KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

so, the next week is going, any status? :-P

Hmm it will maybe take another week for me to fix and check a couple of things and then put all together for uploading. Thanks for the enthusiasm but patience my dear. :p

Hmm it will maybe take another week for me to fix and check a couple of things and then put all together for uploading. Thanks for the enthusiasm but patience my dear. :p

its alright, thx for reply! I do prefer to wait a bit, but then have a more optimized release. :d

Hi all!

Here is the latest build with a remarkable new feature: Multiplayer. Another thing I'd like to highlight is that the non-addon version now needs Combined operations since I wanted it to include OA weapons, units, objects etc and I think by now almost everyone has OA. So if you don't have it, get it already for christs sake! Heh.

In addition, this time I paid extra attention to stability fixing bugs. I apologize for some critical bugs that freezed the game, I had previously pretty much only played the addon version and just quick converted it into non-addon before uploading unnoticing some bugs that lured inside. Hopefully both version now are stable enough to enjoy the campaign and not be afraid of game breaking bugs. Still, I haven't intensively tested through both version after some "last minute" fixes and changes but I think it should work just fine like before these latest changes.

Go and enjoy this campaign with some friends! The campaign has gone through some testing in MP but I'd like to know if the campaign plays fine in a dedicated server. Let me know if theres something to fix like always. Have fun!

Build 053B Change log:

•NEW: Multiplayer mode

• For up to 12 players

• One player is the Platoon Commander, other players are subordinates in Torch and Spark squads

• Restricted interface for subordinates to view the mission plan while the platoon commander plans the mission execution

• Upon dying the player enters a spectating mode and waits for the next mission

• After a mission is finished and another begins, all died & respawned players rejoins the squads in available non-human player slots

• Campaign is failed if all Torch squad (commanding squad) members die

• English version for all players, no russian text translations allowed for compatibility reasons

• Parameters for difficulty and civilian rarity.

• No Intro/Outro cutscenes

• No JIP

•NEW: Reworked weather particle effects

•NEW: Possibility of player and platoon members having a camo face paint applied, randomized in every mission

•NEW: 4 new ambient radio chatter tracks in base

•NEW: "Campaign Rules" and "Multiplayer Rules" added to Notes section

•NEW: Possibility of enemy units carrying smoke grenades

•NEW: Non-addon version: Revised selectable loadouts for player units featuring OA weapons

•NEW: Non-addon version: New loadouts for enemy featuring OA weapons

•NEW: Non-addon version: New enemy OA units

•NEW: Non-addon version: Grass cutter objects applied to base area

•CHANGED: Support for stand-alone Arma 2 removed, OA now obligatory

•CHANGED: Invulnerable pilots when embarked for Hind and Hokum to simulate bullet-proof canopy windows

•CHANGED: Improved aiming for AI platoon members

•CHANGED: Further lengthened CAS missions.

•CHANGED: Improved animations for mission planning scene

•CHANGED: Enemy outposts and patrols avoid hostile (player-side) areas

•CHANGED: The volume of base jukebox music tracks increased

•CHANGED: Hideout mission type: Prisoner rescue objective ticked succesful once prisoners are released

•CHANGED: The possibility of enemy officer wielding a golden AK is decreased

•CHANGED: Some of the english platoon member names changed to more traditional Russian ones

•FIXED: Freeze in mission generation related to reinforcements position finding

•FIXED: Freeze in mission generation related to spawning unmanned enemy vehicles

•FIXED: Problem with ground extraction vehicles not arriving

•FIXED: Russian version: Wrong call variable name in mission plan dialog causing a failure to update any changes

•FIXED: Extraction dialog window became available after opening/closing the fire support window

•FIXED: Force boarding transport vehicles for AI units

•FIXED: The crew of armored ground transport is now correctly tank crew class instead of soldier class

•FIXED: Hideout mission type: Possibility of prisoners not spawning if second time having a prisoner rescue mission

•FIXED: Ambush mission type: All friendly units already dead when the mission starts

•FIXED: Ambush mission type: Friendly officer had enemy class loadout

•FIXED: Squad members starting inside the base, away from the leader when the mission starts

•FIXED: Enemy at-ease animations

•FIXED: Extraction helicopter reported RTB when switched from CAS to extraction

•FIXED: Hint for helicopter insertion

•FIXED: Numerous other minor fixes and optimizations

Chechnya Addon Version 1.3 Change log

•NEW: Anti-tank and Demolitions loadouts come with a backpack with additional rockets and satchel charges

•CHANGED: Platoon members use either a balaclava or camouflage paint

Edited by King Nothing

Wow, sounds fantastic!!!! Although as expected From King Nothing.

Thanks again, even with DayZ i didnt forgot this great misson. gonna test.

*gasp* multiplayer!? I have got to try this out (if only i can get my friends back on)

thanks alot!

edit: a little problem. I use the addon free version, but I replaced the units with Col stag GRU units, but in the MP version of the mission, I spawn as the default FSB soldier. why is that? in the single player version i am the correct model that i set in the unit list

I am assuming that the single mission file goes in both the missions and MPmissions folder, and that those two are the same config wise

Edited by That guy

*gasp* multiplayer!? I have got to try this out (if only i can get my friends back on)

thanks alot!

edit: a little problem. I use the addon free version, but I replaced the units with Col stag GRU units, but in the MP version of the mission, I spawn as the default FSB soldier. why is that? in the single player version i am the correct model that i set in the unit list

I am assuming that the single mission file goes in both the missions and MPmissions folder, and that those two are the same config wise

Ah yes, good point, I should have informed about this. Because the player slots you see in the multiplayer lobby need an already existing unit on the mission map, I had to insert these units on the map for multiplayer purposes. In single-player the player and AI unit classes are spawned during the mission so that's why it works there. So, you have to go and open the mission in the editor and redefine the classes of the player and playable units named ph1-12. This is a little awkward compared to how easily the other unit classes can be redefined but that's how multiplayer works.

Wow impressive list of fixes. Has some kind of medical system been introduced? If not, How can I set up BIS Medic Module for SP?

We played 053B+addons version with about six ARPS people today for a couple of hours. This is one of the best small playercount missions I've ever played, thanks for making it work in multiplayer! All the effort and polish put into it really shows. The only bug we encountered was that sometimes when exiting the insertion vehicle some players' weapons would reset back to what I assume were class defaults.

One small request: any chance of an option in MP that would let you start playing from say, 3rd mission onwards, to get straight into the more challenging missions?

We didn't play on dedicated this time but will definitely do so in the future. Will report any findings and possible issues. Again, huge thanks!

The mission is great but, if possible, please remove the ground transportation. The AI drivers are all crazy/stupid breaking the imersion sometimes, or give the player the possibility to drive. I was at mission 4 when i got stuck by the driver that didn´t know where to go, i decided to go out and kill kim of anger.

Edited by Geraldus

i decided to go out and kill kim of anger.

Hahaha! Sorry, that was funny, you have to admit.

oh damn, finally! Lol not going to say, this was the next thing i was waiting for arma, after arma 3 alpha :D, this campaign is so what amazing, just can't find the words for it. ПроÑто ахуитительно! ))))

Man, I just stumbled upon this and I must say, this is by far one of the finest missions/campaigns I've ever played!

I got about 2 missions into the campaign, ended up booting up accidentally with all my mods (no clue how that happened), and then had to restart clean. And the second time I played through, it was 2 entirely different missions! You're right, this is a highly replayable campaign. Also, I have been wanting to find a good MVD-focused scenario, and I have found it.

Now, I haven't combed through all 47 pages of feedback, but all I want to know is- how do we apply this framework so that you can play this on any island?

Incredible work, King Nothing!

Edited by h34dup

Wonderful !!! I always had a problem with hangs and crashes during mission loading, with waits up to 15 minutes to load a mission to 100%, but tried it last night and zero problems and very short load times. I just miss the historical value of the old Chechen war Russians with Sphera helmets and winter clothing....

Wow, now with MP! Perfect time to revisit your astoundingly good mission King Nothing!

Ok, been playing this since the first version, I love it. But my ka-52 always is going down in this version. I have used it twice when allowed on one mission (a convoy mission) It went down early, I continue to play and realized I was going to need her. So I reverted back before ther ka-52 had crashed. Beat it with out the ka-52 and continued on with the campaign. (now I have the ka-52 avaliable still.) We have to clear a enemy camp (big camp) on in the hills. I call in plenty of arty before we even arrive. Followed by the ka-52 for a c.a.s run it was destroying everything in its path as it arrived just as we did near the objective point. It continued kicking ass, for a good while. But eventually crashed, was shot down (The briefing said no AA), or ran out of fuel. As this is really the best attack chopper besides the hind in my posession to use. I do not want to continue on with out it. Now to figure out if this is a bug where the chopper does not stop the cas, and eventually runs out of gas or wrecks.

Ok, been playing this since the first version, I love it. But my ka-52 always is going down in this version. I have used it twice when allowed on one mission (a convoy mission) It went down early, I continue to play and realized I was going to need her. So I reverted back before ther ka-52 had crashed. Beat it with out the ka-52 and continued on with the campaign. (now I have the ka-52 avaliable still.) We have to clear a enemy camp (big camp) on in the hills. I call in plenty of arty before we even arrive. Followed by the ka-52 for a c.a.s run it was destroying everything in its path as it arrived just as we did near the objective point. It continued kicking ass, for a good while. But eventually crashed, was shot down (The briefing said no AA), or ran out of fuel. As this is really the best attack chopper besides the hind in my posession to use. I do not want to continue on with out it. Now to figure out if this is a bug where the chopper does not stop the cas, and eventually runs out of gas or wrecks.

Maybe the AI crashed it into a hillside. Happens quite often and is related to the AI.

I've found a quite serious bug in the non-addon version. There's a wrong classname in the unitslibrary that might cause the mission generation to freeze. This problem doesn't exist in the addon version. Good thing is that the bug can be fixed quite easily by you:

-> unpbo the scenario file

-> open up UnitsLibrary.sqf

-> line 360, inside S_Unmanned array, replace "Ural" with "Ural_INS"

-> line 361, inside the same array, replace "UralOpen" with "UralOpen_INS"

-> repbo and it's fixed

I suggest you to do this since I don't know when the next release will be. Sorry for this.

How do i un-pbo the mission file? Never had to do this, and I'm not a mission builder....

We just tried to play the addon version on dedicated server, had no problems with up to 7 people but with 9-10 the mission froze every time after finishing the planning phase, we waited for ten minutes or so on the loading screen without any progress.

Wow impressive list of fixes. Has some kind of medical system been introduced? If not, How can I set up BIS Medic Module for SP?

No I haven't yet. I haven't figured out how to implement this yet as it's a bit complicated because I haven't used this before and the units are respawned in every mission. But I'll check this out when I continue working on this again at some point.

The mission is great but, if possible, please remove the ground transportation. The AI drivers are all crazy/stupid breaking the imersion sometimes, or give the player the possibility to drive. I was at mission 4 when i got stuck by the driver that didn´t know where to go, i decided to go out and kill kim of anger.

Hah, yeah I feel you. I've also shouted at the AI driver a couple of times also just to let out some steam. But removing the whole ground transport concept would be way too much work at this point. Maybe Arma 3 will introduce sober AI drivers so the bug will be fixed by then. Let's hope so.

oh damn, finally! Lol not going to say, this was the next thing i was waiting for arma, after arma 3 alpha :D, this campaign is so what amazing, just can't find the words for it. ПроÑто ахуитительно! ))))

Spasiba! Great to hear that. Enjoy it, mate.

Man, I just stumbled upon this and I must say, this is by far one of the finest missions/campaigns I've ever played!

I got about 2 missions into the campaign, ended up booting up accidentally with all my mods (no clue how that happened), and then had to restart clean. And the second time I played through, it was 2 entirely different missions! You're right, this is a highly replayable campaign. Also, I have been wanting to find a good MVD-focused scenario, and I have found it.

Now, I haven't combed through all 47 pages of feedback, but all I want to know is- how do we apply this framework so that you can play this on any island?

Incredible work, King Nothing!

Thanks a ton!

Yeah I've thought a great deal of converting this campaign on takistan but at this point I want the campaign work well before starting to split the concept to different environments and that way burdening further my work when doing updates. I'll look into this a bit later.

Wonderful !!! I always had a problem with hangs and crashes during mission loading, with waits up to 15 minutes to load a mission to 100%, but tried it last night and zero problems and very short load times. I just miss the historical value of the old Chechen war Russians with Sphera helmets and winter clothing....

Ok this is good news, good to hear that this freezing problems are giving up now after these fixes. And yeah, I'd like to further cover the chechen theme which is a fresh breezer but there's no such addons AFAIK and I'm not an addon maker. But maybe some day when there are appropriate addons.

Wow, now with MP! Perfect time to revisit your astoundingly good mission King Nothing!

Thanks! Enjoy the MP and please report if you find anything which shouldn't be there.

Yeah, as Tonci suggested, could be the AI being a poor pilot. Try the VFTCAS addon which remarkable reduces these situations. Enjoy.

How do i un-pbo the mission file? Never had to do this, and I'm not a mission builder....

Nor you have to do it, stop digging old posts :D. This post was made before I updated the campaign to 053B. The bug is fixed in the latest build.

We played 053B+addons version with about six ARPS people today for a couple of hours. This is one of the best small playercount missions I've ever played, thanks for making it work in multiplayer! All the effort and polish put into it really shows. The only bug we encountered was that sometimes when exiting the insertion vehicle some players' weapons would reset back to what I assume were class defaults.

One small request: any chance of an option in MP that would let you start playing from say, 3rd mission onwards, to get straight into the more challenging missions?

We didn't play on dedicated this time but will definitely do so in the future. Will report any findings and possible issues. Again, huge thanks!

We just tried to play the addon version on dedicated server, had no problems with up to 7 people but with 9-10 the mission froze every time after finishing the planning phase, we waited for ten minutes or so on the loading screen without any progress.

Thanks for enjoying, and cheers for reporting on multiplayer sessions, valuable feedback regarding campaign development.

At the moment I don't have a clue what is causing this freeze. Is it maybe the dedicated server causing it? Because earlier you didn't play with dedi when it played fine. Let's do this. I check those lines of code one by one if I could figure it out. If not, I will add some log comments that can be found in the rpt file. If and when you run into this freeze, check the rpt and tell what the last comment is. That could be a way to hunt down the cause for this, because I don't have a possibility in playing with such amount of players. This is when I update the campaign once again.

Is there anyway, you could make extra ACE version of this? With few ACE weapons and scripts. I'm playing addon free version with ACE, but it seems not do much compared to playing without ACE.

Thanks.

Hold the press!! Sad to say missions still hang at load, both add-on and non-.

First mission always loads in 20-30 seconds, but after completion of first mission, the second always freezes at either the two dots at mission generation or at 100% mission generation.

i have about 50 SP missions and SP Campaigns and none freeze/hang, so I don't know why this one does...

BlackADD3R can't confirm this. I haven't tested the add on version yet, but in SP or MP with a friend, it works perfect, no freezes or long loading, even with JSRS+WARFX+ASR_AI+ACE. As always, ground transport takes a while, but at least it's always there. Thankfully ACE map markers, actually i can see transport coming, knowing it's not stuck somewhere...