Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

BI Developer's Blog: An interesting new entry

North Korean based DLC

Capital N on the dev blog for NK, in red, with red being popular colour used by NK, flag is mostly red with some blue & white. There is a Red Dragon in the picture too. In photo's section of the link provided in the dev blog, there is a korean/asian lady having a photo taken by the Komo News building saying " New home of the Mariners" Maybe a Carrier fleet dispacthed to the new conflict?

http://www.komonews.com/news/national/112412934.html

http://www.komonews.com/news/national/110744354.html

Komo News also use a red N like the dev blog did??

Just my thoughts anyway :D

Edited by jdbecks

BI staff must love making these statements... must be hilarious to see the panic that appears on forums in hours :D.

I am fairly intrigued as to what it could be though...

I personally hope it's a fully modelled:

llama.jpg

All it needs is an M2 attachTo onto it's back and we have the best weapon ever.

Just look what date it is next week. Im not fooled again by BIS :)

BI staff must love making these statements... must be hilarious to see the panic that appears on forums in hours :D

Panic?

There's a puzzle before us and it's fun to try to solve it. Where's the panic?

Wrong Max. EVERYBODY is panicking because it seems like BIS is going to turn ArmA into a tour program for the Space Needle, with the surrounding view of Seattle. (Of course you won't be able to leave the Space Needle, or jump off the edge. You'll be locked in there foreeeeeveeeer. :D

Wrong Max. EVERYBODY is panicking because it seems like BIS is going to turn ArmA into a tour program for the Space Needle, with the surrounding view of Seattle. (Of course you won't be able to leave the Space Needle, or jump off the edge. You'll be locked in there foreeeeeveeeer. :D

*huff huff* OH GOD NO, NOOOO *huff huff* GET ME OUT OF HERE....GET ME OOOOUUUTTTT!!!!!

You where talking about wikipedia, but did you mean the biki?

Takistan on the Biki

I found this line of text there

On June 1, 2012, a few days after the ultimatum, Alliance forces deployed bases in rebel-controlled territories and instigated Operation Arrowhead, whose objectives are to neutralize the threat of ballistic missile attacks and nullify the possibility of an attack on Karzeghistan before attempting any humanitarian or political actions.

So Karzeghistan would make sense in the story line.

No, I really meant wikipedia. If you google takistan, you'll see that the second link is tajikistan's page on wikipedia. Because I googled takistan, I thought that that page actually was takistan's page on wikipedia. After I saw my mistake I looked better, and I found the biki page you mentioned. That page, together with a couple more (see for example here), makes that historical developments I mentioned earlier. That draws me to the same conclusion as you: Karzeghistan makes sense.

However, all that news seems pretty old, around last summer. So that news is probably made for BAF. Someone more informed maybe can confirm this (I don't have BAF). I would suspect some extra developments.

Now what about the title of that blog item: Taking on a sharper focus

What could that hint at? The google url or something different? The url is called Taking on the future what's that about?

Yeah, I noticed that. I don't have an answer.

Speaking of Karzeghistan....sharper....Shapur?????

Well spotted. That may very well be (part of) the answer.

Uhmmm.... war for Shapur with Karzeghistan maybe?

Perhaps hinting that the next variation of OFP/ArmA will use the Carrier Command engine? :p

Edit* This is the real map of the region, from BIS.

What is interesting in this map is that it's in 2013, while the events on the biki are in 2012. That could be related to the "taking on the future" title.

Where did you get that picture?

I think it's got something to do with April fools too as bis love to play mind games with the community and its coming to that time

And as far as what's next for a dlc/expansion id'e guess is something to do with Russians in north part of Takistan ;)

Well spotted. That may very well be (part of) the answer.

Uhmmm.... war for Shapur with Karzeghistan maybe?

Would make sense seeing that Shapur is in Karzeghistan. Didn't think about April Fools, now I'm ganna be disappointed if nothing really shapes up...

Everyone here would still buy it :p

I would, if it had mod support. ;)

To do what? Change the city the Space Needle is in? Have a UFO hover above it? Have the Russians attack it- bringing it down with you inside (killing you), adding new wall colors, different colored steps, adding a weird janitor that walks around flipping you off, and laughing maniacally when he sees you trying to get out/off the tower?

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

@dontknowhow - I got that map from the ArmA 2 Facebook page.

I bet BI are mocking us right now

EDIT: Its my birthday on the 3rd, howd ya know bi :p

Edited by ArmAriffic

I think it's got something to do with April fools too as bis love to play mind games with the community and its coming to that time

And as far as what's next for a dlc/expansion id'e guess is something to do with Russians in north part of Takistan ;)

North might make sense too, considering that n set as a link. But the guy pointing west on that google page is quite a hint, I would say.

EDIT: also, sharper - Shapur looks like a good connection

Would make sense seeing that Shapur is in Karzeghistan. Didn't think about April Fools, now I'm ganna be disappointed if nothing really shapes up...

Can't figure that coming. April 1 is also Reinforcements day, does it mean it's an April's fool? That can't be, or it will be a gigantic April's fool involving a few retailers.

It could actually be that when Reinforcements is released something else comes out too.

Edited by dontknowhow

It could actually be that when Reinforcements is released something else comes out too.

Hmmm good thinking...

Because things sell so much better when you don't tell anybody about them.

Because things sell so much better when you don't tell anybody about them.

yeah, and they sell especially well when you give them for free, like some bonus content (EW for example).

Or it's possible that it won't come out on April 1st. These are just assumptions