Sign in to follow this  
igneous01

Team Shadow - Sniper Campaign

1. I will look into that, does this only occur on red october?

Thanks for the reply!

The above issue happened to me in all missions so far, when the spotter is my teammate. In Red October mission, at the start I'm still alone, so until I hookup with him - It's OK.

Cheers!

i don't like the first training mission, it's too tough :)

i'll give it another go..

Really Nice Campaign.

Skalisty Island was a real hard mission because of the well hidden Snipers.

The one at the Lighthouse, and the one on the coast were relatively easy to spot, but the one on the Isalnd was really hard. I had to scan every meter of the island until I finally saw the barrel of his rifle sticking out from the bushes.

I´m currently at Guardian Angel, its a pretty tough mission too. There simply isn´t a really good Sniping Spot. Besides that I simply can´t locate the enemy snipers...

very very Difficult...

But I really like thisï¼Good to hear the name's TeamShadow ,Ah

m still at Guardian Angel, I think you need to rework this mission a little bit. I have managed to sneak up on the enemy snipers on the nothern hills. I have killed one Team consisting of An SVD Sniper and his AK armed spotter, and another on consisting of a KSVK and a SVD sniper. The Task is not completed, are there even more of those bastards? Now I´m in some serious Trouble, I need to get back into the Town but the enemy has flanked me. The bigger problem is that there are 3 Vodniks arriving on site, (two of them armed with that heavy machinegun thing) and killing just everything.

In Guardian Angel the snipers are more an optional objective here (Im not sure if i made reference to that in the mission) so its not absolutely neccessary to kill them, as long as you manage to hold out with your blufor allies eventually an evac chopper will arrive for the wounded (unfortunatly sometimes it will also crash) and the objective will be considered complete, afterwards you can return to extract and finish the mission.

I will be reworking some of the missions and adding some more in, however it will take some time to organize everything.

will post updates when close to complete

Hmm, this looks very interesting - as others asked before, would you mind making a version that's not dependent on ACE? (Vanilla game would be best.)

It's not really possible to snipe without scope adjustments, as had been said earlier.

Sorry to bother you with what may be a silly question, but I'm new to ACE and I don't get a few things:

I'm doing the final training mission to become a HOG, and I can't see the distance to the point I'm aiming at, neither using the weapon scope or with the binocular or the range finder. Is that normal?

Also when I fire a shot I immediately switch to my team mate without giving any command to the keyboard. Was it programmed?

Thank you!

Rangefinder: make sure that you have the battery in your inventory. Choose rangefinder and look through the Optics

Press R to activate it (if it doesn´t work immediately press agian R)

Press Left Mouse button to lase

Also when I fire a shot I immediately switch to my team mate without giving any command to the keyboard. Was it programmed?

Thank you!

it can be activate or switched of in the Radio menu 0-0

Works pretty fine, thank you!

Also do I got it wrong or you cannot adjust the weapon scope and have always to fire offtarget?

Some problems in Red October

SOFLAM has trouble turning on. Keep hitting R and it just flashes and doesn't turn on. Kept restarting and retrying the same thing. Got it to work once, not sure how. Even the Vector doesn't work.

Then, spotter only crawls.

After meeting with the spotter, he's constantly in crawl mode and I can't get him into AUTO stance mode with Copy my Stance.

I can tell him to stand, crouch, crawl, but he's unable to get into auto mode.

So had to restart again, finally get him into normal mode somehow, but then the SOFLAM is broken again.

I've been sitting at that field hospital for like an hour now, restarting and fidgeting with these issues.

I'm about to give up due to frustration.

It's too bad because this has been one of the best campaigns I've played so far.

BTW, I don't like the idea of having to deal with batteries. Realism should add to immersion, fun and add challenge. Batteries are just a nuisance. (Opinion about ACE obviously, not your missions)

Edited by wyskass

Works pretty fine, thank you!

Also do I got it wrong or you cannot adjust the weapon scope and have always to fire offtarget?

Sorry, I just did some mess with the keys. Now the scope adjustments work pretty fine!

...Anyway:

1-Of all the rifles available during the briefing only the VSS Vintorez, which is the most shitty one, enables the night vision when you aim. There's also the M110, but there's no ammo for it. How the hell am I supposed to hit a target at night or dusk if I can't see a thing?

2-There are other 5 or 6 rifles from the briefing that come with no ammo.

3-Can anybody please explain precisely how to use the Spotting Scope and the Kestrel, because there's no way to make them turning up, neither with the action menu, nor with other keys.

Thanks a lot and compliments for this amazing job. I really hope not to get stucked with some stupid issues, because it seems one of the best things I've ever played with.

Edited by paolo2015

Sorry, I just did some mess with the keys. Now the scope adjustments work pretty fine!

...Anyway:

1-Of all the rifles available during the briefing only the VSS Vintorez, which is the most shitty one, enables the night vision when you aim. There's also the M110, but there's no ammo for it. How the hell am I supposed to hit a target at night or dusk if I can't see a thing?

2-There are other 5 or 6 rifles from the briefing that come with no ammo.

3-Can anybody please explain precisely how to use the Spotting Scope and the Kestrel, because there's no way to make them turning up, neither with the action menu, nor with other keys.

Thanks a lot and compliments for this amazing job. I really hope not to get stucked with some stupid issues, because it seems one of the best things I've ever played with.

Which Mission are you talking about? Didn't have any problems myself with gun selection.

3. To use the spotting scope you have to switch to your spotter, and use the ACE keys to first deploy spotting scope, then "get in". It wasn't really critical to use it, but it is useful to see more details of your target area.

3. To use the spotting scope you have to switch to your spotter, and use the ACE keys to first deploy spotting scope, then "get in". It wasn't really critical to use it, but it is useful to see more details of your target area.

Ok, I managed to deploy the scope in front of the spotter and get in. But when I'm in I actually don't look through the scope and its lenses, but from it's side, so I really don't know where the scope is pointing at.

Then if I press again the ACE action key it says "get in" or "cancel". If I clic "get in" again it says "item already in use" or something like that.

I tried with the normal commands to zoom in, but nothing.

Any idea?

I made it... There was some conflict with some commands. Jeez, this ACE thing is really a nightmare sometimes.

One last thing: I'm on the 4th mission and I don't know how to mark the AA sites. I look at them through my rangefinder and nothing happens.

What should I do?

Thank you!

Hold right mouse button until your character reports them?

Yeah, it works. It's just that getting used to ACE takes a little time... :-)

Now I have almost every aspect under control. And the campaign is so f*****g brillant!

Only thing that annoys me at this time is what I think might be a bug:

I'm at Operation Owl and, after a while into the mission, when I'm prone and switch to the spotter, the sniper immediately goes crouch, thus raising the chances to get compromised. I tried disabling AI movement but it still happens.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thank you!

Edited by paolo2015

Yeah, it works. It's just that getting used to ACE takes a little time... :-)

Now I have almost every aspect under control. And the campaign is so f*****g brillant!

Only thing that annoys me at this time is what I think might be a bug:

I'm at Operation Owl and, after a while into the mission, when I'm prone and switch to the spotter, the sniper immediately goes crouch, thus raising the chances to get compromised. I tried disabling AI movement but it still happens.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thank you!

Anyone?

also:

and yes, i will add that to the radio menu, its annoying for me as well, makes me paranoid that the enemy is going to hear me shouting.

thanks for the reminder ^^

Have you fixed this? Because I'm in Red Oct. and the sniper yells like a mad all the time! I've checked the radio menu but I only got the options for movement/fire/spotting. Also tried repeating to the spotter the order to go stealth, but still nothing.

Thx!

It saddens me to see great efforts ruined by the requirements of such heavy mods. I'll add my vote for a non ACE build. Just inserting my two cents.

thanks for the responses guys, i have a feeling a new ace update may have messed up some missions, because it was working golden before.

Im still working on getting these missions up to date in the new ace version, as well as adding a few more missions in.

I will post updates when its completed.

It saddens me to see great efforts ruined by the requirements of such heavy mods. I'll add my vote for a non ACE build. Just inserting my two cents.

Define ruined? It boggles to mind to think that anyone who survived the sadistic whims of Arma mission editing with sanity intact could be stumped by the one-click SixUpdater, with a pack of mods that are all in the same place by the same development team. If you were referring to the size of ACEX, well, half of us downloaded all 8 gigs of the game anyway.

Sniping in vanilla is a joke. :) ACE adds so much to the game you'll hate yourself for not switching to it sooner.

I'm all for using addons, and the more the merrier, as long as they're put to good use. But ACE does not officially support SP, and thus carries with it a lot of bugs that break/hurt game play. It has gotten better over the years, but I'm still hesitant to fully integrate it into my own campaign.

Once I get back home from vacation, I'll be sure to check this out :yay: I do love me some sniper stalking ;)