Sign in to follow this  
igneous01

Team Shadow - Sniper Campaign

Would that work in Multiplayer when simply unpacked and put as single missions? I am asking because I would like to play with my friend, not edit half of the campaign before doing this :P

yes, some of these missions may work properly in coop, the missions that may not work are the 5th mission, and possibly the 7th mission. You can just unpack the missions, and move them into your missions folder and see if it works.

But let me know if some of them work ^^

If u can attach tothe briefing a weather forecast i think it will be cool.. =)

I am Skalistky Island,i founded one sniper in the right target area,but i can see him only with spotting scope+NVG,when i switch back to my sniper,i can't see sh*t trough the Tac-50's scope,maybe i wait the sunlight,any idea? :D

-Sry for my bad english..-

Excellent work Igneous01!! So far I have made it through every mission, up to "Red October", it seems to lock up on the main screen where it shows the back and continue buttons on the bottom. Anyone else having any trouble with this mission loading?

Excellent work Igneous01!! So far I have made it through every mission, up to "Red October", it seems to lock up on the main screen where it shows the back and continue buttons on the bottom. Anyone else having any trouble with this mission loading?

It might be that an addon is missing. I will do a quick test to see if it happens for me as well (the new patch might have caused something to happen)

Also, are you using the newest version of this campaign? (0.9)

I will report back and see if anything went wrong

---------- Post added at 06:14 ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 ----------

looks like the addon Buildings Editor edition 2 is not running for me, which is strange because i never downloaded that addon, and i thought that it works without the user needing it.

I will update the requirements to reflect this, and remove it in the next update. My bad on this one.

---------- Post added at 06:17 ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 ----------

here is the link to the addon:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6194

how do you guys use that spotting scope? i place it on the ground and then nothing, i just can't access it. menu only gives me the option to "pick up the spotting scope". apparently i should press num0 but it doesn't work neither. pressing the sec mouse just gives me the spotter's m16 scope. what's wrong here? is there anything else i should activate?

btw, the campaign looks very promising, great job indeed! keep adding more if you can.

If you maneuver just right you can enter the spotter's scope with the action menu. As with many other static weapons, this is a bloody pain in the ass.

So get used to using the ACE interaction menu for all these chores. It seems strange and byzantine at first, but it's a godsend.

yes its frustrating sometimes getting into statics with ace2, sometimes the interaction menu shows up, other times it doesnt, and you need to inch your mouse all over the place until it shows up.

and yes i will be trying to add more content. But im currently preoccupied with another mission and that ones much more difficult to play around with than this campaign ^^ however i will get some missions up soon.

yes its frustrating sometimes getting into statics with ace2, sometimes the interaction menu shows up, other times it doesnt, and you need to inch your mouse all over the place until it shows up.

ok, so spotter can actually access the scope. i managed to access it only with sniper since menu gave me the option "get in the spotting scope as a gunner":)

i started thinking that spotter only carries the scope:p

i'll try to inch him into a correct position.

and yes i will be trying to add more content. But im currently preoccupied with another mission and that ones much more difficult to play around with than this campaign ^^ however i will get some missions up soon.

great! i'm playing the Red October. it's just a brilliant idea, and very good performance too. really pumps the adrenalin and makes for a good feeling.

ok, i give up. need help in finding enemy snipers in the 6th mission. i'm on top of that comm tower and so far i've managed to locate only one sniper (near the lighthouse) and neutralize him. but there are two more and i just can't find them. could you guys guide me on this? where the hell are they?

This was a really enjoyable campaign up to Guardian Angel, which I found essentially unplayable due to the crappy frame rate you always get in heavily forested areas. That's not really the mission makers fault.

However, it does't help that there doesn't appear to be any good shooting spots, which means you end up engaging hostile infantry at iron sight range, which means you are at a significant disadvantage as you have a slow firing rifle.

However, Invisible Man is even worse, as every time I've attempted it the mission says that the target has escaped after about 10 minutes even though the mission briefing says you have 45 mins to reach the target area. Maybe the timer is wrong as I'm confident I wasn't spotted.

Mystery man though is truly great; I don't know how random it is, but I had a lot of fun stalking the informant and then hunting down the 2 arms dealers including running over one with his own armoured SUV :)

A great finish, to what on balance is a very good, original and realistic campaign.

Edited by lizardgun

This was a really enjoyable campaign up to Guardian Angel, which I found essentially unplayable due to the crappy frame rate you always get in heavily forested areas. That's not really the mission makers fault.

However, it does't help that there doesn't appear to be any good shooting spots, which means you end up engaging hostile infantry at iron sight range, which means you are at a significant disadvantage as you have a slow firing rifle.

However, Invisible Man is even worse, as every time I've attempted it the mission says that the target has escaped after about 10 minutes even though the mission briefing says you have 45 mins to reach the target area. Maybe the timer is wrong as I'm confident I wasn't spotted.

Mystery man though is truly great; I don't know how random it is, but I had a lot of fun stalking the informant and then hunting down the 2 arms dealers including running over one with his own armoured SUV :)

A great finish, to what on balance is a very good, original and realistic campaign.

thanks for pointing out those issues, i was beginning to think the last few missions were too perfect.

I will take a look at invisible man again because i remember the timer being set to 45 mins, perhaps i may have accidentally screwed something up.

and you have pointed out something that truly frustrates me with chernarus, the fact that there are NO GOOD SHOOTING POSITIONS anywhere near forested areas, especially around isolated villages.

thanks for the feedback, i will add that to my list of things to improve ^^

Updated campaign, mainly to fix the problem with Invisible Man, and a few other tweaks.

First post updated

Glad that the Invisible Main has been updated, as I just ran into that problem.

But are you sure you want to make us run that far, especially if the woods are really empty?

How about a boat insertion in the bay? The shorter distance would enable you to estimate that travel time more accurately and thus have the target arrive sooner, with less waiting at the shooting position.

idk :D the woods seem empty, but really, there a very dangerous place. I saw bigfoot two times in those forests - he must be hiding somewhere

Ok something is wrong with your campaign file.I have both winzip and power archiver.I have downloaded your file from both Armaholic and mediafire.No matter what when I try to extract the campaign file it wont open.It has errors.You must of uploaded a faulty file because it isn't on my end.:confused:

i can open it just fine, i think the problem here lies with the winzip and power archiver not being able to open 7z files.

I use winrar, but there are free 7z zip software that lets it extract it

I tried both links on this page and the ones on armaholic, i can open and extract each one of them.

I will add another link that is a rar file, hopefully that will solve it

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

http://www.mediafire.com/?8ab8b1lpei95onr

Ah well, looks like sniping is not for me. Just tried for 2 hours to get 300 points in the training and could not manage it! Best I got was 290. Looks like a nice campaign though.

Ah well, looks like sniping is not for me. Just tried for 2 hours to get 300 points in the training and could not manage it! Best I got was 290. Looks like a nice campaign though.

You should try again after disabling windage in ACE settings. That makes marksmanship even easier than it is in vanilla, what with the precise range adjustments. The campaign has plenty of tense, atmospheric that you don't want to miss.

Thank you for inspiring me to learn how to snipe,

Your campaign made me seriously study and really enjoy the sniper role for the first time!!! :)

Currently I'm during the "Red October" mission, Ver 0.92, latest Stable ACE 1.10, with KH_OA_ACE Addon pack (used on the "kelly's heroes" Clan server)

Now I've Stumbled upon upon some issues here:

1. whenever I fire when I'm sniper - I immediately and automatically switch to spotter position, on every shot using rifle or hand gun... I have to manually switch back to sniper which I assume is not meant to be played that way. spotting mode was off.

2. On the Hog mission, I really have to get close to the AA sites to make them recognized. I can spot them from ~500m or more, but I had to get as close as 200m the the northern AA site and uselessly risk my self just "find" it again at 200m...

I spot them as a "Tank" though you can see it's a Tunguska at 500m out or father. seems like trees or bushes partially obscure the games ID logic or something...

maybe you can "actively" ID them somehow??

3. I've tried to range stuff with the "range me" action and it replies 5123 m... or so sometimes, I guess it is related to the above issue when bushes partially obscure an object.

4. The radio commands Spotting mode ON and Disable AI movement seems to do them same thing - the spotter just freezes in his place. what is the difference? why would I need the spotter scope for? is it just for the spotters use? I can do well with the Rangefinder Bino...

5. I can take in my gear only 1 item like earplugs or kestrel (and another stuff I cant remember now) and it shows in my gear as 2 items, i.e. I take 1 Kestrel and it show I have 2 kestrel's, and it would replace the earplugs I have taken before which also shows as 2 items even though I took only 1.

Maybe it's an ACE related issue, but when I played online with the same mod I have no such issue.

Thanks again for a wonderful immersive campaign!!

Cheers!

Ron

Edited by ron533

2. On the Hog mission, I really have to get close to the AA sites to make them recognized. I can spot them from ~500m or more, but I had to get as close as 200m the the northern AA site and uselessly risk my self just "find" it again at 200m...

I was able to spot them from any range, although it took some times staring at them with my best optics. I do have Zeus AI, though, which extends detection ranges.

3. I've tried to range stuff with the "range me" action and it replies 5123 m... or so sometimes, I guess it is related to the above issue when bushes partially obscure an object.

Yeah, make sure it hits something hard.

5. I can take in my gear only 1 item like earplugs or kestrel (and another stuff I cant remember now) and it shows in my gear as 2 items, i.e. I take 1 Kestrel and it show I have 2 kestrel's, and it would replace the earplugs I have taken before which also shows as 2 items even though I took only 1.

Maybe it's an ACE related issue, but when I played online with the same mod I have no such issue.

I can confirm this.

Cheers!

Ron

Can confirm this too.

Thank you for inspiring me to learn how to snipe,

Your campaign made me seriously study and really enjoy the sniper role for the first time!!! :)

Currently I'm during the "Red October" mission, Ver 0.92, latest Stable ACE 1.10, with KH_OA_ACE Addon pack (used on the "kelly's heroes" Clan server)

Now I've Stumbled upon upon some issues here:

1. whenever I fire when I'm sniper - I immediately and automatically switch to spotter position, on every shot using rifle or hand gun... I have to manually switch back to sniper which I assume is not meant to be played that way. spotting mode was off.

I spot them as a "Tank" though you can see it's a Tunguska at 500m out or father. seems like trees or bushes partially obscure the games ID logic or something...

maybe you can "actively" ID them somehow??

4. The radio commands Spotting mode ON and Disable AI movement seems to do them same thing - the spotter just freezes in his place. what is the difference? why would I need the spotter scope for? is it just for the spotters use? I can do well with the Rangefinder Bino...

Cheers!

Ron

thanks for the feedback and im glad it has helped you appreciate the role of the sniper team^^

1. I will look into that, does this only occur on red october?

2. This is an issue i experienced while testing this mission as well. I set the knowsabout value to an extremely low value (like 0.05 or so) and if it goes above that it should trigger. There appear to be issues with how knowsabout is done in nighttime, because with nv goggles you should be able to spot them 500m away if you have los to them. I will see if theres any other solutions to this, as knowsabout might not be the best solution.

3. The range me action is limited to the cursortarget command. And unfortunatly that command only really works when you are staring at an object that has an ID attached to it (like a building, soldier, tank, etc) but doesnt work for trees, nor does it work if you yourself dont know that the object is there (knowsabout) - unfortunatly its a limitation with the command, the BIS_range function is limited to this as well.

4. The difference between these two modes is - one command will disable movement for the spotter, but he will still be able to rotate and return fire. Spotting mode disables the simulation on the spotter, so that he cannot do anything or be controllable - it was done so that wherever you were aiming the spotting scope at a target you were going to shoot, once you turn on spotting mode and fire it would give you the magnified view but still be looking at your original position in the scope - before the ai would sometimes rotate completely out of place making this useless. Its only purpose is to help assess your shots (you can see dust better through it) - particularly at long ranges.

5. This is an ace related issue as far as im aware - briefing screen gear selection bugs the items slots out - however picking up from an ammo crate works - i think i will post a ticket for it on dev heaven to see if they can fix it.

thanks for the feedback - i will look at some of those issues to make it more smoother.