Sign in to follow this  
bullman

Ordering your AI to walk?

Hi

Walk...not jog/run or sprint or crawl.

I've tried in the past to work out if and how this can be done.

Is there a mod for this?

Anyone?

Cheers

Bull

AI awareness on menu 7 determines how the AI moves. "Stealth" ... crawling around. "Safe" ... will run to position (usually). But I have not seen a command to force walking. Would prob have to be an add on.

If this is in the editor, set their waypoint's speed to "Limited".

But I have not seen a command to force walking. Would prob have to be an add on.

Could a mod can be made which gives the option make AI "walk"?

I understand that this might complicate things because the AI would probably have to break the "order to walk" if they came under fire for example. They would then have to break from walking and seek cover/return fire/engage etc.

I am not referring to the editor but in game.

As said there isn't anything for that just normal commanding in-game, only editor way and way-points.

Best you get is your team following you and you walking. Telling them to do something or go some place will never get them to walk, but then again, its been said in another thread like this, in what situation do you want your men to simply walk when you tell them to go some place, where them walking with you as you walk isn't good enough? The situations where im telling my AI to break formation and go somewhere I want them to do it pretty quick.

Patrolling is the only thing and in that case just have them follow you & you walk or tell them to move forward (so you as leader stay back) and you walk. This isnt perfect when your not the leader, so then that's all to do with waypoints and the mission maker.

Edited by mrcash2009

Only last night I found the answer to this.

Press Ctrl twice.

Have the man move forward at the slowest speed. He has now lowered his weapon so he is walking.

-

To make AI walk slow, order them to stand up (7->6) and set their behaviour to stealth.

in what situation do you want your men to simply walk when you tell them to go some place, where them walking with you as you walk isn't good enough?

I probably should have been more specific but I am referring to when I give a selection of my AI way points so that they essentially go on a walking patrol between two points, typically in a game mode like Warfare.

You also have the Limited speed choice in High Command, but even there I dont think AI always walk.

@Commonplace

I didnt know about the stand up and safe to force walk. Il check it out myself when I get ingame next time. Nice find.

You also have the Limited speed choice in High Command, but even there I dont think AI always walk.

As a matter of fact, I don't think I have ever even used High Command. Is it only activated in specially designed Single Player missions?

As a matter of fact, I don't think I have ever even used High Command. Is it only activated in specially designed Single Player missions?

Yes, but I also think it happens when you are the commander in Warfare. I'm not 100% on that though I haven't played Warfare much.

Yes, the mission have to have been designed for it. Once in the mission you press ctrl+space to swap between squad and HC command.

In my sig there is a link to my voice profile which contains a mission that includes control of 12 HC units. The mission is primary to help and teach people to use the voice profile, but... You could try that one if you want to check it out.

okMA_wEaPmw

Edited by JojoTheSlayer