Sign in to follow this  
igneous01

Team Shadow - Sniper Campaign

and yes, i will add that to the radio menu, its annoying for me as well, makes me paranoid that the enemy is going to hear me shouting.

thanks for the reminder ^^

nice, cannot wait for the update ^^

btw: I think I just stumbled across a small bug in the Chernogorsk mission - when I advised my spotter to "range me" it said "Script rangeme.sqs not found".

Nevertheless keep up the good work !

edit: just found a small typo in the briefing of "Skalisty Island": [...] Snipers [...] are dealing effecting damage [...]

I hope you don't mind me reporting all those small bugs/typos/whatever, but I think this may help you safe time when fine-tuning the missions ^^

Edited by cubbi

nice, cannot wait for the update ^^

btw: I think I just stumbled across a small bug in the Chernogorsk mission - when I advised my spotter to "range me" it said "Script rangeme.sqs not found".

Nevertheless keep up the good work !

edit: just found a small typo in the briefing of "Skalisty Island": [...] Snipers [...] are dealing effecting damage [...]

I hope you don't mind me reporting all those small bugs/typos/whatever, but I think this may help you safe time when fine-tuning the missions ^^

i dont, its good your spotting them for me, as i would be sure to miss it.

added to my to do list. Thanks! and keep em coming !

---------- Post added at 02:37 ---------- Previous post was at 00:53 ----------

In the grass only the guy's head was sticking out, and I swear to God it wasn't ghillie-colored but red! I thought it was an autumn bush.

i just replayed the mission when adding the features in and fixing the bugs. And i saw it to :S. Seems to be a problem with the custom ghillie i had applied to him later on, i will fix that so that he looks human again.

Small update will be released in a few hours, fixing all mentioned things in previous missions and adding some neccessary things as well. ill post when its up for dl.

---------- Post added at 04:03 ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 ----------

First post updated with new links and changelog, updated to 0.85

Hangs for me right at the start after the first cutscene ... However, I have a low end system. A2OA 1.57, Duo Core 2.8 GHz, 4 Gb RAM, 500 Gb SATA HD, ATI Radeon HD 4650. I also run Proper mods simple vegetation/buildings/distanance models. Have never had a problem with any other missions/campaigns hanging (I'm running latest ACE2,ACEX2 and Zeus AI).

Is updating the campaign likely to invalidate saves?

I also run Proper mods simple vegetation/buildings/distanance models.

Would you mind linking to those mods? My laptop is even weaker.

it wont corrupt your saves, just make sure that when your updating:

arma 2 is not running

replace the campaign with the new one (as in copy it over)

and go back to arma 2, your saves will still be there.

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Hangs for me right at the start after the first cutscene ... However, I have a low end system. A2OA 1.57, Duo Core 2.8 GHz, 4 Gb RAM, 500 Gb SATA HD, ATI Radeon HD 4650. I also run Proper mods simple vegetation/buildings/distanance models. Have never had a problem with any other missions/campaigns hanging (I'm running latest ACE2,ACEX2 and Zeus AI).

hmm, did you try the campaign without those mods on? try just running it with cba and the ace's, and see if it starts, i will test to see if it hangs with zeus ai.

Is updating the campaign likely to invalidate saves?

It wont invalidate, but you also wont see extra features that the update has brought (becuase the save only has the init data from the mission of the old version).

So to truly benefit, either play the save out so its done, or restart that mission to have the new updates "kick in" for the new saves.

Now that there's only a single mag of M107 in gear, I don't think the best sniper in the world could make that boathouse shot, even in full daylight with wind disabled. The closest shot you can make is 1600m, pushing the edge of the Barret's effective range.

Or if you do make it, you may not have enough left for the other 3.

Edited by maturin

I ran a few tests with zeus and some extra mods, worked fine for me.

Do you have PMC lite enabled? the first 3 missions are done on proving grounds. My fault for not mentioning this (it autoupdated and enabled the lite DLCs for me, so never thought of it as an issue before)

see if you have the PMC or BAF lite enabled (i think PMC has proving grounds) and it should work afterwards. Might have been a missing island and thats why it never loaded.

Now that there's only a single mag of M107 in gear, I don't think the best sniper in the world could make that boathouse shot, even in full daylight with wind disabled. The closest shot you can make is 1600m, pushing the edge of the Barret's effective range.

Or if you do make it, you may not have enough left for the other 3.

Hes optional, you dont need to kill him. Focus on finding and killing the 3 main snipers and then go back to the boathouse to finish the mission.

Btw, has anyone managed to make it past Skalisty yet? Ive been testing the next two missions and they seem to run fine, but who knows :)

Hes optional, you dont need to kill him. Focus on finding and killing the 3 main snipers and then go back to the boathouse to finish the mission.

That's fine, now that the mission makes it clear that he's optional.

Maybe we should get to lase an airstrike on him at the end of the mission?

Btw, has anyone managed to make it past Skalisty yet?

I suspect not. :D

WOW! The qualification course is very well designed, and a great way to learn to use both the ACE range/windage meter adjustments, as well as the mildots under pressure.

This mission alone should be standard in the BI Game (if it supported wind!). Very nice work mate, kudos to you!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

I ran a few tests with zeus and some extra mods, worked fine for me.

Do you have PMC lite enabled? the first 3 missions are done on proving grounds. My fault for not mentioning this (it autoupdated and enabled the lite DLCs for me, so never thought of it as an issue before)

see if you have the PMC or BAF lite enabled (i think PMC has proving grounds) and it should work afterwards. Might have been a missing island and thats why it never loaded.

Tried without Proper addons, without Zeus AI. I have the full PMC and other missions that use Proving Grounds work fine. Still hangs after the cutscene intro. Maybe I should just delete any saves for the campaign from My Documents\Arma 2. I'll try that.

Would you mind linking to those mods? My laptop is even weaker.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/proper-projects/wiki

Edited by MissionCreep

Mission 4: I just got the message that I've killed Gen. Makarov, but I didn't shot once... I'm still near the Light house... Bug? Maybe he got killed under a UAZ...

Mission 4: I just got the message that I've killed Gen. Makarov, but I didn't shot once... I'm still near the Light house... Bug? Maybe he got killed under a UAZ...

same for me, but only the first time I played the mission - thus him getting run over might explain the issue

Sometimes the drunk apc driver will run over gen makarov, which is disappointing, but he shouldnt be drinking in the first place :D

i will see if i can come up with a solution for his premature downfall

Tried without Proper addons, without Zeus AI. I have the full PMC and other missions that use Proving Grounds work fine. Still hangs after the cutscene intro. Maybe I should just delete any saves for the campaign from My Documents\Arma 2. I'll try that.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/proper-projects/wiki

sorry, my BAD! forgot that i had USNavy enabled and so its also dependant on that (my apologies)

I will work on turning down some of the mods required, as USNavy is not supposed to be included (and RU and SM arent mandatory either)

i will post updates soon

hi guys!

i have a rather noobish question, if anyone can help i would appreciate.

i start the 1st mission (distance qualif.) and i listen to that Lt, then i move to firing position marked by the white flag, but don't know how to activate the testing? there's no "finish practice" option anywhere? i tried pressing "space bar" and mouse scroll but the menu doesn't show "finish practice" option. what the hell is wrong here?

btw, would really like to play this, seems as a great work!

You have to 'use' the flagpole for everything.

are you saying i should mouse over the flagpole and the options will become available?

are you saying i should mouse over the flagpole and the options will become available?

Mouse over and use action menu, IIRC.

hmm... interesting indeed. I have never had that happen yet, the action is added to the player so long as hes inside that little area where the flag is, so it should pop up as long as your sitting on that sandy tarmac and not too far away from it. (5m radius from the shooting position)

thanks guys, i understand how it should work, however, the problem is apparently my installation. i checked the 1st post again and it says the CO is required. i failed to notice that the previous time. sadly, i have arma2 and OA as two separate installations...that's why it doesn't work properly in my case. though, i wonder if i can simply put all the installation files into one folder and make the game work as if i have the CO?

i have arma2 and OA as two separate installations...that's why it doesn't work properly in my case.
That "Case" is blasphemous in these parts :eek::)

If you dont un-install and reinstall as combined young man I will have to have a word with you, how dare you not combine! :mad::butbut: ;)

Anyway .. I would say ununstall, everything, install A2, then OA and when asked point it (it should do) to the arma 2 folder already existing, then patch the whole thing with 1.59 latest patch.

Its pretty unrewarding to have them installed separately.

There is a a sticky thread already here about combining etc, have a search for it all.

Edited by mrcash2009

That "Case" is blasphemous in these parts :eek::)

If you dont un-install and reinstall as combined young man I will have to have a word with you, how dare you not combine!

Anyway .. I would say ununstall, everything, install A2, then OA and when asked point it (it should do) to the arma 2 folder already existing, then patch the whole thing with 1.59 latest patch.

Its pretty unrewarding to have them installed separately.

There is a a sticky thread already here about combining etc, have a search for it all.

I'm the most thankful for your great advice sire!:jump_clap::cool:

gonna try it right away:)

Campaign updated - didnt have much time to do alot but i did add one new mission.

Just copy this campaign over the older one and it will retain your campaign saves.

Removed USNavy and SM dependencies

first post updated

Would that work in Multiplayer when simply unpacked and put as single missions? I am asking because I would like to play with my friend, not edit half of the campaign before doing this :P