KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

well my corei5 2500k is fast enough, i think :). I waited about a minute, and maybe longer.

Yeah and I was just fiddeling with my campaign and the positions finding took just about a second so now it takes a lot less. Can't tell for sure what it is that causes the freeze you mentioned.

---------- Post added at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

The insertion and extraction vehicels are always driven by the RU_suldier model, that looks a little bit weird on armored vehicels. Is it possible to replace it with RU_Soldier_Crew?

Maybe by adding a FArmorCrew Array?

There's more to do with the ground vehicle extraction thing than adding a line or two and I need to improve it still. I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the next release, it's better that way. Saves time for me. I'm sure you'll understand.

Yeah and I was just fiddeling with my campaign and the positions finding took just about a second so now it takes a lot less. Can't tell for sure what it is that causes the freeze you mentioned.

---------- Post added at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

There's more to do with the ground vehicle extraction thing than adding a line or two and I need to improve it still. I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the next release, it's better that way. Saves time for me. I'm sure you'll understand.

i wonder if you could make in next version, compatible with ACE.

It is compatible with ACE. WEll ok there is one thing that is weird: The disposable launchers. If you take an RPG-18 and shoot it, you will not drop it like you normally do in ACE but you can reload and reuse it. I don´t know why this happens and it is no big deal.

Now that Cl Stagler has updated his GRU units, which unit replacements do you recommend?

Now that Cl Stagler has updated his GRU units, which unit replacements do you recommend?

Um, I don't understand your question. Update your GRU addon and continue from there maybe?

Glad you're still working on this mission King Nothing! Definitely one of my favorite missions/campaigns of all-time, was hoping you hadn't left the project for a while there. Anyway, just wanted to report a couple of bugs I've been having with your Chechnya addon version, I've been getting mission hangs after briefing where the screen states "Mission starting" and nothing happens from there. More or less usually occurs (at least to me) during joint operations with Spark. It may have happened at the start of other types of the campaign missions as well but mainly during joint ops like I said. Also another bug I encountered (and this one is probably my fault) was when I called for extraction, my Specnaz was trying to call in for ground extraction all the while I was trying to issue orders to my squad to "keep low/spread out etc" and at that moment due to circumstances I couldn't wait for the call to be completed so I gave the team orders during and forced my Specnaz to keep repeating the call to complete it. Yeah I know, I should've just completed the call AND THEN gave orders but yeah, a small bug I witnessed nonetheless. So long story short, no ground extraction ever showed up after my repeated attempts to call it in. After the call, the option for extraction (0-0-3) would disappear and I'd go over to fire support (0-0-5), cancel out of that and the option for extraction would show up in the menu once again. To reiterate, after repeated calls in that manner no extraction still ever showed up. Better to just run out 2 clicks away from the AO and have the mission end that way in that case? Again, GLAD you're still working on this great campaign. Thanks, sorry for the long post and more problems lol. Running a relatively fast PC btw, slightly overclocked i5 2500k CPU, 12 GB RAM, and Crucial SSD w/ Windows 7 64-bit OS.

Update: Also Non-addon version, no ground extraction picking my team up after completing first mission. Never showed. Happened during another joint ops mission with Spark (still not sure if mission specific however). v.52b for both situations.

Edited by DeltaFiveOne
Update

It would be a nice idea i think, if you could call a airstrike from two Su-25 in some Missions instead of artillery

TFF Gameplay, capture Bulov

Nice video Tonci, thanks, smoothly done! Once question though: What the heck is lagging the scripts in that vid? You can see the lag especially when you assign the LZ and the marker animation comes in. It's like from a slow motion film. It shouldn't be like that. Is it ACE? I once had immense lag like this starting to occur over time when I was using the BIS ALICE module. Then I found out it was this module and when I removed it everything worked smooth again.

Glad you're still working on this mission King Nothing! Definitely one of my favorite missions/campaigns of all-time, was hoping you hadn't left the project for a while there. Anyway, just wanted to report a couple of bugs I've been having with your Chechnya addon version, I've been getting mission hangs after briefing where the screen states "Mission starting" and nothing happens from there. More or less usually occurs (at least to me) during joint operations with Spark. It may have happened at the start of other types of the campaign missions as well but mainly during joint ops like I said. Also another bug I encountered (and this one is probably my fault) was when I called for extraction, my Specnaz was trying to call in for ground extraction all the while I was trying to issue orders to my squad to "keep low/spread out etc" and at that moment due to circumstances I couldn't wait for the call to be completed so I gave the team orders during and forced my Specnaz to keep repeating the call to complete it. Yeah I know, I should've just completed the call AND THEN gave orders but yeah, a small bug I witnessed nonetheless. So long story short, no ground extraction ever showed up after my repeated attempts to call it in. After the call, the option for extraction (0-0-3) would disappear and I'd go over to fire support (0-0-5), cancel out of that and the option for extraction would show up in the menu once again. To reiterate, after repeated calls in that manner no extraction still ever showed up. Better to just run out 2 clicks away from the AO and have the mission end that way in that case? Again, GLAD you're still working on this great campaign. Thanks, sorry for the long post and more problems lol. Running a relatively fast PC btw, slightly overclocked i5 2500k CPU, 12 GB RAM, and Crucial SSD w/ Windows 7 64-bit OS.

Update: Also Non-addon version, no ground extraction picking my team up after completing first mission. Never showed. Happened during another joint ops mission with Spark (still not sure if mission specific however). v.52b for both situations.

Thanks alot for your report and the nice words. I have to investigaste the hang in the mission start sequence. I haven't experienced this myself. And nice find about the reappearing of the extraction menu if you open & close the fire support menu. I have fixed this. About the rest, I'm aware of these and I'm currently fixing/already fixed them.

It would be a nice idea i think, if you could call a airstrike from two Su-25 in some Missions instead of artillery

I have thought about this but it means some work. I'm currently busy with other stuff so I won't add this feature anytime soon. But let's see.

when you assign the LZ and the marker animation comes in. It's like from a slow motion film. It shouldn't be like that. Is it ACE?

I have the exact same slow marker placement and im using ACE, so I guess it might be, I need to test without TBH.

Well I have modified the Mission and included ALICE, and I use ACE. The Scriptlag gets much worse if you save, shut down the PC and continue the mission another day.

CPU i7 2600k, weaker CPU´s would have much more trouble I guess.

I was very lucky that the enemy didn´t have any AA Systems, otherwise the plan wouldn´t have worked. Sneak up on them, storm and secure HVT, extract. Leave only dead bodies, havoc and confusion.

ASR_AI really helps with night missions. The enemys detection range is reduced at night.

Well I have modified the Mission and included ALICE, and I use ACE. The Scriptlag gets much worse if you save, shut down the PC and continue the mission another day.

CPU i7 2600k, weaker CPU´s would have much more trouble I guess.

I was very lucky that the enemy didn´t have any AA Systems, otherwise the plan wouldn´t have worked. Sneak up on them, storm and secure HVT, extract. Leave only dead bodies, havoc and confusion.

ASR_AI really helps with night missions. The enemys detection range is reduced at night.

Oh so it WAS Alice. Why did you add it? I have included a much comp friendlier script of my own which works basically just like Alice, except more active car traffic. If you want more civilians there's values for that that can be changed easily. Just letting you know.

Oh so it WAS Alice. Why did you add it? I have included a much comp friendlier script of my own which works basically just like Alice, except more active car traffic. If you want more civilians there's values for that that can be changed easily. Just letting you know.

Oh I didn´t know that....

Well I guess i´ll throw it out then.

Wich values are you talking about?

Oh I didn´t know that....

Well I guess i´ll throw it out then.

Wich values are you talking about?

Open up CivInit.sqf, see the first values on the top, they are commented. Be carefull with the rarity values, if you set them too low the whole place will be filled with civilians with nasty performance cut, heh. You can also reset the spawn/despawn radius values as you see fit.

When I have time and add the campaign settings window I have talked about, I will include some sliders for easy adjusting of civilian rarity and spawn radius.

Cool thanks.

Another issue: Could you please raise the skill level of the transport crew? They are literally brain dead if they encounter enemys. Often they won´t even shoot at them.

Cool thanks.

Another issue: Could you please raise the skill level of the transport crew? They are literally brain dead if they encounter enemys. Often they won´t even shoot at them.

Well they are always brain dead aren't they, especially the driver. But I've now set their skill to 1 except aiming if that helps anything.

Ok after a hundred cups of coffee and a few headaches I'm ready to make an announcement about the probably biggest update so far which will feature multiplayer compatibility. I thought this concept deserves to be converted to be enjoyed with some friends. The MP features are:

• For up to 12 players
  • One player is the Platoon Commander, other players are subordinates in Torch and Spark squads
  • Restricted interface for subordinates to view the mission plan while the platoon commander plans the mission execution
  • Upon dying the player enters a spectating mode and waits for the next mission
  • After a mission is finished and another begins, all died & respawned players rejoins the squads in available non-human player slots
  • Campaign is failed if all Torch squad (commanding squad) members die
  • English version for all players, no russian text translations allowed for compatibility reasons
  • No Intro/Outro cutscenes
  • No JIP

The next build also features a lot of bug fixes and few improvements, such as remade weather particle effects. It will still take some time for me to finish the MP version and test and wrap this up. Hope you are glad to hear about this big step forward. Stay tuned.

Ok after a hundred cups of coffee and a few headaches I'm ready to make an announcement about the probably biggest update so far which will feature multiplayer compatibility. I thought this concept deserves to be converted to be enjoyed with some friends. The MP features are:

• For up to 12 players
  • One player is the Platoon Commander, other players are subordinates in Torch and Spark squads
  • Restricted interface for subordinates to view the mission plan while the platoon commander plans the mission execution
  • Upon dying the player enters a spectating mode and waits for the next mission
  • After a mission is finished and another begins, all died & respawned players rejoins the squads in available non-human player slots
  • Campaign is failed if all Torch squad (commanding squad) members die
  • English version for all players, no russian text translations allowed for compatibility reasons
  • No Intro/Outro cutscenes
  • No JIP

The next build also features a lot of bug fixes and few improvements, such as remade weather particle effects. It will still take some time for me to finish the MP version and test and wrap this up. Hope you are glad to hear about this big step forward. Stay tuned.

Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work and support of this project King Nothing.

+1 This campaign has really evolved into something special

omgg yesss! MP version, thats me and my buddy were waiting most! We are "crazy" enough to play it together in skype, to find out who is best spetsnaz from us :p

This is one of the best missions/campaigns around! Thanks King Nothing :-)

I have one recurring problem with the Ground Transportation though: they never show up at the extraction point. The request extraction command seems to work, I select an extraction point on the map, radio traffic suggest a vehicle should be on its way. However, it never arrives. I can't see any marker on the map moving towards me either (not sure whether that's supposed to be in).

Playing with ACE and ASR AI. Please let me know if those are the problem, or anything else you may be aware of.

Thanks!

Doomguy

I can confirm this problem with Ground Transportation. Same here, without ACE or ASR or anything like that. In fact this is only a small inconvenience to me. In such case I just "borrow" some nearby random civil ural or something and ride away with my team. Mission ends when distance to action area is sufficiently large (2 km?). BTW - indeed, this mission is very high quality. I feel the immensity of work involved - with great effect. Damn good.

Yeah, thanks for the report. Don't worry, the ground extraction should be fixed already.

I will release the new build next week. This will be the biggest update so far. The Multiplayer brings a whole new level. I've done intensive testing with it with a friend of mine and it was a blast. It was huge fun trying to survive and complete objectives with a friend instead of only AI. It has been a rough road crawling through the script files and redoing a lot of things but it has definately been worth it.

There will also be a lot of bug fixes and the campaign should be more stable. Also some new features is included as I have previously stated. Especially the weather effects look better. This same friend of mine is testing both of the campaign versions in SP as we speak and after then I'll wrap them up and upload them. Should be another week or so.