KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

...I just might have found the culprit.....an old version of @ASR running simultaneously wit hthe newer @ASR_AI by Robalo.....testing tonight...

Hey King Nothing, I´m toying around with the scripts and I think I found a little bug.

If I open InsertionLand.sqf and change Line 29

_convoy = 0;

to

_convoy = 1;

the mission (only Torch Squad assigned) won´t start

RPT gives me

Error in expression <

(((_vehType2 select 2) == 1) and (({_x in _group2} count _PlayerUnits) == 0))} >

Error position: <in _group2} count _PlayerUnits) == 0))} >

Error in: Typ Gruppe, erwartet Array,Objekt,Location

File C:\Users\Tonci\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Tonci87\missions\TheForgottenFew.Chernarus\insertionland.sqf, line 50

Hey King Nothing, I´m toying around with the scripts and I think I found a little bug.

If I open InsertionLand.sqf and change Line 29

_convoy = 0;

to

_convoy = 1;

the mission (only Torch Squad assigned) won´t start

RPT gives me

Hi, haven't tested the convoy enabled for a long time, basically I scrapped the idea to implement ai vehicle convoy for obvious reasons. Anyway, took a quick peek at the script, at least the specific error is easily fixable. Where it says

(((_vehType2 select 2) == 1) and (({_x in _group2} count _PlayerUnits) == 0))} do {

replace it with:

(((_vehType2 select 2) == 1) and (({_x in (units _group2)} count _PlayerUnits) == 0))} do {

But won't guarantee 100% functionality even after that because, like I said, haven't used the convoy setting at all.

King, are you planing perhaps, to make lingor version for example? Would be quite awesome, but depends all on you of course ;)

King, are you planing perhaps, to make lingor version for example? Would be quite awesome, but depends all on you of course ;)

I was thinking the same thing and not just for Lingor.

King, how difficult would it be for you to take this concept to other islands?

Hi, haven't tested the convoy enabled for a long time, basically I scrapped the idea to implement ai vehicle convoy for obvious reasons. Anyway, took a quick peek at the script, at least the specific error is easily fixable. Where it says
(((_vehType2 select 2) == 1) and (({_x in _group2} count _PlayerUnits) == 0))} do {

replace it with:

(((_vehType2 select 2) == 1) and (({_x in (units _group2)} count _PlayerUnits) == 0))} do {

But won't guarantee 100% functionality even after that because, like I said, haven't used the convoy setting at all.

Nope, that didn´t work. I can´t select transport vehicels if I choose seperate insertion

Having the experience on porting the campaign to Takistan, I can say that it takes a few days to do it, then test it. The problem with Lingor is mainly the Jungle environment. None of the Russian addons fit it too well, or the concept of Russians defending a Jungle island to begin with. It's a matter of inspiration and having the time to spend few days with it. Maybe I'll port the campaign to other islands at some point, maybe not. Better not promise anything at this point. But thanks for the interest.

@Tonci, That's what I thought. the error message you showed referred to that line, that's all I know. To make it work, I'm afraid I would have to re-examine the whole code behind the convoy script, and make the required fixes and additions. It's not meant to be used for a long time. This needs more work, maybe I'll do it for the next release, if there will be any. But I'll write it to my to-do list.

Having the experience on porting the campaign to Takistan, I can say that it takes a few days to do it, then test it. The problem with Lingor is mainly the Jungle environment. None of the Russian addons fit it too well, or the concept of Russians defending a Jungle island to begin with. It's a matter of inspiration and having the time to spend few days with it. Maybe I'll port the campaign to other islands at some point, maybe not. Better not promise anything at this point. But thanks for the interest.

@Tonci, That's what I thought. the error message you showed referred to that line, that's all I know. To make it work, I'm afraid I would have to re-examine the whole code behind the convoy script, and make the required fixes and additions. It's not meant to be used for a long time. This needs more work, maybe I'll do it for the next release, if there will be any. But I'll write it to my to-do list.

Keep in mind that vehicle groups behave quite well if they consist of the same vehicels and drive in column or close column formation.

Another question: I noticed that vehicle crews seem to have a very low skill setting. They take ages to aim at an enemy and they have a massive spread when they fire.

Where do I have to look for the skill setting of the Insertion and Extraction land vehicels?

Island Panthera would be awesome!

Keep in mind that vehicle groups behave quite well if they consist of the same vehicels and drive in column or close column formation.

Another question: I noticed that vehicle crews seem to have a very low skill setting. They take ages to aim at an enemy and they have a massive spread when they fire.

Where do I have to look for the skill setting of the Insertion and Extraction land vehicels?

i have never had problems with different vehicles types unless you mean all land vehicles for instance. Another thing that helps is having the drivers on safe.

any news?

You should know the rules:

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

Hola!

i have the strange "bug", that no enemies appear at the locations of the missions (tried the first three for several times - the locations are always abandoned). First i thought, it has something to do with the guerilla units - I tried the Takistan version, so it might be related to the SGW Mercenaries. I checked them in the editor, but the units are available there, so i guess this addon is working correctly. Next i checked the rpt file and it gives plenty of error messages about DynamicPosFinder.sqf

some lines of the rpt file:

Error Type Any, expected Number

File missions\__cur_sp.takistan\fnc\DynamicPosFinder.sqf, line 261

Error in expression < 0;

};

if (_posfound == 1) then {

if (surfaceIsWater [(_dynamicPos select 0) ->

Error position: <surfaceIsWater [(_dynamicPos select 0) ->

Error Type Any, expected Number

File missions\__cur_sp.takistan\fnc\DynamicPosFinder.sqf, line 261

Error in expression < 0;

};

I tried to google this error, but it seems, i am the only one getting it(?) - at least i couldnt find anything helpful about it, so i am clueless atm. Has anyone any idea how to solve this issue?

Apart from this little issue i can join the long row and say thanks for the work, King and all helpers, the concept is a great approach and the execution is very cool! Thx for spending your sparetime for this just to make guys like me happy :-)!

Greets

Fat Tony

King, there are already Spetsnaz GRU and OMON units out for arma 3, also making custom bad guys is not a prob with gear system over there. Any plans? :)

Hola!

i have the strange "bug", that no enemies appear at the locations of the missions (tried the first three for several times - the locations are always abandoned). First i thought, it has something to do with the guerilla units - I tried the Takistan version, so it might be related to the SGW Mercenaries. I checked them in the editor, but the units are available there, so i guess this addon is working correctly. Next i checked the rpt file and it gives plenty of error messages about DynamicPosFinder.sqf

some lines of the rpt file:

I tried to google this error, but it seems, i am the only one getting it(?) - at least i couldnt find anything helpful about it, so i am clueless atm. Has anyone any idea how to solve this issue?

Apart from this little issue i can join the long row and say thanks for the work, King and all helpers, the concept is a great approach and the execution is very cool! Thx for spending your sparetime for this just to make guys like me happy :-)!

Greets

Fat Tony

Hi Tony,

The problem doesn't seem to be about the unit addons but the script not finding positions for spawning units for some reason. Like always, I suggest trying to disable all addons that are not obligatory. Best way is to test with the non-addon version without ANY addons and see if the problem is solved. Then start tracking down which addon is causing it. Because 9 times out of 10 the problems are caused by some addons. What arma version are you running? I could test this myself.

Really really good mission, I love it.

Cheers, mate!

King, there are already Spetsnaz GRU and OMON units out for arma 3, also making custom bad guys is not a prob with gear system over there. Any plans? :)

Maybe at some point. I've been very busy lately and haven't had any time for anything like this. But I would definitely be interested in porting this to Arma 3 once it's finished and suitable addons, islands and mods start to come out. I'll take a new look at this matter by then.

Had another try at this but i had a few bugs so had to quit.

I was playing chechnya version with just the addons required, nothing else.

In the 2nd mission, clear the town I was dropped of south of the objective by a BMP, i got out and then the BMP charged into the town, crew turned out - the BMP got hit by an RPG and the crew disembarked, and then killed all AI but 1 and then ran off into the woods.

In the 3rd mission i couldn't find the breifcase and all the camps were placed in trees so i couldnt enter the tents with sandbags sticking up everywhere, then the heli crashed into a tree (i cant download VTACS anywhere!), then i thought screw the briefcase ill drive back to base but nothing happened when i got there.

gonna try again now but running some other stuff (truemods, JSRS, Blastcore and ASR AI)

One thing i dont like about the campaign is i cant choose my loadout in enough detail, what if i want a groza sd scope with RPG, and what about taking flares and different grenades?

but other than that, great campaign!!! thanks :)

Had another try at this but i had a few bugs so had to quit.

I was playing chechnya version with just the addons required, nothing else.

In the 2nd mission, clear the town I was dropped of south of the objective by a BMP, i got out and then the BMP charged into the town, crew turned out - the BMP got hit by an RPG and the crew disembarked, and then killed all AI but 1 and then ran off into the woods.

In the 3rd mission i couldn't find the breifcase and all the camps were placed in trees so i couldnt enter the tents with sandbags sticking up everywhere, then the heli crashed into a tree (i cant download VTACS anywhere!), then i thought screw the briefcase ill drive back to base but nothing happened when i got there.

gonna try again now but running some other stuff (truemods, JSRS, Blastcore and ASR AI)

One thing i dont like about the campaign is i cant choose my loadout in enough detail, what if i want a groza sd scope with RPG, and what about taking flares and different grenades?

but other than that, great campaign!!! thanks :)

Hey man,

Thanks for trying it out. About the 2nd mission, I'm not sure what you're trying to tell there nor what the issue was.

3rd mission: The briefcase has always been within the camp area when I've played it. Sometime it's just harder to spot. It could be laying on grass after an arty barrage or an explosion has tossed it few meters away from it's original position. About VFTCAS, it's right here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8118

Thanks for trying it out. About the 2nd mission, I'm not sure what you're trying to tell there nor what the issue was.

instead of turning around and going back to base after dropping me off the bmp drove into the target town and the ai BMP crew managed to kill all chechens on foot.

About VFTCAS, it's right here:

the downloads disabled by the author.

But did some more today and no problems at all, really top notch ;)

Hehe, maybe the BMP spotted the enemies and even though it had a WP ordering it back to base it decided to engage the enemies before doing so. Usually the 1st and 2nd missions are easy anyway. ;)

That's funny, I wonder why the author wanted to disable that VFTCAS addon. The AI pilots are no good at all without that addon. Maybe he's going to update it shortly or something.

inspired by intro song, i thought, this could be in use for arma 3 version perhaps :p

Well just completed it, chechnya version with a few mods running (ASR AI, blastcore, JSRS, ST Movement, Truemods, VTACS)

And i must say, very well done!

going to play again his week i think. got 82% because bulov was caught in the crossfire (hiding on a watertower lol).

only 1 bug on this playthrough. a very minor one. spark squad always report no enemy contact even though they are being engaged.

cheers for the hours of fun.

I would really like to download the AFRF version of this, but redhammer studios website is down, is there anywhere else to get it?