Sign in to follow this  
scifer

Wind blow

I think wind blow volume is toooooo low! How can I increase it?

Edited by scifer

Keep in mind it reacts to the setWind command rather than the actual wind which takes quite some time to get there. So you might want to use setWind in steps.

Thank you for the advices but I was asking how to raise its sound volume, not vectors.

If it is just sound you seek, then playsound/or play music command. Set up script to loop a sound file (of wind) every 10-15 seconds. That will give you a realistic sounding winds. Combine this with a dust/snow/rain script and you have a proper storm!

Actually the only thing that will get perfect seamless loops are CfgSFX sounds, played from triggers. But those have other problems.

As for sound volume, not vectors - well, this is the mission scripting section, and the only way to do it from here. Sound volume increase with wind speed - kinda obvious is it not? :p If you want full control over wind sounds, you have to make a sound addon and tweak the sounds and configs.

im pretty sure there was a way to access cfgsfx sounds using playsound? or is that not the case? either way as i recall playsound doesnt work right now, so you need to stick to playmusic. i think theres a parameter for raising the decibals if u want it louder as well

PMC official campaign first mission has exactly what I want: a loud wind sound. Does anybody knows how to put this same sound in missions?