Sign in to follow this  
schnapsdrosel

SpecOps, Mercs, BlackOps, OpFor by Schnapsdrosel

Congrats to the release Schnapps, great units there, love the crisp textures and all the details, especialyl the PMCs look very good.

I there any replacement for the PMC DLC i probably missed?

Thx for these,I was an sucker for your blackops since older versions.The new ones are so much better also thnx for keeping some of them completely black.

One thing though,I'm sure you noticed it but the units without that neck guard are showing some skin between the neck and the rest of the body.

Can something be done about it in later versions??

Nicenicenice work!

Will it work for Single Arma 2 or single OA too?

If you didn't understand that^

Easier question; I just have OA on this computer, will it work if I don't have CO?

Yeah, in the desert maps, all your black ops guys faces turn orange.

I recommend that you put a list of all your units on this thread or your read me. Going around trying to find them is proving difficult. I thought they would be under one title. I have found germans and mercs and spec ops and what else?

I don't have any opfor mercs, or anything but the standard Russia, Takistan, etc..

Wait a minute, is the middle eastern army your OPFOR? If so I am not too fond of all of them wearing pink scarfs. :confused:If they were green or something they would be very useful. But the pink or maybe red, scarfs look pretty fruity. But everything else is bad ass though.:yay:

Edited by victim913

Congrats on the release Schnapsdrosel! These units are amazing as usual. :)

bug found:the custom faces you made are turning a bright orange when in takistan and desert well just the skin is

For me this is happening only when using both the old Blacks Ops and Desert Mercenary Pack and not only in takistan. If I take off the old pack the skins look normal. Also the bug where the pro helmet is missing a model is fixed when you run both the old and new pack.

i noticed the SEAL units are not wearing the OA backpacks they can open and pick them up but its not visible on there backs (can somebody confirm this one ?)

i will see if there is a conflict of some sort and report back

Do I have to delete old pbo files (of your addons) if I put this latest version into my mod-folder? (because of the new file name)

DiFool the same question was answered a few posts back :P you can put them in with the other mercs as they are compatible with eachother (although i read some reports say different )

Love those units, as I loved your previous pack.

One thing though, it would be nice if the mercs were also available under the independent side, as they were in your first pack.

What is the classname for the US Gasmask? I looked at the class lists included, but couldn't find any gasmasks listed.

Love the BlackOp units!

But please add some OA-edition on them if you are going out with an update, 'cuz they're using Arma 2 M4's and I want to play with them, with Scars D:

But they are a hell of a good job anyways. Keep it up!

You could just add the SCARs yourself, you know. Maybe thirty seconds of typing? Or less if you use Celery's addweapon script.

...yo Schnap, given any thought to a headgear pack? gazmazk k thx bai

You could just add the SCARs yourself, you know. Maybe thirty seconds of typing? Or less if you use Celery's addweapon script.

Thanks for the tip, dude. I'm gonna test it out now!

supergrunt, asking about the OA backpacks, are they supposed to be wearing the backpacks?

If they are, how are you viewing them? I was using RTE and looking at all the units that way, but for some reason, RTE will not spawn any backpacks on units. If you start the mission with the units already placed, they will have backpacks, but not if you place them after the preview has started.

If not using RTE, might be similar.

And don't forget that ACE takes off backpacks by default, unless you changed that.- if you are using ACE

The medics backpacks show up though

Edited by victim913

...yo Schnap, given any thought to a headgear pack? gazmazk k thx bai

I seem to be having issues with this, I want to have a Goggle and mask combination, I can wear both a black balacava and goggles, but when I try to place it on a separate unit in the INIT. line, it either removes the mask or goggles or both. What am I doing wrong Schnaps?

Once again, you are the man.

supergrunt, asking about the OA backpacks, are they supposed to be wearing the backpacks?

If they are, how are you viewing them? I was using RTE and looking at all the units that way, but for some reason, RTE will not spawn any backpacks on units. If you start the mission with the units already placed, they will have backpacks, but not if you place them after the preview has started.

If not using RTE, might be similar.

And don't forget that ACE takes off backpacks by default, unless you changed that.- if you are using ACE

The medics backpacks show up though

yes the OA backpacks , nope not using ACE and not using RTE and not spawning units (just placed a backpack in the editor and a seal as player and did preview)

the seals can pick up the back pack but they will not show up on the back of the unit, it does however work to put stuff in them so the backpack is on the unit just not showing somehow

EDIT: just did some testing and it seems that the new backpack addon (by lennert is i am not mistaken) does work on the seals

EDIT 2: just did some more testing and now it seems i am losing my mind as the seals are showing backpacs al of a sudden i am going to find out what is happening

now just a little request :

maybe its possibler to include some more green type of mercs (example : OD green shirt with bleu jeans or woodland shirt with bleu jeans or OD green pants with black shirt ) this way your mercs can then operate in more kind of theatres then only desert / urban (the one unit showing multicam pants with green shirt just isn't enough :P

Edited by supergruntsb78

For me this is happening only when using both the old Blacks Ops and Desert Mercenary Pack and not only in takistan. If I take off the old pack the skins look normal. Also the bug where the pro helmet is missing a model is fixed when you run both the old and new pack.

Just tried the above: Removing the old desert mercs pbo, and still, the blackops soldiers have an orange face.

EDIT: I see why, it appears to work AFTER you removed the old BlackOps, if you reboot your computer, the "bug" will kick in. I even tried not using the BiSign PBO and it still did the same thing. I don't know whats causing this issue to happen.

Edited by kurow
Didn't want to double post.

Some of the light navy seal units,the ones with long sleeves show no OA backpacks

is this a model issue or a config problem

can this be corrected so that you can see the backpacks on all units

please ..please correct if possible

Some of the light navy seal units,the ones with long sleeves show no OA backpacks

is this a model issue or a config problem

can this be corrected so that you can see the backpacks on all units

please ..please correct if possible

well it looks like i am not losing my mind :P

same thing as i noticed only i didn't noticed it was long sleeves who had the problem