Sign in to follow this  
dissaifer

Specific Animation Suggestions - Please Help

First I'd like to say a Thank you to BIS for constantly continuing to improve your product. Every time I leave the game for a few months and come back the game gets much better. :yay:

So, I saw there was a new candidate for release (1.59) and decided to read it. There was a huge (some what emotional) debate on the animation speeds poll/thread. After read a bit I saw that Maruk posted that we should post "specific feedback to particular animations instead of just general opinion."

An excellent suggestion, and the point of this thread, to give specific examples of how and why an animation needs to be changed. It would be nice to do this as a community with constancy so here are the rules.

- 1 Suggestion per post - in order to for people not to have to read a wall of text.

- Provide a description of the action - to prevent confusion on what should be corrected.

- Provide an example - if you don't have a video, you can probably find one on youtube (a picture is worth a 1,000 words, right?)

- Provide a suggestion on how to correct it.

* This is a constructive thread to try to help improve the game, please don't complain and gripe about someone's suggestion, it doesn't change anything.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Description - when you are wounded to the point you can not control your character (or the AI critically wounded) you are put into an injured animation loop.

Example - See video

As you can see, the character jerks (time ~ 1:40) around, then when the loop is done starts from the beginning.

Suggestion - Ensure the animation stops where it begins. This way the animation transition isn't obvious to the player.

Hello,

I'm somewhat missing what your thread is dicussing other then animations, as you really dont have any animations you are

suggesting that is already in the game made by a addon and mod.

Maybe this upcoming anim pack may quench your thirst for changes ingame:

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=115889

Alot of what your talking about theres already mods out there for, SLX has what that vid has but better,

and the guys injured dont sound calm and retarded.

then theres truemods that have anim changes as well.

Look them up:

SLX

DAP

Truemods

I suggest finding them mods and changing your game.

Thanks Gunter for the suggestions, and I am aware of them. I actually and very excited about the PvP animation replacements which aren't out yet.

...but the goal of the thread is to give BIS direction on the vanilla product animations to help them create a better overall game.

I don't want to speak for everyone, but some people have voiced that they feel the animations of the game feel or look clunky or in some cases unrealistic.

So, I decided instead of complaining about it, to create this thread to help BIS improve their game with specific examples and suggestions [it was the most constructive thing I could think of].

You've made a good point though, maybe we should suggestion using the animations provided by those mods to be incorporated into the vanilla (with approval from the mod creators, of course).

Hi, when you are stopped and aiming with your side arm, the animation should be like this:

Foto-12.jpg

Instead what we've now, that's the right stance; for lower your profile you should advance the body and place the left elbow forward (resting) on your left knee; but that's another history. Let's C ya

I think that the reload animations for snipers and machine guns should not take the same amount of time as the reload animations for assault rifles, etc. Also, the animations are the same for all of them, which I can live with, but it looks a little odd sometimes.

I don't know about examples, I'm sure you all know what I am talking about.

Suggestion: Decrease the speed of the animations

Hi, when you are stopped and aiming with your side arm, the animation should be like this:

http://www.tiroautodefensa.com.ar/imagenes/jpg/tecnicas%20y%20posiciones%20de%20tiro%20con%20armas%20de%20puno/Foto-12.jpg

Instead what we've now, that's the right stance; for lower your profile you should advance the body and place the left elbow forward (resting) on your left knee; but that's another history. Let's C ya

The current animation for holding a pistol is with both arms completely streteched straight to the front. Which kinda looks awkward