Sign in to follow this  
Nilmerg

Armarize, yet another utility for ArmA2

Uhm, yeah, different versions regarding the executable are possible but if also the remaining game files are different things become a bit more difficult. (The checkbox you have suggested is a quick change, that should be possible for the next update and that A2Free has another registry path is news to me, and no more a problem. :) ) If A2 should be started one has to define its executable in the profile.

I see that there is still something that might be improved, let me see what makes it in the next update. :)

Cool. I'll wait to see what you come up with ;)

Generally the game files will remain the same, it will just be launching with different betas, particularly as the VON port was changed in 96061, so I have to use 95417 to play on servers that haven't updated yet. If I need to test a different version (e.g. 1.60 instead of 1.62) I use Sandboxie, with the different files in the Sandbox, which get overlaid virtually on the game files whilst Sandboxie is running. I doubt I'll be doing that anymore though, now that the LOD switching bug has been fixed in the latest beta :)

As I released Armarize 1.3 I mentioned a few reasons why I started with its development. One reason was to get more experience in application development. This means that some parts of the source code are somewhat unstructured and I felt a bit like an "adventurer" as I implemented support for Take On Helicopters the last days... However, it is done now and Armarize got also a few other features:

• [FEATURE] Added native support for ArmA2 Free and Take On Helicopters.
  • [FEATURE] It is now possible to define per profile which game will be started by default.
  • [FEATURE] It is now possible to disable the use of the custom executable defined within a profile.
  • [FEATURE] It is now possible to display a preview of the command-line that is used to start the game.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when removing a favorite gameserver or adding a new one.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when joining on a gameserver where a buddy is playing.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when the favorites were refreshed automatically.

If you have already installed Armarize, just start it. Otherwise:

i can't see server

otstrel.ru #4+

In multyplayer menu filter works good

fullname server: otstrel.ru #4+ ACE

Hi. Try adding the server manually as favorite (right click on empty space in the upper server list) or join on it using the "Connect"-Button (Left to the "Start"-Button on the lower right in the browser) wherewith it pops up as history entry. Using the ip and port (217.199.212.71:2540) the server will be displayed for me, though with a slightly different name than the one you have mentioned. Hope this helps.

PS: Also note that the server is currently password protected so please check your filter settings! ;)

Nearly five months passed since the last full update and its incremental successors. That is a long time, and definitely my personal record, but I suppose there was not any need for a new update as Armarize ran very stable. Though this stability might be a little bit affected with today's update as I changed much parts of the code and did a bunch of minor improvements. But I hope that I had enough time to ensure that everything is working well...

This update also introduces a new feature which was requested a few days after the first release of Armarize: Drag & Drop when changing the loadorder of mods. (Another record beaten!) I have also integrated the functionality for creating groups of modifications which gives finer grained control how modifications are loaded when launching the game. And to facilitate joining on a gameserver it is now possible to link a specific profile with one so that this profile is used when joining.

The next major update will also introduce a feature that was long awaited by some of you: Custom synchronisation repositories. Though rsync will be the only supported type of repository initially and zsync might follow some time later.

• [FEATURE] Added possibility to create groups of modifications.
  • [FEATURE] It is now possible to link profiles with favorite/history gameservers.
  • [FEATURE] Changing the loadorder of modifications is now also possible with drag and drop.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Decreased memory usage.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Increased performance of the server browser.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Removed some unnecessary confirmation dialogs.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] System language is now set automatically on the first run, if available.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Some context sensitive as well as graphical parts of the UI were reworked.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] A dummy "addons"-directory is not necessary anymore to detect the OA beta patch.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Auto update initialisation is now a bit more tolerant in case the downloaded installer is being scanned by anti virus software or the like.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] When status notification is enabled the icons wont be reset anymore when Armarize is not in the foreground and the status of a server has changed.
  • [bUGFIX] Rare crash when refreshing the browser.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when the game could not be started.
  • [bUGFIX] Performance hits caused by redundant data aggregation.
  • [bUGFIX] Random crashes due to incorrect parallelisation logics.
  • [bUGFIX] Synchronisation with the modifications running on a gameserver is working again.
  • [bUGFIX] Fixed that modifications were sometimes installed at an incorrect location or listed multiple times.

Best, cleanest, simplest, most reliable utility of it's kind! Great tool.

The ArmA3 alpha is finally out and one third of the community curses BI for how we open our "g"ear by default, another third thinks the splash screen should state that its "madness" when they look at the bug tracker and the remaining third happily plays the game. While I am part of the remaining one I have adjusted Armarize besides so that it supports ArmA3 natively.

But there are also some bugfixes and improvements included in this update because not everything worked well after the update to v1.4. Especially the synchronisation should run much smoother as its a bit more obstinate in case a mirror does not answer right away.

• [FEATURE] Added native support for ArmA3.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when connecting to a server via manual mod selection where mods are running which are broken on the client side.
  • [bUGFIX] The Operation Arrowhead beta patch will not be marked as broken anymore after an update or repair.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when starting a synchronisation while Armarize is running without administrator rights.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when trying to delete a profile within the server browser while no profile exists.
  • [bUGFIX] Searching for a player aborted a running browser refresh.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Added possibility to change the loadorder with drag and drop when connecting to a server via manual mod selection.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] When the network utilisation is set to "Next to nothing" it is now possible to abort a running browser refresh.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] The synchronisation is now a bit more tolerant in case the mirrors are overloaded where it tries to connect to.

I am having a problem with Armarize where everytime, I try to synchronize anything it give me "No live or Proper Mirror Found" error.

Which modifications are you trying to synchronize?

Is rsync allowed to access the internet? (Are your firewall settings correct?)

Please also attach your logfile. (Located under: %appdata%\Armarize\logs\errors.log)

Hey, I've just DLed your app and I'm using it to get all updated with the ACE package so I can do the Comrades in Arms Friday Night specials.

When I noticed that the Addon list was _really_ long and included lots of stuff I didn't have installed but which was 'out there' available to DL I was in love with your app right there! And such a simple and clear UI!

I've been delaying on DLing a lot of various stuff simply because of all the clicks and copies and pasties and typies involved, but seeing that Armarize would grab a lot of stuff for me, I said "Hell yeah!" and told it to not only update the stuff required for CIA Friday Coops but a few other things that I didn't have at all! Very nice feature :)

Been chugging away for a good hour or so, but seems to be progressing just fine.

Question:

1. I did not see "CAA" (which is in the CIA Friday requireds) in the list of Addons to synchronize. However, it is available to DL from Armaholic of course. What is the pattern there? Did I just miss it in the list or does Armarize only populate the Addon list with certain ones?

2. It is probably right in front of my face, but uh . . . where is the "Launch Game" button? I'm guessing this serves as a launcher right? So I can specify different permutations of mods to launch for different play sessions (SP; COOP; DayZ, etc.)?

Edited by Anthropoid

Glad to hear that you like it! :)

The list of modifications, which are available to download, comes initially from the Six-Updater network. This network does not provide "any" modification for the ArmA series, as this is not manageable (I suppose :D) and a modification must be added by request (by developers[/users]) to be listed in Armarize/Six-Updater/PlayWithSix.

Well, the button to launch the game is the big one in the bottom right corner of the server browser. ;) (Which game and modifications are launched can be set by using a specific profile which can be created by using the widget above the launch-button or within configuration->profiles)

Some of the changes from today's update are already known for those who upgraded to v1.4.1.1 but I have added some more improvements and bugfixes since then. Especially the dependency as well as compatibility handling for modifications has been greatly improved. This update is also the second one which drops a feature that was added with v1.3: The contact list. This is because it experienced too little usage in the last few months and I do not think that I will increase its set of features some day, so it's probably not a great loss anyway.

• [FEATURE] It is now possible to filter gameservers based on their location.
  • [bUGFIX] Filtering based on "similar" versions works now for ArmA3.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when less than four rsync mirrors are detected as available/reachable.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when removing a modification directory after a package directory has just been added.
  • [bUGFIX] If ArmA2 or ArmA2OA is not installed Armarize requests the installation directory only once.
  • [bUGFIX] When switching between profiles in the serverbrowser the server list will not be filtered multiple times anymore.
  • [CHANGE] Disabled contact list.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Improved compatibility and dependency handling.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] The serverbrowser considers now the reqBuild gameserver information.

Is there any way to set an alternative rsync path with Amarize?

I've been using PwS and have set the rsync path to a different drive to the one ArmA is installed on but Amarize can't see that so is creating the rsync packs in the mod folders in the ArmA folder which I don't want to do for space reasons and also it would be good if it could recognise the existing rsync packs and not have to create them again.

Sure. Go to the "Settings" section of the "Configuration" and right click on the directory (right handed listing) where the modifications are currently installed and select "Change package directory".

Whether this causes the packages to be regenerated/downloaded or not depends on the directory structure PWS is using for splitted packages. Armarize expects something like this:

> Selected destination

>> Modfolder

>>> .pack

>>>> addons

>>>> keys

>>>> ...

NOTE: Armarize will automatically relocate your packages located in the ArmA installation directory, if any.

Sure. Go to the "Settings" section of the "Configuration" and right click on the directory (right handed listing) where the modifications are currently installed and select "Change package directory".

Whether this causes the packages to be regenerated/downloaded or not depends on the directory structure PWS is using for splitted packages. Armarize expects something like this:

> Selected destination

>> Modfolder

>>> .pack

>>>> addons

>>>> keys

>>>> ...

NOTE: Armarize will automatically relocate your packages located in the ArmA installation directory, if any.

Coo, thanks I totally didn't see that ;)

Today's update adjusts Armarize to be fully compatible with the ArmA3 Beta and adds features/improvements regarding usability besides some obligatory bugfixes. The changelog actually speaks for itself but please note that when using the UAC-less executable you will likely notice "less" smoothness when using Armarize, so use it only if you have a specific reason to do so.

You might also notice the little button in the upper right corner of the profile management which was not there until now. That is the compatibility-based filter functionality which can be enabled/disabled for each profile. Once enabled this filter is linked to the "Default game to start"-setting and displays only those modifications which are compatible with this game or which do not originate from the network.

• [FEATURE] Added UAC-less executable. (Does not need administrator rights.)
  • [FEATURE] Added compatibility-based filter functionality to the listing where the modifications to load can be selected.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Added search functionality to the synchronisation wizard.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Highly improved search functionality. (Better highlightning and more than one column is scanned.)
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when starting the synchronisation and no update information is available.
  • [bUGFIX] Starting the game by using a custom executable without connecting to a gameserver does not work.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when the beta-patch for ArmA2 OA is not installed and a modification where it represents a dependency is going to be launched.

What has been requested the first time two days after the initial release, the last time nine months ago and announced six months ago is finally there... Custom rsync repositories! Well, the trained eye realises immediately that this is not the full truth as zsync is still not supported, but the groundwork has now (finally) been done. Another feature that is waiting on the way to the final version are server presets, which will also make custom repositories a bit more straightforward for users than they are right now. (Please refer to the FAQ for more information.)

The feature that made this actually possible are the advanced configuration options. This enables users to customise Armarize in such a way that it can even act fully autonomously. (Do not worry, that does not mean that I will stop developing/maintaining Armarize in the near future.) Most of those options are uninteresting for the normal user but since it is now possible to edit the details of every single modification someone might cause Armarize to handle specific modifications a bit different. Due to the import/export functionality users can even share their configuration with others!

Continuing with a feature that improves the flexibility of Armarize it is now possible to make it behave as a portable application. Just create a directory named "settings" in its installation path and move any already existing content of its appdata-path in this directory. Advanced configuration options should behave the same way (by creating a "config" directory) but that is currently not working as I just discovered the first bug of this version... There's more to come, yeeeha!

• [FEATURE] Advanced configuration options. (This includes custom repository support!)
  • [FEATURE] Added location-based filter which will be applied additionally to the compatibility-based filter.
  • [FEATURE] Listings can now be sorted based on two columns at once. (The very last column used to sort the listing's content acts as alternate key.)
  • [FEATURE] It is now possible to make Armarize behave as a portable application by (manually) creating a "settings" directory in its root path.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] When using the manual mod selection before joining a multiplayer gameserver it is now also possible to select modification groups.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Some browser filters are now already applied at server side in case network utilisation is set to "Next to nothing".
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Filtering servers based on a specific game causes Armarize to only refresh exactly such servers.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] If a modification has no license the user will not be demanded anymore to wait ten seconds when installing it.
  • [bUGFIX] Using the profile dialog of the serverbrowser to change which modifications are loaded on game launch did not have any effect in some circumstances.
  • [bUGFIX] Using the "Activate dependencies" functionality might lead to a crash if the compatibility filter is enabled.
  • [bUGFIX] Some modifications for ArmA2 Standalone or CombinedOps were not handled correctly by the compatibility filter.
  • [CHANGE] Armarize now enforces a valid installation directory to be selected for a game that should be handled.
  • [CHANGE] The dialog to manually select modifications before joining a multiplayer gameserver now also pops up if no modifications are enabled in the active profile or on the server.
  • [CHANGE] Installing key files is no longer possible.

zsync. A subject that I've avoided with respect to the SixUpdater/PwS during the last two and a half years, but since only one or two official rsync mirrors are left I thought it's time to take this step. This update now introduces the zsync functionality which will enable all Armarize users to access the entire SixUpdater-Network again. But this does not only have positive effects (though this depends on the point of view) as it was necessary to switch the file analysis method, that is necessary to keep modifications in sync with their packages, to one that is significantly slower but more reliable.

Internationalisation is now also nearly complete again, big thanks to Stephnet and zickey at this point! The possibility to make Armarize behave as a portable application is also part of the installer from now on, besides a few additional well-known functionalities. Lastly, custom synchronisation networks are more flexible now as they are able to fully replace modifications from the official network.

• [FEATURE] Added support for zsync repositories.
  • [bUGFIX] Configuration files are not correctly loaded when in portable mode.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when activating a server in the browser after uninstalling a non-network modification.
  • [bUGFIX] ArmA3 multiplayer servers cannot be joined due to false positives when validating gameversion equality.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Updated translations.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Portable mode needs to be confirmed by the user now.
  • [CHANGE] The package property "rsync_path" now behaves as stated in the readme file.
  • [CHANGE] A modification from a non-official network can now replace one from the official network.
  • [CHANGE] Modification files are now analyzed based on their md5 checksum instead of their last modification time.

Hallo Nilmerg,

erst einmal danke für das großartige Tool. Die Bedienung ist Kinderleicht und intuitiv zu bedienen. Dennoch habe ich ein kleines "Problem" :confused:

Wenn ich ARMA III über den Serverbrowser starten will, erscheint öfter die Meldung: "Das Spiel läuft bereits". Was mache ich falsch :confused:

Besten Dank.

Gruß

Mendez

Hallo,

Schön zu hören :)

Zu deiner Frage: Armarize lässt es nicht zu, ein Spiel mehrfach parallel zu starten. Wenn es wieder auftritt, sieh mal im TaskManager (bzw. in der Task-Leiste ;) ) nach, ob das Spiel noch läuft und beende es ggf.

Falls es noch läuft, obwohl du das Spiel eigentlich auf normalem Weg beendet hast, solltest du vielleicht in Erwägung ziehen das Problem genauer unter die Lupe zu nehmen!

Bitte antworte in Englisch oder stelle weitere Fragen auf meiner Webseite im deutschen Bereich. Hier wird i.d.R. nur Englisch geschrieben, siehe Foren-Regeln. :)

----

Hello.

Glad to hear :)

As to your question: Armarize prevents you from starting a game multiple times in parallel. The next time it occurs, take a look at the TaskManager (or the TaskBar ;) ) whether the game is still running and stop it if desired.

If it keeps running while you did stop it regularly you should consider to take a deeper look at it as the problem might be located elsewhere.

Please respond in English or keep asking questions in German by using my website. These forums require you to write in English, as stated in the forum rules. :)

I just loaded up Armarize. Everything seems to work GREAT, except when I try to get into the server I play on most of the time. It starts up fine, I put in the server password when asked...then I get "Can not join session. Wrong Password was given". I get out and load the game without Armarize, put in the same password and I get in, so I don't know what the issue is.

I'm using Window 7 64bit

ArmA 3 (Steam version) :j:

Our group is new to Arma. I want to suggest that our members all use this program...but I have to find the solution to this one issue.

The server hostname is 509th Tactical 509th.net 173.208.82.226:2302

I'll send you the password in a PM if you need it to figure this issue out.

Thanks for any assistance. Apologies if this has been addressed before, but I can't find it.

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

I just loaded up Armarize. Everything seems to work GREAT, except when I try to get into the server I play on most of the time. It starts up fine, I put in the server password when asked...then I get "Can not join session. Wrong Password was given". I get out and load the game without Armarize, put in the same password and I get in, so I don't know what the issue is.

I'm using Window 7 64bit

ArmA 3 (Steam version) :j:

Our group is new to Arma. I want to suggest that our members all use this program...but I have to find the solution to this one issue.

The server hostname is 509th Tactical 509th.net 173.208.82.226:2302

I'll send you the password in a PM if you need it to figure this issue out.

Seems to be rather an issue of Armarize than one from the game, which I had initially under suspicion. Well, in case your password had any special characters (anything else than a-Z and 0-9) try a password with standard characters only. Might be worth a try for the meantime. :)

I figured it out...and it was just me being stupid. :o The right click drop down menue works peachy. The other way in, works fine too. Just needed to locate the proper numbers. The password was and is fine. All is good with the world and this awesome program. Thanks for all your hard work.

Armarize gets a "Update Information retrieval has failed" error every time and can't seem to connect to the update servers.