Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

BI Developer's Blog: An interesting new entry

So it has nothing to do with ArmA 2?

Why was it posted on their ArmA 2 facebook page and the ArmA 2 section of the forums then? Got my hopes up for nothing lol.

So it has nothing to do with ArmA 2?

Why was it posted on their ArmA 2 facebook page and the ArmA 2 section of the forums then? Got my hopes up for nothing lol.

161.jpg

I feel your pain bro. :butbut:

HaHa those maps should be great for ArmA2 - *Opfor guy comes in*: start the invasion to Seattle City :p

Edited by RobertHammer

from the trailer, it looks like the RV engine still.

Wonder what upgrades they are going to do to it and if we'll see those in an ArmA 2 expansion (if one ever comes).

Seriously I was really pumped for the new DLC or expansion for ArmA 2. They should have really announced this in the BIS general section.

Well, BIS only made and DevBlog entry. It was OP decision where to post this... So don't blame BIS.

EDIT: Ooops, my bad. Forgot about Facebook...

Edited by Max255[PL]

to be honest, I AM DISSAPPOINTED :eek::eek:

but its not done yet, I think

Edited by PurePassion

Take On should take advantage of that template–like ArmA, Bohemia simply needs to build a beautiful set of tools, tutorials and tech that player-made missions and add-ons can sit on.

This will be very interesting for possible combining it with arma content and vice versa (at least models, etc.) if its using the same (RV)engine.

propministerBaghdad.jpg

We will get ArmA 3 announcment sooner or later!!

trollface.gif

I hope!

Edited by Mafia101

Well that's a huge disappointment. I can't imagine a large market for a helicopter sim. Why would people stop using Flight Simulator X?

Well that's a huge disappointment. I can't imagine a large market for a helicopter sim. Why would people stop using Flight Simulator X?

Cause we support our favourite company instead?

I dunno I think I know one person who'd like it, he plays FSX all the time and might enjoy this.

If he says it's good, then I might pick it up just to support BIS (one of the last good remaining developers left on this planet)

South Asia, Seattle? Please let this turn out to be an A2 Expansion. Where the Chinese invade.

;1887189']Well' date=' BIS only made and DevBlog entry. It was OP decision where to post this... So don't blame BIS.

EDIT: Ooops, my bad. Forgot about Facebook...[/quote']

Don't blame the OP too!! :D

He really thought this would be A2 related, since he saw the entries in the Arma 2 Facebook page! ;)

EDIT:

BTW, why "everyone" wants Arma 3??? Arma 2 still is absolutely expandable and developable! I would love to hear about a second expansion like OA was!

Edited by Undeceived

I am glad to see BI take on the hardest type of sim to make, however i am a bit disappointed by the fact that there is notthing related to ARMA

and regarding the other pictures

1. terrain is simple satellite image aswell the houses (space Needle) etc could be an montage

the only thing that looks like there was put a lot effort in, are the heli modells

2. we have arma 2 water in this picture http://takeonthegame.com/paraslide/images/slides/TakeOnH-3.jpg

3. "Harry Larkin's aviation business has fallen on tough times. Built up over decades, it's now only days away from closure. His sons face an uncertain future, struggling to save the company their father spent his whole life building. Together, they must take on contracts and competitors; together, they take on helicopters! "

so if thats the storyline what about this http://takeonthegame.com/paraslide/images/slides/TakeOnH-2.jpg

there is still hope ;)

what do you think about this?

Edited by PurePassion

I am glad to see BI take on the hardest type of sim to make, however i am a bit disappointed by the fact that there is notthing related to ARMA
Its the ArmA2 engine :p

So that's somehow related, it's a clever way to gain more/other customers to finance their engine evolution.

and regarding the other pictures

1. terrain is simple sat image aswell the houses etc the only thing that looks like there was put a lot effort in, are the helis

2. we have arma 2 water in the picture above

3. "Harry Larkin's aviation business has fallen on tough times. Built up over decades, it's now only days away from closure. His sons face an uncertain future, struggling to save the company their father spent his whole life building. Together, they must take on contracts and competitors; together, they take on helicopters! "

so if thats the storyline what about this http://takeonthegame.com/paraslide/images/slides/TakeOnH-2.jpg

there is still hope ;)

Sorry but holy Christ, they're at least 7 months (Q4 2011, as mentioned) away from release. Cut them some slack. :D

Isn't it April 1st in Australia already?

Sorry but holy Christ, they're at least 7 months (Q4 2011, as mentioned) away from release. Cut them some slack. :D

i think i'm just desperatly looking for indicies to say there are tricking on us and its related to arma 2

but dont you think the thing with the merlins is strange

and what about this

http://mrcharles.pytalhost.com/TakeOn!/TakeON!3.jpg

http://mrcharles.pytalhost.com/TakeOn!/TakeON!2.jpg

If they wanted to announce a new venture for BIS, they should have posted that announcement on the BIS FACEBOOK page, not Arma2! :mad:

quite deceiving.

128975315182580844.jpg

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

they did this because they had only like 400 followers

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

btw thats what they said

Thanks, guys!

Let me make a few quick points while you pick over the carcass of the announcement. Though I'm sure my sage wisdom will soon become buried under a pile of new comments.

The announcement of Take On obviously doesn't mean that support for arma 2 will be dropped. With a new patch soonâ„¢ to be released, the imminent arrival of A2:Reinforcements, and some as-yet-unannounced plans in the pipeline, we'll be chained to our bug-fixing desks for some time to come.

We've got more than one team, and they're all within relative kicking distance for those show-stoppers, tweaks, and optimisations. Just think of us as a multi-core CPU, except we're submersible in beer. Anyway, we've never heard of any developer just suddenly slashing support for a product with little warning.

The ongoing developments and tech improvements we're able to focus on in Take On are bound to filter down to other and future projects. We've got a more in-depth interview about the whole shabam coming up soon, and I just know the community will get giddy when they read about them. DID SOMEONE SAY PiP?!?!

This project is certainly closer to the arma engine and family than other ongoing developments, which is another reason we felt it was appropriate to post on the Arma 2 FB channel (Though, I thought you guys had all boycotted such privacy-threatening nonsense! ). Also, only 400 of you fine gentlemen and ladies 'like' the official BI channel. Fiends.

TL;DR Haters gonna hate; helicopters rule.

Best,

RiE