KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

Yes, you are definitely looking for trouble running so many mods. I'm not sure why you'd run BlastFX with ACE. Doesn't ACE have all those effects itself? Also, you might even want to try running without any of the AI mods as the mission maker likely has things setup to work properly with Vanilla AI. You can always try it that way and if you think adding an AI mod would help then add it. But even that could cause the mission to possibly run off-track somehow.

Nah, the AI addons are fine as long as they're simple enough and won't break the AI's tasks like overriding given essential waypoints. I've used ASR and Zeus myself (not simultaneously) with few limitations, I enjoy the small adjustments that make the AI smarter. Especially VFTCAS which prevents the helicopters from hitting ground all the ***ng time and I warmly recommend you to use it. :D But running dozens of addons you don't need in the first place with this campaign is when the problems most usually occur.

Hey King Nothing,

I really have a Blast with this dynamic campaign. But I have trouble with the "Forest Hideout" type of mission. Second time I run into one, and I cannot find the suitcase...

There's a big camp with 4 great tents and lot of little ones, I looked everywhere without success. It makes me mad because I'm at mission 5 and I'm stuck because of that !

That could be optional but as a matter of fact, you cannot win without to find that suitcase...

Could you please give me hints where to locate it ?

does anyone know how to enable all support in all missions? i've replayed it many times and i wanna play it differently now. there are files "SetSupport", "SetArtillery" and "SetHelos" but i don't know what values i should set in them.

@Niko: i found it near one of the tents. it should be close.

does anyone know how to enable all support in all missions? i've replayed it many times and i wanna play it differently now. there are files "SetSupport", "SetArtillery" and "SetHelos" but i don't know what values i should set in them.

@Niko: i found it near one of the tents. it should be close.

You can changed it by opening up the file fnc\SupportPoints.sqf and adding these values at the bottom, overriding the values defined earlier in the script:

HeliPoints = 45;

ArtPoints = 50;

45 helipoints should unlock all the helis. ArtPoints get randomly shared between the 3 different arty types. But remember that the enemy forces are originally compensated for the given support and tampering with the support values unbalances the game and then it's cheating. The enemies won't have a chance. But have fun anyways.

Edited by King Nothing

king, i'm experiencing same bug as in previous versions: at mission start, after the briefing menu, where you have to board the transport, my controls die for some reason, i can't do anything, game looks like frozen, but everyone is moving around, patrolling soldiers etc. Haappens on both takistan and chernarus versions. I playing with asr_ai, jsrs, and warfx, i'm not sure if them are causing this, since i'm playing every mission with them, nowhere this bug had happened.

Only alt+f4, helps to close the game, and after restart, i can continue to play at same place, where i've pressed alt+f4 before.

Edited by NeuroFunker

king, i'm experiencing same bug as in previous versions: at mission start, after the briefing menu, where you have to board the transport, my controls die for some reason, i can't do anything, game looks like frozen, but everyone is moving around, patrolling soldiers etc. Haappens on both takistan and chernarus versions. I playing with asr_ai, jsrs, and warfx, i'm not sure if them are causing this, since i'm playing every mission with them, nowhere this bug had happened.

Only alt+f4, helps to close the game, and after restart, i can continue to play at same place, where i've pressed alt+f4 before.

This is wierd because I use the same addons without this problem. I'm sure it has something to do with disableUserInput command that is used during the loading sequence when this mission starts. disableUserInput is "true" when the "missions starting" text appears and returns back to "false" when the screen fades in. So I guess for some reason it ignores this "disableUserInput false" command and the controls remain frozen. Is this is SP or MP? and has it worked in some previous version?

You can changed it by opening up the file fnc\SupportPoints.sqf and adding these values at the bottom, overriding the values defined earlier in the script:

45 helipoints should unlock all the helis. ArtPoints get randomly shared between the 3 different arty types. But remember that the enemy forces are originally compensated for the given support and tampering with the support values unbalances the game and then it's cheating. The enemies won't have a chance. But have fun anyways.

thanks a lot!

Had a problem with the teleport not happening (BTR-70) on the CH version but apart from that the new version is running great. Maybe you could include a player action that allows to force the teleport? It might have been caused by the btr-70's way being blocked by a civilian car and it had been doing circles for minutes until one of us decided to get out and drive the civ car away, then get back in.

disableUserInput is "true" when the "missions starting" text appears and returns back to "false" when the screen fades in

any specific reason you're not using http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableSimulation ?

Had a problem with the teleport not happening (BTR-70) on the CH version but apart from that the new version is running great. Maybe you could include a player action that allows to force the teleport? It might have been caused by the btr-70's way being blocked by a civilian car and it had been doing circles for minutes until one of us decided to get out and drive the civ car away, then get back in.

any specific reason you're not using http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableSimulation ?

Have you had this problem still in this latest build? I've fixed two (2) bugs causing this and still it happens? Darn, have to look into it.

Haven't thought about using that command for this purpose, thanks for the suggestion. I'll use it for the next version, if there's going to be one.

Have you had this problem still in this latest build? I've fixed two (2) bugs causing this and still it happens? Darn, have to look into it.

yes latest built. happened only one time so far, otherwise it has worked like a charm (the extraction likes to stop miles away from the actual designated location though).

A problem I had with enableSimulation is that players were able to fire exactly one shot, even when it was set to true. But that might have been a problem with the way I implemented it.

This is wierd because I use the same addons without this problem. I'm sure it has something to do with disableUserInput command that is used during the loading sequence when this mission starts. disableUserInput is "true" when the "missions starting" text appears and returns back to "false" when the screen fades in. So I guess for some reason it ignores this "disableUserInput false" command and the controls remain frozen. Is this is SP or MP? and has it worked in some previous version?

it has happened in previous version in SP as well, quite often actually. In mp in previous version, some of my friends had mission generating or preparing screen not wanting to disappear, so we had to restart couple of times.

it has happened in previous version in SP as well, quite often actually. In mp in previous version, some of my friends had mission generating or preparing screen not wanting to disappear, so we had to restart couple of times.

Try unpacking the pbo and open up MissionLoadInsertion.sqf. Replace every "disableUserInput true;" with "player enableSimulation false;" and every "disableUserInput false;" with "player enableSimulation true;" inside that file and see if it's fixed. I haven't heard of anyone else reporting this issue and it sounds a bit wierd, could be some kind of arma bug or some other issue in your end but I'll fix it for the next possible build.

About the "mission preparing" screen, it should be fixed in the latest build. Report back to me if you still experience it.

Hello there!

I have a question on how to properly replace units, as I seem to be doing something wrong...

I recently found some time to again play this masterpiece but I wanted to change some of the units in the game. Namely my squad and the other Spetznatz guys. The units I wanted to swap them with are Col.Staglers awesome FSB units, the ones that still look like they're russians and not US SOF :) anyway, when replacing them in the unitslibrary.sqf AND in the editor, I still get the vanilla MVD units. I Also mixed in a handfull of PCDFs' Kinzhal which show up as they should. But no luck with the FSB guys. Not even when using a replacement config for them.

has anyone an idea what's going on here? (apart from me doing something wrong of course!)

Okay. Disregard. It WAS my fault entirely. I am ashamed to say it, but I somehow forgot to save the changes in 'Unitslibrary.sqf'. It's all working fine now. Thanks again for this masterpiece!

Edited by FLv*VeNoM*
Found solution... argh!

Love the mission - currently playing the special version for the RHSMOD!

I came across an issue with using this mission with the TPWC AI Suppression System. For some reason using this mod in conjunction with this mission causes the user dialogues to lock up (or operate extremely slowly). I don't know why it does this.

I am not asking you to fix this by the way - we all use addons at our own risk, and I am happy with that. I just wanted to save some people some time troubleshooting this if they experience problems using the mod with this mission!

Great work on this mission - it is a lot of fun!

I came across an issue with using this mission with the TPWC AI Suppression System. For some reason using this mod in conjunction with this mission causes the user dialogues to lock up (or operate extremely slowly). I don't know why it does this.

I am not asking you to fix this by the way - we all use addons at our own risk, and I am happy with that. I just wanted to save some people some time troubleshooting this if they experience problems using the mod with this mission!

I had this problem without TPWAC.

I don´t know what is causing it.

But I learned that loading saves will make the mission run worse. It´s best to complete it in one playthrough

I had this problem without TPWAC.

I don´t know what is causing it.

But I learned that loading saves will make the mission run worse. It´s best to complete it in one playthrough

For me it would cause problems every time, even when restarting the mission. Without the TPWAC mod I have had no problems. It's reproduce-able every time when I have this mod loaded. Been playing for an hour or so now without TPWAC and all is good!

In the past when this campaign was WIP I used BIS ALICE module to spawn civilian life and I had this same problem until I noticed it was ALICE causing this. All I knew was that this had to do with the way BIS devs have made the scripts work in Arma. The basic policy apparently is to avoid excessive FPS drop due to scripts and this simply causes scripts to run slower if there is a lot of script activity. This mentioned suppression system might be too heavy together with the campaign scripts. Anyway it's beyond my understanding as I have no idea how the addon works to begin with. You could ask the author of the addon if this could be the case. I don't see how it could otherwise conflict with any of the scripts used in the campaign but what was interesting is that this ALICE module cause severe slowdown in scripts down to a point that the campaign was unplayable for me. But when I created an ALICE type of civilian spawning script of my own which basicly functioned in a very same way and had absolutely no noticable slowdown of scripts. Go and figure...

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

I have added the AFRF version of this campaign released by Red Hammer Studios to the first post. Go and enjoy the high quality work of the renowned RHS! :)

King Nothing - thanks for the explanation. Sometimes addons clash - shit happens! I am enjoying the RHSMOD version all the same anyway!

Made it the furthest ever tonight without freezes or hangs....made it to the start of 5th mission. I have mission load times of 40 mins to 1 hr for each mission..playing Ch. addon version. Team got into heli and heli just hovers there for something like 1 hr real time I had to ctrl-alt-delete out not to save game in that state. So jealous of you all who got it working flawless. similar experience in the non addon or Taki version...bummer.

Made it the furthest ever tonight without freezes or hangs....made it to the start of 5th mission. I have mission load times of 40 mins to 1 hr for each mission..playing Ch. addon version. Team got into heli and heli just hovers there for something like 1 hr real time I had to ctrl-alt-delete out not to save game in that state. So jealous of you all who got it working flawless. similar experience in the non addon or Taki version...bummer.

Omg, you've been very patient, that's for sure! Just had a fresh go with the non-addon and chechnya versions and the load times with the first mission including the initialization took only 8-12 seconds for me. I presume you've already tried without any addons. Those are the reason for 95% of these kind of issues. I've seen this campaign launched in many computers myself and it has run more or less identically to my current main computer, except from minor performance differences, so apart from addons, I cannot say what would lead to this. Old computer? Corrupted installation? Running some beta patch?

I'll keep working at it. When you say corrupted install do you mean the whole arma 2 game or just your campaign? computer is quad core @3600mhz - ssd - win 7- hd 6870.

the first couple of missions load up quick and play fine, its once you get into it that it bogs down, after 4th and 5th. Its during the torch and spark selections for Lz, platoon weapons screen, transport etc...it takes hours to advance through those parts under the tent at the base. I have to walk away and shower and eat dinner and when I come back it advances...

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

How about save games? some people here say you should not save and play through all 7 scenarios in one go. could that be it? I never have the time to go at it all at once...but the fact that loads deteriorate over the days makes me wonder if it doesn't like to be saved and continued over time...

I've never had any problems with multiple save games and coming back to it.

The fact that it is bogging down severely during the selection screens etc. sounds very odd.

I'll keep working at it. When you say corrupted install do you mean the whole arma 2 game or just your campaign? computer is quad core @3600mhz - ssd - win 7- hd 6870.

the first couple of missions load up quick and play fine, its once you get into it that it bogs down, after 4th and 5th. Its during the torch and spark selections for Lz, platoon weapons screen, transport etc...it takes hours to advance through those parts under the tent at the base. I have to walk away and shower and eat dinner and when I come back it advances...

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

How about save games? some people here say you should not save and play through all 7 scenarios in one go. could that be it? I never have the time to go at it all at once...but the fact that loads deteriorate over the days makes me wonder if it doesn't like to be saved and continued over time...

Ah, so the problem didn't appear during the first mission, but over time, my apologies. Then to me this sounds like what occurred to me when I used the BIS ALICE module with this campaign (read post #569). Apparently TPWC AI Suppression System might cause this same slowdown. But if you are running vanilla Arma 2:CO (or just the required addons together with the chechnya addon version), I'm running out of ideas. :confused: