KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

I notice takistan version requires addons. Is there an optional non-addon Takistan version available like the Chernarus options?

Sorry if Ive missed something obvious.

I playe this 7-mission once per week, since it is a piece of art in gaming. This update is great with minor issues:

1. Heli crash during early insertion.

Torch & Spark were being inserted separately with 2 Heli (1 with Mi-8 1 with Mi-24). Though I delayed the embarkment of my team's Heli, while Spark team did wait for my take-off, the 2 Heli climbed at the same time, same level, and in 30 sec my faster heli's nose touches the other's tail. crashed.

* in the previous update, is that one Heli will wisely incline to a higher level during the take-off, to keep proper distant between 2 Heli in similar situation?

2. In the new weapon pack, one cool rifle with 'Thermal scope' got a Suppressed Sound but not functioned in stealth, similarly, same Rifle with 'silenced & Laser' neither keep unoticed fired from 100+m towards a team of calm guerilla.

Thanks for your effort to keep this game so interesting, King.

I playe this 7-mission once per week, since it is a piece of art in gaming. This update is great with minor issues:

1. Heli crash during early insertion.

Torch & Spark were being inserted separately with 2 Heli (1 with Mi-8 1 with Mi-24). Though I delayed the embarkment of my team's Heli, while Spark team did wait for my take-off, the 2 Heli climbed at the same time, same level, and in 30 sec my faster heli's nose touches the other's tail. crashed.

* in the previous update, is that one Heli will wisely incline to a higher level during the take-off, to keep proper distant between 2 Heli in similar situation?

AI Problem, nothing to do with the mission. Be aware that the Mi-24 is faster than the Mi-8

2. In the new weapon pack, one cool rifle with 'Thermal scope' got a Suppressed Sound but not functioned in stealth, similarly, same Rifle with 'silenced & Laser' neither keep unoticed fired from 100+m towards a team of calm guerilla.

Thanks for your effort to keep this game so interesting, King.

Addon Problem, not realted to mission. :p

As other people have stated many times before, this is a really good campaign, hats off to you. However, I do wish that JIP would become available at some time in the future of this marvellous project, as we are having tremendous trouble keeping a game going with 12 players. At some point someone will crash, lose connection to the internet or some other unfortunate instance, and then it is back to square one for the rest of us. So if I had one wish, it would be JIP.

Other than that, this is a spectacular piece of work - easilly worth a few assorted awards, Mr. Nothing.

Thanks for kind words again, everyone! I think it's safe to say that the campaign is ready to be uploaded to other sites now. I won't do any bigger updates for a long time and I think everything is working now like it should I hope.

I notice takistan version requires addons. Is there an optional non-addon Takistan version available like the Chernarus options?

Sorry if Ive missed something obvious.

I thought the vanilla russians with the woodland camo looked a bit off in a desert map so I had to use addons as default. If you wish, I think you can switch to vanilla units by replacing these files inside the pbo:

UnitsLibrary.sqf

fnc/SetLoadout.sqf

fnc/SetLoadoutS.sqf

with the non-addon chernarus version ones. Haven't tested it it works like that but I think it should.

As other people have stated many times before, this is a really good campaign, hats off to you. However, I do wish that JIP would become available at some time in the future of this marvellous project, as we are having tremendous trouble keeping a game going with 12 players. At some point someone will crash, lose connection to the internet or some other unfortunate instance, and then it is back to square one for the rest of us. So if I had one wish, it would be JIP.

Other than that, this is a spectacular piece of work - easilly worth a few assorted awards, Mr. Nothing.

Sorry for the headache with that. Originally I started off making a JIP compatible version but I encountered some problems (I don't remember what it was exactly) I decided to simply leave out the JIP functionality. Maybe I'll come back to that now that I've got everything else working. But you know the saying 'if it's not broken, don't fix it' so I'll have to see if I still have time doing improvements like this at some point.

I'm enjoying the Takistan CAMP this time around.

To be honest, though not your fault, there are still the usual BIS Bug stuff like units walking through walls and drivers running over a patrol at the base before transport departure by truck and things like that.

All in all, great work!

King Nothing,

I really enjoy your campaign. Thank you! Great work!

Regards from Siberia

congrats with finally polishing to release state! King Nothing, has no doubt truly a "Russian soul"! Very fucking well made mate!

is there any way i can somehow skip to the 4th mission? due to Vis Maior (i had to reinstall my windows7) my progress was lost. i was at the 4th mission at the time-Outskirts Strong Point.

Just replay it. I've replayed the entire thing a number of times. The missions are different anyway.

is there any way i can somehow skip to the 4th mission? due to Vis Maior (i had to reinstall my windows7) my progress was lost. i was at the 4th mission at the time-Outskirts Strong Point.

Just replay it. I've replayed the entire thing a number of times. The missions are different anyway.

yeah, it seems i'll have to do it. the problem is that i had already replayed first 2 missions couple of times so...

arghh! i'm so out of luck with this great campaign. i've replayed everything and now i'm at mission 5 but i can't resume the campaign. the game crashes during the loading and says: too many virtual memory blocks requested.

any help? i have 4gb dd3-1600 dual channel memory.

;):) ok, here we go again...another replay. this time though i'm gonna extract the .pbo and add in new weapons.

arghh! i'm so out of luck with this great campaign. i've replayed everything and now i'm at mission 5 but i can't resume the campaign. the game crashes during the loading and says: too many virtual memory blocks requested.

any help? i have 4gb dd3-1600 dual channel memory.

I've never had an error like this myself. Could it be caused by addons? Many people run their arma with a buttload of addons and then get some wierd errors and bugs. Hope you get it sorted out.

^^ yeah, u got me!:-)

i run more than 20 addons, ace, acex, aceru, acesm, acenavy, afrf, ASR_AI, sun fix mod, all RH weapon packs plus some others, TF seals and other unit packs, all stagler's mods, several vehicle mods, podagorsk, lingor, duala, tora bora, aliabad and a few others:-))

anyway the campaign is now further interesting cause i added many new weapons.

lol why u need 100 islands while playing this campaign? :) Just get arma 2 launcher, create and extra profile for this campaign: "forgotten few - takistan" "forgotten few - chchen" for example, and add all required addons there, with only few extra like @cba's, @asr_ai, @warfx, and ofcourse @jsrs. Never got any problems with it so far.

forgot to mention shacktec movements, blastFX, vaportrails...:)yeah good idea, i'm gonna definitelly switch off unused mods for this campaign.

forgot to mention shacktec movements, blastFX, vaportrails...:)yeah good idea, i'm gonna definitelly switch off unused mods for this campaign.

Yes, you are definitely looking for trouble running so many mods. I'm not sure why you'd run BlastFX with ACE. Doesn't ACE have all those effects itself? Also, you might even want to try running without any of the AI mods as the mission maker likely has things setup to work properly with Vanilla AI. You can always try it that way and if you think adding an AI mod would help then add it. But even that could cause the mission to possibly run off-track somehow.