Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

BI Developer's Blog: An interesting new entry

The thing in the background on the second pic with MSA (gallet?) on it is prob'ly a flight helmet.

according to heli pilot's name maybe another clue:

Jara Cimrman (Zimmermann) is czech fictional comic character.

Edited by Yano.t11

Okay, so to sum up what we've got so far:

1: A dev blog entry named "Taking on a Sharper Focus", posted on March 24th.

2: Inside the blog text, a link hidden in the word "sense", pointing to a Google Street View location in Seattle, WA, close to the Space Needle.

3: A picture of the rear end of an MD 520N helicopter, posted on March 25th.

4: Encoded inside the above picture, three URLs to images that make up a composite picture of the Seattle skyline.

5: A new picture, this time of a guy wearing shades, sitting in what appears to be some type of aircraft.

6: Embedded within the above picture is a protected RAR file, containing a single text file named third_time_lucky.txt, which can be extracted using the password 313. The text file contains a link to a YouTube video of german pilot Charlie Zimmermann flying some pretty daring stunts in a BO-105 helicopter.

Did I miss anything?

I think you got it all there, good summery.

I suppose you could include the mysteriously photoshopped shades for no apparent reason... Or is that how the password was found?

Main themes:

Aviation, namely helicopters

Seattle: it's skyline and the space needle

Possible themes:

Reflection

Focus

Clarity

Clouds

What does it all mean?

For the record there is a 1 (or something that looks like a 1) on the clipboard in the picture that was posted which could be part of the password. Not sure though. I have no idea how we were supposed to guess that though.

Easy.

1. We get to jump off from a helicopter in Wingsuits.

2. BIS releases a big map of Seattle for this and everyone managing to land on the Space Needle is winning a 1 week trip to Seattle.

Sponsored by Red Bull :)

Ive been looking at the newer picture and gathering some thoughts. Purely based on the picture as is, rather than learning how to see if somethings edited.

I havent managed to narrow down the airport from the 'right lense' and the left lense, you can see a reflection of the door of the aircraft. From a quick look its not the door of a md520/other variants. But it is very similar to that of the door from the BO-105.

But there is a shadow on the guys forehead which i cant seem to place in the cockpit of a BO-105, but the 'nub' shadow and other shadows on his forehead are strangely acurate for that of some cessnas, But the rear of the picture obviously isnt a cessna.

I havent managed to narrow down the airport from the 'right lense' and the left lense, you can see a reflection of the door of the aircraft.

I have been attempting to do the same thing, I have looked through most regional and the international airport in seattle. I am trying to track it down via the red on top of the hanger on our right lens.

Edited by bobtom

)rStrangelove;1885083']Easy.

1. We get to jump off from a helicopter in Wingsuits.

2. BIS releases a big map of Seattle for this and everyone managing to land on the Space Needle is winning a 1 week trip to Seattle.

Sponsored by Red Bull :)

You don't stand a chance

H4bhCMd5Gbw

:yay:

similar camera in between the seats. Anybody know what it's for?

only they use orange suits (obviously cuz they're dutch) and yellow helmets instead of white/red.

just to back up my previous suggestions that its a korea themed dlc, the BO15 helicopter is also used by South Korea.

Okay, so to sum up what we've got so far:

1: A dev blog entry named "Taking on a Sharper Focus", posted on March 24th.

2: Inside the blog text, a link hidden in the word "sense", pointing to a Google Street View location in Seattle, WA, close to the Space Needle.

4: Encoded inside the above picture, three URLs to images that make up a composite picture of the Seattle skyline.

5: A new picture, this time of a guy wearing shades, sitting in what appears to be some type of aircraft.

6: Embedded within the above picture is a protected RAR file, containing a single text file named third_time_lucky.txt, which can be extracted using the password 313. The text file contains a link to a YouTube video of german pilot Charlie Zimmermann flying some pretty daring stunts in a BO-105 helicopter.

Did I miss anything?

Only a minor thing but the URL of the Blog post is 215-taking-on-the-future

Only a minor thing but the URL of the Blog post is 215-taking-on-the-future

True, and certainly worth mentioning. The "215" part doesn't seem to have any special meaning though, since all dev blog posts have such a number in their URL. Just thought I would point that out, before people start trying to read something into it. ;)

I've also been told that the pilot in the BO-105 video may not be Charlie Zimmerman after all, but possibly Wilfried von Engelhard.

Anyway, adding new info to the list:

1: A dev blog entry named "Taking on a Sharper Focus" with the slightly different URL "taking-on-the-future", posted on March 24th.

6: Embedded within the above picture is a protected RAR file, containing a single text file named third_time_lucky.txt, which can be extracted using the password 313. The text file contains a link to a YouTube video of german pilot Charlie Zimmermann or Wilfried von Engelhard (not sure who) flying some pretty daring stunts in a BO-105 helicopter.

So far, we've seen the following obvious/unambiguous references:

• Seattle (2x) - Google Street View link, picture of skyline
  • Helicopters (2x) - Picture (MD 520N), link to video (BO-105)

Speculated references:

• Shapur - "taking on a sharper focus"
  • March 31st - "313"
  • South Korea - MD 520N and BO-105, asian faces introduced in PMC
  • Carrier Command / science fiction - the Space Needle location, "taking on the future"

Edited by MadDogX

There's also a chopper on top of the Komo4 building.

There's also a chopper on top of the Komo4 building.

Yes... a Bell 407?

Edited by Trux

Are we really sure this is Seattle skyline?

I mean, what catch my eyes before anything else in this pic are the cranes.

Damn this community is awesome. BIS got itself a really good Secret Service here.

Yup, Port of Seattle cranes :)

A5CWMJ.jpg

Might be a Frasier DLC after all ("Frasier Crane" :D)

I think we have eliminated any doubt that it's Seattle. The real question is: why? ;)