shipped with you motherboard on CD/DVD disc, unless you lose it or you motherboard too old.