Sign in to follow this  
Nilmerg

Armarize, yet another utility for ArmA2

Oh well... until today I was not able to reproduce this behavior and I had not the foggiest notion what could be the reason for it, but I have ArmA2 not installed within the "Program Files"-Folder on the system drive... and that's the clue. Yes, probably the most obvious one. :banghead:

Let's see, when I have found a solution for it... :plain:

Another annoying bug is fixed, finally! Everyone who has installed modifications on the windows system drive or any other permission protected location can do this now without further trouble. But before you try to update some of these mods, please let Armarize repair them because only then the synchronisation is able to do its work properly and all wrong permissions set by versions of Armarize before 1.1.1.2 will be reset.

I apologize for the trouble this bug has caused.

Changelog:

• [bUGFIX] The ".rsync" directory and all of its contents of a newly installed modification will inherit the permissions of the chosen install location now.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when the game has been started during a browser refresh and an external application could not be started.
  • [bUGFIX] A click on the text "Run game as admin." within the settings did not changed the checkbox.
  • [bUGFIX] Skipping of mods which were installed by Armarize but deleted externally.

If you have already installed Armarize, just start it. Otherwise:

As already suggested, after nearly two months the next major update v1.2 is finished. The list of changes is long and therefore I'll give you a short overview over the most important things. Armarize now supports the launch of the game with Steam and modifications stored in subdirectories within the game installation directory are now properly loaded, this includes the ArmA2OA beta patch. In addition, the speed of the synchronisation has been significantly increased and the support for differently structured mod-archives was improved equally. But the probably greatest new feature are the new icons within the serverbrowser, which will indicate the odds to successfully join a server. This picture will illustrate you this functionality.

Changelog:

• [bUGFIX] Modifications stored in a subdirectory of the game installation directory, including the ArmA2OA beta patch, were not loaded correctly.
  • [bUGFIX] Various logical bugs fixed, especially when updating the GUI.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when one of the key directories was detected as mod and the keys from this "mod" should be installed. (Hopefully..? Finally..?)
  • [bUGFIX] When the directory of a modification has been opened in the Windows explorer the mod could not be deleted.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when the ArmA2OA path does not exist anymore and could not be queried from the windows registry.
  • [bUGFIX] The deletion of the last profile was not detected and so this change could not be saved when closing Armarize directly from within the profile management.
  • [CHANGE] Armarize will not store the set language in its installation directory anymore.
  • [CHANGE] Disabled the automatic resizing of the last column within the serverbrowser.
  • [CHANGE] Removed the column "Convertable" from the modification management.
  • [CHANGE] The favorites and server history are now...
    • saved in the settings, independent from the selected profile.
    • displayed in their own list above the main browser list.
    • refreshed "anytime" you open the browser. (Still changeable within the settings.)

[*][CHANGE] Disabled the Six-Updater compatibility functions.

[*][CHANGE] It is now possible again to abort the download of a new update even when it has been forced.

[*][FEATURE] The date and time of the last server join are now registered and displayed.

[*][FEATURE] Armarize displays an icon in front of every server in the list which will indicate the odds to be able to join it.

[*][FEATURE] It is now possible to copy and rename a modification. (Note: Only non network mods can be renamed.)

[*][FEATURE] It is now possible to open the synchronisation wizard within the modification management.

[*][FEATURE] It is now possible to start the game with Steam if it has been purchased there.

[*][FEATURE] It is now possible to change the location where packaged files from a network mod are stored.

[*][FEATURE] It is now possible to delay the launch of the game after all external applications were started.

[*][FEATURE] It is now possible to set the process priority with which an external application and the game will be started.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] Armarize has not to be restarted anymore when changing the language.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] Highly increased usability of the synchronisation wizard.

• clarifying words on the first page about what can be done with the synchronisation.
    • Three new buttons (Select installed, Select outdated, Deselect all) and a new column with the modification types.
    • New choice box to select one install location for all new modifications at once.
    • Short summary at the end of the wizard where the total amount of modifications to be synchronized and the expected size to be downloaded are displayed.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] When moving, copying and repairing modifications the progress bar actually displays the progress now.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] New column "State" in the modification management and changed color highlightning depending on the respective state.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] The color highlightning within the serverbrowser represents the same colors as in the modification management now.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] When aborting a move operation within the modification management, it is now possible to move back all files of the last handled modification to its previous location.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] When the game should be stopped a confirmation dialog will be displayed now.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] Armarize is now able to stop the game after it has detected that it is already running.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] Completely reworked code of the archive installation.

• It can handle more kinds of directory structures within an archive now.
    • When selecting the mods to install the required disk space will be displayed.
    • Short summary at the end of the wizard where to total amount of modifications to be installed, the total required disk space, the install location and the name of the archive are displayed.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] When one or more modifications were not successfully synchronized a note at the end of the synchronisation will be displayed now.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] The amount of concurrent rsync processes has now been limited to 10. This increases the reliability of the version checks when synchronizing many mods in a row.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] Generally increased reliability of the version checking during the synchronisation.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] Reworked code for the synchronisation a little bit to increase its performance and decrease its cpu load.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] When changing the screen resolution of the game with Armarize, the render resolution will also be set to 100%.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] The list of standard resolutions within the profile management is now based on the ones supported by the primary display.

Something we at AGE (AdultGamersElite) have noticed is that all of our servers do not show up now. Many of us appreciating the uniqueness of your toold have used it extensively. However, with your latest update we can not fine via filter or no filter all three of our servers. WE have two public servers up at this time (one dom and one Indurgency) Neither of these show up now. Our Private surver running Insurgency does show up.

I've tried various combinations and even creating a New profile. No changes. Any ideas here?

Some of you may noticed that since friday, after the release of update v1.2 (...), less gameservers were displayed in the browser. Due to a global serverside change not all gameservers replied to the requests sent by Armarize. This is fixed now, including a crash which users of Windows XP have got on initialization. (Already fixed yesterday with a, for my standards, really "hot"fix.)

Changelog:

• [bUGFIX] Crash on initialization when querying the supported screen resolutions on Windows XP.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when the gameserver lists should be filtered based on the servername after joining a server from the lower list.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Added support for the Gamespy protocol v3 which has been recently activated for the ArmA2 series. (Now you should get as many gameservers as before.)

PS: Thanks PvPscene for pointing me to this thread!

This time nearly all changes affect the serverbrowser or the launch of the game and that should be the case for the next updates, because there are many things which need some rework. But be warned that the next updates may come less often than the last ones, because I will not have the time to work on Armarize as frequently as before.

Changelog:

• [bUGFIX] The server favorites and history are now displayed even when the automatic refresh of them has been disabled.
  • [CHANGE] The menu option "Connect without mod detection" has been replaced with "Connect with manual mod selection".
  • [FEATURE] New filter option "Server type" to hide or explicitly show non dedicated gameservers.
  • [FEATURE] It is now possible to "freeze" modifications, which means that they can not be updated anymore.
  • [FEATURE] It is now possible to activate all missing dependencies when selecting the mods to be started on game launch.
  • [FEATURE] When closing Armarize after refreshing the browser the server information will be cached for 30 minutes now.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] When starting the game, the user gets notified about missing dependencies now.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] When filtering gameservers based on the active map, the detection of custom maps has been improved.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] When selecting a modification to be started, it will automatically arranged based on the known dependencies.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] When joining a gameserver with mod detection the load order will be rearranged based on the known dependencies.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] When an error from Windows occurs while starting the game the error message will be displayed in the dialog box now.

That's the last (large) update for a couple of month from now on. But I've integrated some important things, especially for the browser as mentioned last time, so Armarize should run smoothly and should provide enough functionality to be useful in nearly every area where it wants to be useful. :D And I'm very happy about the fact, that Armarize has been translated into another language. All french users can give their thanks to Stephnet from PingZero! :)

Changelog:

• [FEATURE] French has been added as new language.
  • [FEATURE] It is now possible to filter specific player names within the player list.
  • [FEATURE] It is now possible to refresh the favourites and the server history automatically in a specified interval.
  • [FEATURE] It is now possible to synchronize with the modifications running on a gameserver, as long as they exists on the Six-Rsync-Network.
  • [FEATURE] New notification system with which it is possible to play a sound when the state of one or more gameservers has changed. (The following states can be monitored: Mission change, Map change, Status change, Free slots change, Difficulty change, Gametype change and Protection change)
  • [FEATURE] Improved Servername and mission filtering:
    • Every single word will be used as OR condition. (foo bar => every server with "foo" or "bar" will be displayed.)
    • When enclosing two or more words in quotation marks, their exact combination is used. ("foo bar" => every server with "foo bar" will be displayed.)
    • When putting a minus sign in front of a word or combination any found occurrence will be hidden. (-foobar -"foo bar" => every server with "foobar" or "foo bar" will be hidden.)

[*][CHANGE] The browser refresh will not be aborted anymore when starting the game.

[*][CHANGE] The sort order of the player list will not be reset anymore when refreshing the list.

[*][CHANGE] Freezing a modification is not possible anymore when a mod operation is currently running.

[*][bUGFIX] Some bugs with the profile management were fixed.

[*][bUGFIX] Crash on game exit after trying to start the game once more.

[*][bUGFIX] When the option to start the game as administrator on windows vista or higher has been changed through a click on the text beside it, the game profiles were not reloaded.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] It is now possible to abort the browser refresh.

[*][iMPROVEMENT] A little more moderate memory usage.

I think I have to correct myself again... I've had more time/motivation than I thought and so this update took only a couple of weeks, not month. However, this update focuses once again on the server browser and increases its usefulness more and more. Additionally two of my planned key features are now integrated, finally. You can now create mod archives and filter based on the player names (Buddy list light!). And Armarize has been translated one more time into one of my must have languages, Russian. Thanks to zickey & Mikezar! (zickey05 at gmail dot com)

• [FEATURE] Russian has been added as new language.
  • [FEATURE] It is now possible to filter based on the names and squads of the players on a gameserver.
  • [FEATURE] It is now possible to archive modifications. That means that you can compress modifications and reinstall them at a later time. (i.e. with Armarize)
  • [CHANGE] When the game has been started the automatic refresh of favourites and the server history will not be permanently prevented anymore, it will only be prevented when Armarize has been minimized.
  • [CHANGE] The last selected profile is now saved across sessions as well.
  • [CHANGE] When using more than one word as servername or mission filter all of them must exist instead of only one.
  • [CHANGE] Reworked mod filter so it is now possible to enter mod names by yourself and the syntax is like the one from the servername and mission filter.
  • [bUGFIX] Rare crash when updating the version cache after the synchronsation has finished.
  • [bUGFIX] Rare crash when refreshing the browser.
  • [bUGFIX] The password setting of ArmA2 (not Arrowhead) gameservers was incorrectly identified, so locked servers were displayed as password protected and vice versa.
  • [bUGFIX] When double clicking on a gameserver it is no more possible to start Arrowhead when ArmA2 is already running.
  • [bUGFIX] Duplicate history entry when using the "Connect"-Button.
  • [bUGFIX] Rare crash on initialization when retrieving information about the ping protocol. (Note that the error itself is not fixed, only ignored!)
  • [bUGFIX] Filter settings and deleted or added favourites were not saved when leaving the browser through the "Synchronize with server modifications" menu option.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when displaying the context menu of the external applications within the profile management more than once.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] New buttons within the dialog to (de)select the server mods when using the manual mod selection.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] The sort order of the serverbrowser will not be reset anymore after it has been automatically refreshed.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] A few more gameservers are registered now, due to an increased fault tolerance of the gamespy query code.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] It is now possible to deactivate the game server history.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Improved non-ascii (i.e. cyrillic) character handling when installing modarchives.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] A selected gameserver will not be deselected anymore when the automatic refresh has been processed.

which version of the addon shows the program?

http://imagepost.ru/images/s/cr/screenshot_15h_12m_25s.jpg

+

program install me addons for Arma 2 CO, I have only Arma 2

Edited by VVL99

which version of the addon shows the program?

Hi,

Armarize gets all information about the available modifications from the same network as the Six-Updater, so I suppose your version of CBA is the very latest. :) (And the same as mine and the one from within the Six-Updater.) The displayed value of the version is not actually the one which is displayed on Armaholic.com for example (like 0.7.10pre1), it is the revision, the internal version control number from the mod team or from the network under which the mod has been registered.

program install me addons for Arma 2 CO, I have only Arma 2

Did you have installed Arrowhead before? Armarize checks the type of game edition based on the Windows registry entries and the existence of the physical directory which is entered in the registry. So if Armarize does not mark modifications as incompatible when it should, you may have a directory somewhere that is recognized as the one from Arrowhead or ArmA2, respectively. (Or even a registry entry from Arrowhead that points to the same directory as the one from ArmA2, in your case.)

This time it is only a bugfix-release but unfortunately not for every reported bug. Some of them are a bit difficult to reproduce so I hope the additions to the error reports will make this easier in the future. I did also some improvements to the configuration functionality for modifications, maybe I will create some more instructions now...

NOTE: Due to a bug within the automatic update system the update will not start automatically. Armarize crashes after the download has been finished and you have to locate the downloaded installer by yourself, then start it. (It is the standard installer which you would also download through the Armarize website.)

• [bUGFIX] Crash after an automatic update has been downloaded and was about to be started.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash after setting a package directory when the settings were saved lastly with an older version of Armarize.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when resetting a package directory immediately after it has been set, but not saved.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash after an automatic browser refresh when a server has been removed from the upper list.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when corrupted player information was received from a server.
  • [bUGFIX] After synchronizing with the modifications of a server the question whether the user wants to connect to that server was displayed multiple times.
  • [bUGFIX] When moving more than one modification the progress bar did not display the proper progress.
  • [bUGFIX] When moving more than one modification and a single mod was not successfully moved all following ones were not correctly updated.
  • [bUGFIX] After removing a mod directory externally which had a package directory associated with it, the package directory could not be associated anymore. (Remove the physical directory and restart Armarize if the problem persists.)
  • [CHANGE] Some more information will now be sent with an error report, including the latest user actions, to be able to reproduce crashes more easily.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] The installed game edition will now be recognized more reliable, even when a game has not been deinstalled properly.

Just two weeks and I have another bugfix-release for you, though I wrote within my description about Armarize that it is very stable and reliable. :icon18: Well, another reason for this update is that Sickboy has said I have to change something. :icon_twisted:

• [bUGFIX] Crash when refreshing the browser.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when starting the game with Steam.
  • [bUGFIX] Crash when closing the connect dialog without entering a port.
  • [bUGFIX] The option and its tooltip to start the game with steam was not translated.
  • [bUGFIX] Skipping of mods which were installed by Armarize but deleted externally.
  • [CHANGE] Added support for license agreements to be displayed when installing modifications.
  • [CHANGE] Added support for incremental changes when processing self updates.

Thanks for great tool!

suggestion:

- portable version (the configs save to relative directory)

- in menu of serverbrowser add something like "Run with profile"

bug?:

- i have latest beta ArmA2OA but Armarize told me "Outdated"

Thanks for great tool!
:bounce3:
- portable version (the configs save to relative directory)

Noted, but I can not promise that this will be integrated in the near future, because that belongs to the "advanced settings" and these are on my todo list since a few weeks/months. ;)

- in menu of serverbrowser add something like "Run with profile"

You know that you can select your desired profile and then click on "Start"? (The big button in the bottom right corner :p ) Additionally if you mean the game profile, you can select that within each Armarize profile.

bug?:

- i have latest beta ArmA2OA but Armarize told me "Outdated"

Yep, will be fixed with the next version.

Well, yes, but I am currently a little bit busy because I am moving to another town soon. I may release the update in the last two weeks of march. But here some infos in advance: :)

• [FEATURE] When installing new modifications the available disk space will be checked.
  • [FEATURE] New dialog added, which can be accessed through the context menu of the modification management, to display information about a specific modification.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] The new -beta parameter will be used now.

Plus a little surprise, but this is still highly wip so I do not know if it will really be available with the next update. (Which will then be 1.3 :D) That is also the reason why I did not released the update already.

Why need choose profile when i update mods?

suggestion: If it possible to update servers list on fly as it makes a game. At now servers list is showing when all loaded.

When synchronizing modifications through the wizard, your selection is stored within the profile you selected. This selection will be loaded the next time you start the wizard with the same profile. You can also predefine or change this selection without synchronizing, that is what the bottom right listing within the profile management is for. If you do not want this functionality then you can use the bottom right button within the wizard to reset the selection of modifications to synchronize.

Your suggestion reminds me that this is something what I wanted to change once I reworked the method how the server list is being refreshed and that is something I did already... so let us see if I can make this happen with the upcoming update. :)

As I started the development of Armarize one and a half year ago it was just a way to train my skills in software programming and once I released the first public version I did not expect that I may release the third major update exactly one year and a week later. So now, today, I am still here, working on Armarize, adding new functionalities, fixing bugs or improving something else and it does not seem so that I will stop doing this in the near future.

Especially when I am looking at some interesting numbers: Since the release of version 1.0, Armarize has been used 45649 times with an average of 123 per day. This certainly includes the restarts when Armarize crashed, but based on the number of error reports I have received, a little over 400, I suppose that this does not make a big difference. (The gathered information to create those numbers is only used for... who would have thought it... creating those numbers, of course.)

But the title of this news is about a new update, isn't it? Well, it is, but I have to say something on this topic as well. Some of you, readers of the bistudio forums, may have already noticed that I announced a surprise that will come with this update. A buddy list. No, not this weird buddy list "light" that I integrated a few updates ago, but rather a real buddy list like the one you can find within Steam or XFire. The functionality of this feature is still in progress, but you can already add other users to your list and join on the same server they are playing on. And you can be sure that this feature will be extensively enhanced in the next weeks so be prepared!

• [FEATURE] Buddy list added to the server browser. This time a real one.
  • [FEATURE] When installing new modifications the available disk space will be checked.
  • [FEATURE] New dialog added, which can be accessed through the context menu of the modification management, to display information about a specific modification.
  • [CHANGE] Increased minimal window size from 800x600 to 1024x738.
  • [CHANGE] Removed caching of browser information across sessions.
  • [CHANGE] Removed player filter. (Decreases refresh duration by 30%.)
  • [CHANGE] The official mod version numbers and their respective authors were added to the modification management.
  • [CHANGE] The local and remote revision numbers as well as the dependencies were removed from the modification management.
  • [CHANGE] For ToH modifications there will be a proper game variant displayed now. (Note: That does not mean that ToH is supported, not yet.)
  • [bUGFIX] The beta patch for Arrowhead was displayed as outdated even when it was not.
  • [bUGFIX] Rare crash when starting the game with another process priority than the default one.
  • [bUGFIX] When naming a mod directory "ArmA 2" or "ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead" the entered name was forcibly changed so that it contained a suffix even if there was not a directory with the same name.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] The new -beta parameter will be used now.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Reworked status information during the synchronisation.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] Mod detection of the serverbrowser has been slightly improved.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] The display of a modifications local and download size has been reworked.
  • [iMPROVEMENT] New button below the directory list within the settings tab to provide a more obvious way to append a new directory...
  • [iMPROVEMENT] It is now possible to leave the synchronisation and installation of modifications so that they can proceed in the background.

And as always... if you have already installed Armarize, just start it. Otherwise:

big thanks

[CHANGE] Removed player filter. (Decreases refresh duration by 30%.)
:(

it would be great if it worked at least for favorite servers (because not all friends want to use armarize and create account at buddy list)

In game after use filter showed server in a wink without loading all list.

because not all friends want to use armarize and create account at buddy list

That's a good reason to show them how cool Armarize is... isn't it? Well, I may reintegrate the player filter, once you are not the only one who wants it. (Huh, another reason to show your friends...... :D)

In game after use filter showed server in a wink without loading all list.

If you mean the list of favorites, that's likely due to an overloaded or limited internet connection so the servers couldn't be reached entirely.

If you mean the list of favorites, that's likely due to an overloaded or limited internet connection so the servers couldn't be reached entirely.

I mean servers list. If i correctly understand the ArmA 2 showing up each server when get info about it (in multiplayer menu). In Armarize you collecting all info about all servers and then show this.

request: auto login

Edited by repeat

suggestion: If it possible to update servers list on fly as it makes a game. At now servers list is showing when all loaded.
I mean servers list. If i correctly understand the ArmA 2 showing up each server when get info about it (in multiplayer menu). In Armarize you collecting all info about all servers and then show this.

Ah..

Your suggestion reminds me that this is something what I wanted to change once I reworked the method how the server list is being refreshed and that is something I did already... so let us see if I can make this happen with the upcoming update. :)

..well, the thing is that this is more complicated than I thought at first. I do not know when I will take some of my time to rework this functionality.

But the auto login feature is a bit more easier to integrate! :)