Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

BI Developer's Blog: An interesting new entry

yeah, I guess they have to take if from somewhere.

I said uzbekistan because I found a page on wikipedia saying that takistan borders with uzbekistan on the west. It took me too much time to see that I was actually looking at tajikistan, and not takistan. Happens when you don't use google properly :). I was indeed astonished by the huge amount of information they made up for takistan on wikipedia.

By the way, anybody knows where karzeghistan is? I saw this name a few times, but I can't figure out where it is.

I'm thinking more and more that this thing will have something to do with karzeghistan

Takistan Map with Bordering Countries

Karzeghistan is fictional. An important hint is that the only links you get with a google search is that all of them are related to Operation Arrowhead or BI.

Karzeghistan is fictional. An important hint is that the only links you get with a google search is that all of them are related to Operation Arrowhead or BI.

Little bit OT: I see names like Namalks, Thursk, Capraia & Quesh-Kibrul on that map, is this map usermade or did those add-on makers get their inspiration from that image? :)

Well, when I googled Takistan the second hit was the Tajikistan's page on wikipedia. That's what tricked me.

thank you for the map. It's very interesting.

okay, it is a bit more complex that I was thinking, so I'll tell how I got to my idea. There are 3 things:

1) look at the developers blog page (this one, just to be clear), and notice how the link is set: it splits the word sense. SE-N-SE. Looks like cardinal points to me.

2) look on the facebook page: "ALL QUIET ON THE EASTERN FRONT"

3) finally, look on the google page. Look at the man in the corner on the bottom right. In what direction is he looking?

So, my guess is that, looking at Karzeghistan's position, and considering the "historical" developments, it can be something related to Karzeghistan. A campaign involving Karzeghistan, Karzeghistan's map, or both.

However, I see that Ardistan is right there on the west, so maybe it could be something involving Ardistan.

If I had to choose I would go for Karzeghistan. But rather than a map I'm opting for a campaign now.

There are probably guys with more knowledge than me capable of giving some more insight in that regard

EDIT: yeah, looking at Karzeghistan's size maybe a map doesn't look like a bad idea. Ardistan is huge

Edited by dontknowhow

It's usermade, as it was created by an ArmA 2 clan that plays on all those maps.

OT: I think Maruk is hiding somewhere in the google image....

If you look north on that google street view, you see a link to lcd64bit's photo stream on flickr. He seems to do a lot of architectural photography. I don't know if this is a lead or what.

edit: His photo stream seems only to be pics of Seattle so I don't think it's really going anywhere.

Edited by Max Power

Well, when I googled Takistan the second hit was the Tajikistan's page on wikipedia. That's what tricked me.

thank you for the map. It's very interesting.

okay, it is a bit more complex that I was thinking, so I'll tell how I got to my idea. There are 3 things:

1) look at the developers blog page (this one, just to be clear), and notice how the link is set: it splits the word sense. SE-N-SE. Looks like cardinal points to me.

2) look on the facebook page: "ALL QUIET ON THE EASTERN FRONT"

3) finally, look on the google page. Look at the man in the corner on the bottom right. In what direction is he looking?

So, my guess is that, looking at Karzeghistan's position, and considering the "historical" developments, it can be something related to Karzeghistan. A campaign involving Karzeghistan, Karzeghistan's map, or both.

However, I see that Ardistan is right there on the west, so maybe it could be something involving Ardistan.

If I had to choose I would go for Karzeghistan. But rather than a map I'm opting for a campaign now.

There are probably guys with more knowledge than me capable of giving some more insight in that regard

EDIT: yeah, looking at Karzeghistan's size maybe a map doesn't look like a bad idea. Ardistan is huge

You where talking about wikipedia, but did you mean the biki?

Takistan on the Biki

I found this line of text there

On June 1, 2012, a few days after the ultimatum, Alliance forces deployed bases in rebel-controlled territories and instigated Operation Arrowhead, whose objectives are to neutralize the threat of ballistic missile attacks and nullify the possibility of an attack on Karzeghistan before attempting any humanitarian or political actions.

So Karzeghistan would make sense in the story line.

Now what about the title of that blog item: Taking on a sharper focus

What could that hint at? The google url or something different? The url is called Taking on the future what's that about?

Edited by ParaGraphic L

I guess if you look at the word 'sense' as cardinal points, you can have S, E, N, S, E. The only one not represented there is West.

You where talking about wikipedia, but did you mean the biki?

Takistan on the Biki

I found this line of text there

On June 1, 2012, a few days after the ultimatum, Alliance forces deployed bases in rebel-controlled territories and instigated Operation Arrowhead, whose objectives are to neutralize the threat of ballistic missile attacks and nullify the possibility of an attack on Karzeghistan before attempting any humanitarian or political actions.

So Karzeghistan would make sense in the story line.

Now what about the title of that blog item: Taking on a sharper focus

What could that hint at? The google url or something different? The url is called Taking on the future what's that about?

Speaking of Karzeghistan....sharper....Shapur?????

There is of course the possibility this is all to do with Carrier Command: Gaea Mission given the space references

There is of course the possibility this is all to do with Carrier Command: Gaea Mission given the space references

Don't you dare spoil it!! :p

The only game I have played with the Space Needle in is World in Conflict. But somehow i doubt it's connected.

Would be cool if we had a Hitman 5 type ARG though.

Don't you dare spoil it!! :p

I was going to say he knows how to piss on bonfires :P.

Any who lets hope BIS are up to good.

Can't see any picture, just a brief text:

Thursday, 24 March 2011 13:12 Written by Joris-Jan van 't Land

Check back with us over the next few days to get a sense of what we're going to take on next ...

Am I missing something???

Why would a reference to that blog post be made on the ArmA II facebook page if it's about Carrier Command? (already said earlier in this thread btw)

Can't see any picture, just a brief text:

Am I missing something???

Yeah just go read the first few comments in this thread

PS: Does this mean we're gonna get some clever punches being trown towards the 'other' game? :D Can't wait! *Where is my popcorn*

Edited by ParaGraphic L

Look at the 'n' in sense!

Thanks! :p:p:p

Edit: Alien Invasion DLC??

My bet goes for Carrier Command

Just something interesting I noticed guys...

I searched a google map of the space needle, found its location...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=military+bases+in+seattle&cp=21&safe=off&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Then after I searched 'military bases in seattle' and interestingly enough right around the Space Needle there are several air force/army related bases close by. Don't know if it has any relation, still thought it was interesting

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=military+bases+in+seattle&cp=21&safe=off&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Maybe there will be a town or something in a map based off of Seattle? In Chernarus there are several tall space needle looking things in a couple of towns...

Why would a reference to that blog post be made on the ArmA II facebook page if it's about Carrier Command? (already said earlier in this thread btw)

Because people who like ArmA II might be interested in Carrier Command since its made by the same developer. There is nothing to rule out Carrier Command. I do kind of hope its something ArmA related though although I wouldn't mind Carrier Command news.

Perhaps hinting that the next variation of OFP/ArmA will use the Carrier Command engine? :p

Edit* This is the real map of the region, from BIS.

154758_475334706016_72200346016_6108472_1212395_n.jpg

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Because people who like ArmA II might be interested in Carrier Command since its made by the same developer. There is nothing to rule out Carrier Command. I do kind of hope its something ArmA related though although I wouldn't mind Carrier Command news.

I think that in this case they would post in on the BI Facebook page, not on the Arma 2 page.

At least I hope that it is about A2 and not about CC.

Edited by Undeceived