Sign in to follow this  
(st6)predator

Select desired Factions in the Editor

Dear Game Developers,

dear Community.

Statement :

Since Operation Arrowhead we have a Tool (Extensions) , so we can select Mods and Addons that we want to have in our beloved Game.

Unfortunately some Mods and Addons bring additional fractions which I / we do not need or want.

As an example I would like to mention two Addons from the RHS - Group

( Dont get me wrong guys. Your addons are marginal class )

For Example :The BTR 70 and the BDM1 & 2 Addons bring me unwanted Factions in the Editor. (Molatia, Iraq, army, Ukraine)

But I would like only the Russian Group

Now to my Idea :

Would it be possible to program a Tool that allows us to choose which Groups are displayed in the Editor?

Similar how we do it already with the Mods and Addons?

This would finally bring the required Order to the Editor !

What do you think?

What do the Developers say ? Is it possible or not ?

Best Regards

(ST6)Predator

Edited by (ST6)Predator

You wouldn't need a tool for that, all they would need to do is have a filter setup in the editor, in the filter you could pick units,

groups, air, armored, ect,. and even factions.

But if you look at the editor under units it is already filtered, you pick USMC and you get the marines faction, ect,.

I think what your asking is to have it where there are no other factions other then the one you want, so maybe what you need to

ask is is it possible to reconfigure it so that there is an option to have a customized filter other then the preset factions,

you could pick a faction and nothing but that faction's units, air, tanks, ect,. would only be listed.

Sounds like a cool idea, would give the player some more specific options for building missions.

Wow you are just complaining over the choices BIS and addon/makers are giving to you?

...bring me unwanted Factions in the Editor. (Molatia, Iraq, army, Ukraine)

But I would like only the Russian Group

Is it really so hard to select + click on something in the editor you like to play with? :rolleyes:

Doublewow

This would finally bring the required Order to the Editor !

Are you kidding or do you really think that your wet dream of "required order" are required for everything and all other people in A2OA?

How in hell all the great missions and campaigns were build? Must be complete disordered mission makers...

I think he already knows that you can choose the different factions in the editor.

I believe his idea is to have a selection type filter where you can choose the faction you want and see nothing but that faction throughout the lists that come up,

instead of having to search and pick and choose through all the lists.

required order
from what i'm understanding is order is what he needs for a particular mission hes working on,

this would be done by a specific selection and one faction list only versus as to what I had said already having to sift through

all the units and factions, vehicles , and what not just to get what you want.

If you think about it the editor is like an ammo box with a ton of weapons and ammo, and other things to pick from,

you have to sift through it to get what you want, whereas a filter with faction lists can just list what you need.

If what I have been saying is correct I'm all for it, it would simplify and speedup the process of placing

what you want quicker based on specific factions.

NoRailgunner take a break and read between the lines before you make comments, a bad mood can influence

how and what you post in response to people.

There is a difference between trying to say something as in suggestion or ideas, versus struggling if that to word

something correctly so others get the jist of your ideas, and here I think your off the mark.

I think Gunter is getting to the point!

Only the Nations (armies) should be visible, which are "desirable".

That does not mean the other Armies are gone.

Each could determine his desired configeration in the Editor.

The question is:

Is it possible to add This in the Game or not ?

This can only answer the Developers I think !

Regards

(ST6)Predator

Make a simple addon to disable the undesired entries.

Make a simple addon to disable the undesired entries.

Sure you could accomplish that with a simple addon.

Personally, I have no idea how to do something like This.

Because there is already something similar for the mods, I thought thats would also be possible for the editor.

Regards

(ST6)Predator

I'd liek to have it where the others are not disabled just filtered out, so if you want them or a certain faction its there,

otherwise you got to remove the addon to get the others.

I think a filter option is the best bet.