Thanks for releasing this mod, lots of great stuff in it... wow! :)

Best mod team from OFP time stroke again :pc:

All great stuff from FDF. Are there any SP missions included?

Yes, three single player missions.

Post your missions here so we all can enjoy them :)

Just a note for users, on X64 systems the FDF installer will try to install to C:\Program Files (x86\ rather than C:\Program Files\ where the Arma 2 installer selects by default.

If you don't find FDF mod in your Arma folder, go to the x86 program files and you'll most likely find it in there, just drag/drop everything into your Arma 2 root and it will merge the files.

Mmm, that's good to know. I'm sure someone gets that "problem". Thanks for reporting!

Yay!

Congrats. I have some off duty time atm and tested the mod. It all looks awsome. The Rk95 looks way better now! Only thing I miss tough is units without any gear. In every other way. This has made my 2011!

Thanks!

Congratulations for the release!

And a little work for you guys (RPT) for the next update :)

=====================================================================

== G:\Gullideckel\arma2oa.exe

== "G:\Gullideckel\arma2oa.exe" -mod=FDFmod -nosplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors -skipintro -noFilePatching -window

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2011/03/20 12:41:00

Current time: 2011/03/21 01:19:48

Version 1.59.78955

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Updating base class ->BulletCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/BulletBase/

Updating base class ->RocketBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/R_M136_AT/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/CA_Magazine/

Updating base class ->CA_Magazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/VehicleMagazine/

Updating base class ->CA_LauncherMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/M136/

Updating base class ->MGunCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MGun/

Updating base class ->Pistol, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M9/

Updating base class ->RifleCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Rifle/

Updating base class ->Rifle, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M240/

Updating base class ->MP5SD, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MP5A5/

Updating base class ->Rifle, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/PK/

Updating base class ->Launcher, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M136/

Updating base class ->AK_BASE, by ca\weapons\ak\config.bin/cfgWeapons/AK_47_M/

Updating base class ->CAManBase, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierGB/

Updating base class ->CAManBase, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Civilian/

Updating base class ->SoldierWB, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/USMC_Soldier_Base/

Updating base class ->US_Soldier_Base_EP1, by ca\characters_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/US_Soldier_Sniper_EP1/

Updating base class ->FlagCarrierUSA, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/FlagCarrierGUE/

Updating base class ->LandRover_Base, by ca\wheeled_e\lr\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LandRover_CZ_EP1/

Updating base class R_M136_AT->RocketBase, by FDF_sounds_c\config.bin/CfgAmmo/FDF_kes_ammo/

Updating base class ->Sounds, by FDF_sounds_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LandRover_Base/Sounds/

Updating base class Sounds->, by FDF_sounds_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/FDF_leopard2a4/Sounds/

Updating base class Engine->, by FDF_sounds_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/FDF_leopard2a4/Sounds/Engine/

Updating base class Movement->, by FDF_sounds_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/FDF_leopard2a4/Sounds/Movement/

Updating base class ->GMG_TriPod, by ca\weapons_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_GMG_Tripod_D/

Updating base class ->TOW_TriPod_Base, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/TOW_TriPod_US_EP1/

Updating base class ->ZU23_base, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ZU23_TK_GUE_EP1/

Updating base class ->AGS_base, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AGS_TK_GUE_EP1/

Updating base class ->D30_base, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/D30_TK_GUE_EP1/

fdfmod\fdf_air\f18\fdf_f18hornet_wreck.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

class HitPoints::HitMissiles not found in FDF_NH90

class HitPoints::HitRGlass not found in FDF_NH90

class HitPoints::HitLGlass not found in FDF_NH90

FDF_leopard2a4: ammo_belt_hide - unknown animation source IsEmpty

Type FDF_leopard2a4, model fdfmod\fdf_tracked\leopard2\fdf_leopard2a4.p3d - structure of turrets in config does not match the skeleton

class HitPoints::HitRGlass not found in FDF_R500

class HitPoints::HitLGlass not found in FDF_R500

class HitPoints::HitFuel not found in FDF_R500

Fresnel n must be >0, given n=0,k=0

Fresnel k must be >0, given n=0.001,k=0

ca\misc\piskoviste.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\misc\houpacka.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\misc\piskoviste.p3d: house, config class missing

FDF_Defender: wheel_1_2_destruct - unknown animation source HitLF2Wheel

FDF_Defender: wheel_1_3_destruct - unknown animation source HitLMWheel

FDF_Defender: wheel_2_2_destruct - unknown animation source HitRF2Wheel

FDF_Defender: wheel_2_3_destruct - unknown animation source HitRMWheel

class HitPoints::HitRGlass not found in FDF_Defender

class HitPoints::HitLGlass not found in FDF_Defender

class HitPoints::HitFuel not found in FDF_Defender

class HitPoints::HitLF2Wheel not found in FDF_Defender

class HitPoints::HitRF2Wheel not found in FDF_Defender

class HitPoints::HitLMWheel not found in FDF_Defender

class HitPoints::HitRMWheel not found in FDF_Defender

Xeno

I have problems with the first mission of the campaign.

I don't have notes, i don't have tasks, and nothing happens. I tried to go to the briefing point in the map, in the hangar, but no one speaks to me.

Is it normal?

edit: oh i forgot to add: i am not using extra mods, i am using the lastest beta of arma 2 oa (combined operations, really).

I don't have notes, i don't have tasks, and nothing happens. I tried to go to the briefing point in the map, in the hangar, but no one speaks to me.

Is it normal?

edit: oh i forgot to add: i am not using extra mods, i am using the lastest beta of arma 2 oa (combined operations, really).

Works fine for me... =/ ...i`m playing with some addons and latest beta 1.58.79122...

Go to the Land Rover that's waiting just beside the runway after you land.

But, is normal to not have tasks? I am thinking that myabe the download of the mod went wrong. I will try, and report back.

edit: ok, solved, it was working fine, it was the guy of the Land Rover, once initiated that script, all went smooth.

Edited by Turin Turambar

I found bug! When i press " / " don't change sight on valmet with ACOG.

If you compare the RK and some US model, you'll notice that RK actually doesn't have a red dot/aimpoint above the ACOG. So, it's logical it doesn't have that mode either.

I found bug! When i press " / " don't change sight on valmet with ACOG.

If you look at the RK95 with ACOG model, you can see that the optical sight system blocks iron sights. It is like this in real life too which is kinda stupid but that's how it really is :D.

After a first look I must say that the mod is really great. Thanks for the hard work! :)

One question: Any chance for adding some backpacks in the next version?

If you look at the RK95 with ACOG model, you can see that the optical sight system blocks iron sights. It is like this in real life too which is kinda stupid but that's how it really is :D.

I think he more meant a general CQB-mode, so pretty much just looking over the sights to be able to maintain the usefulness of ACOG-equipped rifles somewhat at close range. :)

Some FDF missions:

Dust CTI (Chernarus, Podagorsk, Capraia, Japhato and Thirsk)

Town Clash (Chernarus and Podagorsk)

Counter Insurgency 6 (Chernarus)

Oden FDF Pack

Really like the Scanias. The interior is spookily familiar. Just like being at work.:) Although I wish mine could to 0-90 in 7 seconds.

I see they are the DROPS versions. Any chance they could be given that functionality in game?

Right now the campaign is being pretty good. But in mission 3 the usmc attack to the based never ocurred, it only appeared at first an US attack chopper that went down in the first pass (bmp2 got him good). I had to clean for myself all the base, i killed in the end the bmp2, the brdm2 and 43 infantry soldiers... (i had to reload a dozen of times in total) and still the mission didn't finish. Had to to use the "endmission" cheat :/

Found some minor errors.

The Nh-90 main rotors spin the wrong way on startup (in relation to the blades). Tail rotor is fine.

The F/A-18's flaps do not move to first down position when selected for the first time. Select a second time and they go fully down.

Going to test out some more gear. :)

Are there any plans to decrease the cockpit closing time? At the moment it seems extremely quick. I only ask because I'm syncing sound to it closing, so want to save myself the pain of audio editing if it gets changed :D.

I don't know if it's been asked yet, 10 pages to read through, but are you guys going to modify the Hornet to carry bombs? I hav only seen an air to air, leaving you with no ground attack planes.

I am diggin everything so far though. I'm sure you'll be asked by about everyone here to create markings for a U.S. Hornet, seeing that we have an air craft carrier now. But with your Hornet the markings are small enough to pass for any country really. But love the mod so far.

Edited by victim913

I don't know if it's been asked yet, 10 pages to read through, but are you guys going to modify the Hornet to carry bombs? I hav only seen an air to air, leaving you with no ground attack planes.

IRL the Finnish Air Force has no air-to-ground equipment for the F/A-18.

IRL the Finnish Air Force has no air-to-ground equipment for the F/A-18.

But an air-to-ground upgrade for them is already on it's way so why not.

But an air-to-ground upgrade for them is already on it's way so why not.

Has it already been decided what air-to-ground weapons Finnish Hornets will receive? There has been talks about Mavericks I think but no decision has been made yet. Nevertheless we'll most likely create air-to-ground variant of Hornet for next version. In the meantime you can add BIS Mavericks using removeWeapon and addWeapon commands in editor.

EDIT:

According to Wikipedia, Finns have selected at least AGM-154 aka JSOW.

Edited by Norsu