KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

I run the same addons minus ACE plu some others like jtd_fire smoke and dynamic shouts. Damn, wish I could figure this out....

Just cut out some of the addons until it works nicely. The mission is that good that you don't need addons really.

I run the same addons minus ACE plu some others like jtd_fire smoke and dynamic shouts. Damn, wish I could figure this out....

Is there anyway, you could make extra ACE version of this? With few ACE weapons and scripts. I'm playing addon free version with ACE, but it seems not do much compared to playing without ACE.

Thanks.

I haven't used ACE myself so much and therefore making a proper ACE version would need extra work for me. This is currently on the top of my list so it needs to wait. Sorry for that.

Hold the press!! Sad to say missions still hang at load, both add-on and non-.

First mission always loads in 20-30 seconds, but after completion of first mission, the second always freezes at either the two dots at mission generation or at 100% mission generation.

i have about 50 SP missions and SP Campaigns and none freeze/hang, so I don't know why this one does...

Ok, could you send me the last rpt file log comments next time you get the freeze at mission preparation (the one with the dots), or if you still happen to find the position in the rpt file when it freezed. I need the log comments such as the following ones (village raid mission in this case):

"VillageRaid Prepare: 1"

"VillageRaid Prepare: 2"

"VillageRaid Prepare: 3"

"VillageRaid Prepare: 4"

"VillageRaid Prepare: 5"

"VillageRaid Prepare: 6"

"VillageRaid Prepare: 7"

"VillageRaid Prepare: 8"

When the mission freezes the log comments tells at which point it freezed and couldn't continue. This helps me find the problem. Thanks.

I haven't used ACE myself so much and therefore making a proper ACE version would need extra work for me. This is currently on the top of my list so it needs to wait. Sorry for that.

ah, nice to hear it bro, i can wait as long as needed :)

Ok, could you send me the last rpt file log comments next time you get the freeze at mission preparation (the one with the dots), or if you still happen to find the position in the rpt file when it freezed. I need the log comments such as the following ones (village raid mission in this case):

When the mission freezes the log comments tells at which point it freezed and couldn't continue. This helps me find the problem. Thanks.

While I am trying to find a way to send you my RPT, I looked at it and I get a lot of entrieas about this:

Addon vilcacharacters2repl (entry RU_Soldier_Crew) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon vilcacharacters2repl (entry RU_Soldier_Crew) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon vilcacharacters2repl (entry RU_Soldier) not found in the list of active addons.

I don't have any of Vila's addons....should I ? They are not required according to campaign requirements...

Thanks for your help on this btw.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

I have the rpt file but can't figure out how to pm it to you..it's too large...

loving this campaign so damn much...:) just one question: is it possible to somehow enable the BI first aid module?

Did you remove the "time skip" for the ground transportation? I tried a mission yesterday and I had to sit out the entire ride across the map...

Did you remove the "time skip" for the ground transportation? I tried a mission yesterday and I had to sit out the entire ride across the map...

happened to me only when mission was close to the base, else i've been always teleported, but still way to far from extraction point.

KingNothing has alot on his plate atm, im sure he'll get around to fixing stuff soon ;)

loving this campaign so damn much...:) just one question: is it possible to somehow enable the BI first aid module?

I like the first aid module but I'm afraid it's not feasible in this case. From what I've gathered the module does not work on freshly spawned units (synchronize command does not have an effect) and apparently it's prone to breaking when respawning in multiplayer. Since it's a very picky module system it's very hard/impossible to incorporate these otherwise fine effects. I guess it's designed to be used only on conventional missions without any spawning/respawning features. :/

Any word on my rpt file yet....? :)

Yeah I checked it out. Apparently the freeze happened twice within the rpt event scope, both in "weapons cache" mission types. Somehow it failed to search a suitable place and spawn the weapons cache. I tried to run this mission type myself and I had no problems. However, your rpt was spammed with huge amounts of addon related errors. It seems like you're running a lot of addons am I right? Maybe this freeze had something to do with them. Try to leave out all unnecessary addons and try again. I'm quite sure it will work then. I can't think of anything else.

Yeah that happens sometimes. For some reason the skip point finding script failes to run through and the skip will be... skipped. This is very annoying indeed and I have to debug this issue and find out what's causing it. Only then I can fix it. And as I've said, the skip point is far(ish) away from the mission objective because you may unexpectedly run into an enemy hot spot during the insertion. Skipping further away would be "cheating".

Great news!! I removed and cleaned up several addons I had remaining in my root folder C:/ArmA2/Addons and now its working just fine.

Thanks for checking out my rpt. It was my error, not the missions.

I am very relieved now i can play my favourite mission.

Great news!! I removed and cleaned up several addons I had remaining in my root folder C:/ArmA2/Addons and now its working just fine.

Thanks for checking out my rpt. It was my error, not the missions.

I am very relieved now i can play my favourite mission.

Ok, great to hear that! :)

Let me say that the amount of work, skill and attention to detail that the author put in is admirable.

Instead of listing what I found brilliant I would like to point out what almost ruined the whole experience for me:

The pathfinding of the infiltration/extraction ground vehicles is abominable. Every bend of the road slows

the car down to a crawl, and once an obstacle is encountered or, behold, a town entered, the AI behaves

like it just suffered multiple strokes.

I assume that the author has little control over the AI's stupidity, so maybe it might be feasible to let the player be the driver.

I literarily spent minutes (including time compression) watching the demented driver inching around nonexistent obstacles only to hit a house head on.

It's just a moodkiller to lead Spetznatz into battle and then getting a ride home from Abe Simpson.

Also, it would be great to have some control over the direction of entry/exit. Having to travel at least 3km ingame through possible enemy hotspots

is well thought out. But the direction seems to be almost always the opposite of what would be prudent.

But anyway, King Nothing gave us a wonderful campaign, thank you!

I haven't played the mission yet (soon though and in coop with my clan) but, if you can (you have to be squad leader and the driver has to be part of your squad), order the driver into a state of Safe. If he is in Aware or worse, in Danger, he'll drive like Miss Daisy :(

I haven't played the mission yet (soon though and in coop with my clan) but, if you can (you have to be squad leader and the driver has to be part of your squad), order the driver into a state of Safe. If he is in Aware or worse, in Danger, he'll drive like Miss Daisy :(

Unless I am mistaken, since I haven't played a recent version, the AI are not part of your group and there is no way to take control of them. They are scripted as part of the mission so they will act the way the Arma engine allows them to act.

I've never had much of a problem with them except for a couple small incidents.

Yes, Delta is correct.

But I wonder what is different that his experience was better. I'm not using mods and played it with one of the latest betas, I think 95054.

I have to admit, it has the power to amuse: the BTR-90 rushed to a scene which required urgent backup but had to stop,

waiting for the save passage of a BUNNY :cool:

Just a little bug that doesn't really effect anything but in multiplayer the base radio music gets 'doubled up' it only happens after the first mission

Imho leave AI driving as it is, you can't really do anything to improve it. What is more frustrating: Insertion vehicels are borderline stupid when they encounter enemys. I don't know what you did to them but somehow they always hesitate to shoot the enemy...

Wow, I love this. The intro stuff literally gave me shivers and almost made me wanna tear up. The music and the russian voice acting is great, it gets you into that war feel that's going on there. The random generation each time you start a new mission makes this endlessly fun, not to mention the way you deploy and all that... all missions should have that, this is even better than the vanilla campaign. Thanks for it.

The only thing I hate is how AI drives sometimes but then again that's Arma's pathfinding =D :yay: