Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

BI Developer's Blog: An interesting new entry

Hmmm....BIS....ArmA.....Seattle.....Nintendo is in Seattle....therefore, we're getting ArmA on the Wii!

In a way that would be kinda cool, but man what kind of super programmer could make arma enough optimized for a wii console :P .

Another pic of the heli :D

...That would be some kinda awesome Parallax mapping.

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile
Mod disclaimer: is there a topic to be off? Yes. and I'm sorry.

Hmmm....BIS....ArmA.....Seattle.....Nintendo is in Seattle....therefore, we're getting ArmA on the Wii!

If there is one thing i learned from this topic its that apparently, fucking everything is made in Seattle. :D

Seattle, helicopter smiley face, trollface..? This is by far the best trolling of a game developer as of yet. Kudos. :hehe:

Anyways, could this picture be from the game "prequal" to whatever BI is up to?

jpg2.jpg

Considering Carrier Command is an old game brought back to life that is.

Edited by colossus

I want them ladies in blufor!

CSI at its best here people keep it up, and we'll crack that easter egg open!

Edited by Jeza

So am I the only one thinking of a Battle Los Angeles/alien invasion themed DLC?? Except in this case it might be Battle: Seattle?

If there is one thing i learned from this topic its that apparently, fucking everything is made in Seattle. :D

Bit odd though since both the picture and the Google Maps link are showing downtown Seattle, and all the "connected" things are not really in Seattle.

Valve -> Bellevue, WA

Nintendo -> Redmond, WA

Micro$oft -> Redmond, WA and moar. Their campuses are spreading like cancer around here

Might have to leave the house and go search for clues :p

This better not be an April Fools thing!

Bit odd though since both the picture and the Google Maps link are showing downtown Seattle, and all the "connected" things are not really in Seattle.

Valve -> Bellevue, WA

Nintendo -> Redmond, WA

Micro$oft -> Redmond, WA and moar. Their campuses are spreading like cancer around here

Might have to leave the house and go search for clues :p

This better not be an April Fools thing!

Hell, maybe we will get Frasier related DLC. :D

lulz, vacation in Seattle.. there's nothing here to do.

However they should Make Arma 3 in Washington state. Urban areas, mountains, desert, rainforest, coast, the puget sound and the strait. Plus I wouldn't even need a map to navigate around the Seattle area.

Hell, maybe we will get Frasier related DLC. :D

Ohh yes i'm behind that marty and his walking stick fending off the bad guys and niles quivering in his boots :D

I still do not get the connection between the Helo and Seattle. Neither Hughes nor MD Helicopters are located anywhere near Seattle (they're in California and Arizona). I don't see how the chopper relates to Seattle, and how the whole thing relates to ArmA :confused:

There might be no connection. BI just said that they would update us on what they are up to. It seems like there's something to do with seattle, and an md500. There is what seems to be a render of seattle, so one would believe it's game or rendering technology related. BI makes simulations and sim games, so I think the least far fetched extrapolation about the helicopter is that they've made an MD 500 addon. It could be something totally abstract, though, or these might be a step in a string of associations.

I still do not get the connection between the Helo and Seattle. Neither Hughes nor MD Helicopters are located anywhere near Seattle (they're in California and Arizona). I don't see how the chopper relates to Seattle, and how the whole thing relates to ArmA :confused:

Well, the Boeing company (which merged with McDonnell Douglas) was founded in Seattle, so maybe that is the connection?

edit: actually, i think Boeing has some factory in Seattle (maybe they produced those helis there?), but i can be wrong.

edit2: http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM2GX9_The_Boeing_Airplane_Company_Red_Barn_Seattle_WA ;-))

---------- Post added at 03:02 ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 ----------

....and just to add little bit to the desinformation:

The helicopter could be just a rebus - MD could stand for "Medium Distance" / "Metric Distance" / "Distance in Meters", where 500 is the actual distance, and N means "North of that google maps spot" ;-)

And there it is! YES! WOW

Edited by 5133p39

Then is a new SimCopter:

simcopter.jpg

:D

That game was weird....... Funny as hell.

EDIT:

Of course it is, see:

sVg1eht8VL8

@0:07: Weird animations, like ArmA. Check.

@0:15: Not so user friendly GUI and ArmA´s light engine (see the spotlight). Check.

@0:19: Problems with textures and lights, just like ArmA and Alpha Textures.

@0:36: Clearly the Space Needle, weird gunner view and physics for choppers. Just like....

@0:53: A COW! and human interacting weirdly, just like ArmA. (You can also see the Civ Module working down there)

Edited by Smurf

I think u're on to something Smurf. That is Seattle in that simCopter video after all. I dont think that there is anything going on in seattle and BIS, the google map trick was purely to throw us on that SimCopter thing.

Simcopter and Sim Drive (or Simcar)... damn those games sucked....... down a big bowl of awesome! :D

I remember just making giant half pipes in simcity for the cars and driving up and down and flying through the air haha. Also in Simdrive the people all walked backwards and talked in giberish...

Oh it was called Streets of Simcity... not Sim Drive... :D

Well, the Boeing company (which merged with McDonnell Douglas) was founded in Seattle, so maybe that is the connection?

edit: actually, i think Boeing has some factory in Seattle (maybe they produced those helis there?), but i can be wrong.

edit2: http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM2GX9_The_Boeing_Airplane_Company_Red_Barn_Seattle_WA ;-))

---------- Post added at 03:02 ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 ----------

....and just to add little bit to the desinformation:

The helicopter could be just a rebus - MD could stand for "Medium Distance" / "Metric Distance" / "Distance in Meters", where 500 is the actual distance, and N means "North of that google maps spot" ;-)

And there it is! YES! WOW

Wait, what? What is 500 meters north?

Wait, what? What is 500 meters north?
I dont want to spoil it for you, just zoom in and look carefully :)