KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

very good! no bugs so far, but the BTR-90 did get stuck at an unopenable gate to the south east of the northern airport (more a troublesome circumstance).

although something i would like is a "screw this, its too dangerous!" option for handling missions. like finding your self facing a reenforced tank platoon with only me and my 5 guys with 2 RPGs. and being cut to bits time and time again by said tank platoon.

volenteerily withdrawing, and failing the mission and its objectives in-favor of keeping your guys alive should be an option. to get it working, i guess you could add a command to the radio for "abort mission". once you call it in, all mission objectives are set as failure and you need to exit the mission area on foot. that is something that really is sorely missing in all arma missions, the option to run away when severely out matched :p

anyway, awesome work

Makes me sad to see Johnnys Russians go, and im honoured that my dudes are in as a replacement. Nice work KingNothing man.

although something i would like is a "screw this, its too dangerous!" option for handling missions. like finding your self facing a reenforced tank platoon with only me and my 5 guys with 2 RPGs. and being cut to bits time and time again by said tank platoon.

volenteerily withdrawing, and failing the mission and its objectives in-favor of keeping your guys alive should be an option. to get it working, i guess you could add a command to the radio for "abort mission". once you call it in, all mission objectives are set as failure and you need to exit the mission area on foot. that is something that really is sorely missing in all arma missions, the option to run away when severely out matched :p

This is an excellent idea and I would like to add this option, in some misfortunate cases this might be the only option. Although it might seem like a small addition, I will have to implement this to all the mission types, add an exception to the scoring sequence (a serious score penalty should be given for aborting a mission) + all mission types with different objectives must be tested. But I like this idea and will definately look into it. Thanks!

Makes me sad to see Johnnys Russians go, and im honoured that my dudes are in as a replacement. Nice work KingNothing man.

I don't know what happened with johncage, I definately loved the Russian units but there were some errors and they were left unfixed. Hope he will show up some day with some updates. I thought it was time to switch to another great set of units, thanks for the GRU. And for still working on the rebels. Love both of them!

Wow, will try this one out immediately!

Mission completed, was great!

Edited by DaMan3

I don't know what happened with johncage, I definately loved the Russian units but there were some errors and they were left unfixed.

He was suspended for some reason. He was so pissed off with it he never came back and work ceased.

Hi,

I'm trying the addon-on Chechnya version because I want to see all the cool stuff and I like colonel staglers work as well.

Seems that either the T80 or the BTR70 requires Red Hammer Studios Heavy weapons

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13720&highlight=RHS%2BHEAVY%2BWEAPONS

Maybe you can check that just to be sure?

Lastly, any way to get Stagler's Spetsnaz GRU units with head gear and face camo?

Thanks!

Edited by Kommiekat

Hi,

I'm trying the addon-on Chechnya version because I want to see all the cool stuff and I like colonel staglers work as well.

Seems that either the T80 or the BTR70 requires Red Hammer Studios Heavy weapons

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13720&highlight=RHS%2BHEAVY%2BWEAPONS

Maybe you can check that just to be sure?

Lastly, any way to get Stagler's Spetsnaz GRU units with head gear and face camo?

Thanks!

The heavy weapons are needed by the T-80 pack, it says in the armaholic link. I added the link to it to the first post to clear up any confusion.

And yeah sure, I'll consider adding some camo and balaclava for the next release.

The heavy weapons are needed by the T-80 pack, it says in the armaholic link. I added the link to it to the first post to clear up any confusion.

And yeah sure, I'll consider adding some camo and balaclava for the next release.

Whoops! Sorry about that. I guess I didn't read your first page clearly.

Being used to the other units you used before with helmets, it seems odd this time around without them, even though staglers mod is cool in itself.

Thanks for the consideration.

Enjoying this mission of yours!

Forgotten Few hangs at mission load.

Ever since the first release, I am having incredibly long wait times in between missions...in fact most of the time I have to ctrl-ald-del out due to the game not responding, the hard drives stop loading and it's just left hanging.

Am I alone with this, or is it normal?

Running into this problem with both addon version and non.

Using latest edition without old Russians.

Thanks for your help in advance

Thanks for your help in advance

Of all the missions I've played, I've had the least problems with this one and I've got a really low end rig (x32 with physical 4GB ram which means only 3.2GB is being used) and loads of mods going for these missions.

Go for the obvious, defrag you HDD, do any clean sweaping of files, malware and so forth.

There is something from IObit called Game Booster 3. It will close out lots of apps you don't need to give you more ram for your gaming.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply.

I have game booster on quad core Phenom +HD 6870 video card-8GB ram, Win7 64bit, been playing with everything almost all maxed out. Tons of mods too.

Loading wait times are so long.....is it understood to try always the latest beta? Or should I stick to a particular stable version?

..or should I just be more patient and let it load.beyond 10-15 minutes?

Maybe you could try to start the Mission without Mods & Beta Patch, and see if the Problem persists.

..or should I just be more patient and let it load.beyond 10-15 minutes?

Your rig is a GOD compared to mine and I just don't understand why you're having long load times.

I get about 3 to 5 minutes for mission load up (the screen with all the guys on top of and in front of the tank).

The longest waits I get is actually during the game, waiting for land transport during extraction. I've waited 10 mins for that (maybe because of the distance??) so I just got into another nearby vehicle and drove it into base.

I'll keep trying, last night I was running it with a mod called A2Warmod. Maybe I'll try again vanilla, i'll keep eyes out on the forums

thanks

Hi BlackADD3R,

You should definately try to fire up the campaign without any addons first to check that your comp isn't choked up by them. In general, addons slow down the loading sequences depending on the type of the addon. Some people have reported problems while using ACE, like crashes and freezes. Originally I used to play this with a low end machine (by now it would be 5 years old rig with 20-25fps while playing, yay) until I bought a new very high end comp. I have also played this with a laptop and I've never had such long loading times. I actually sped up the loading by optimizing the scripts in one update and with my new rig the first missions takes like 10-20 seconds and the last missions which are a lot heavier with usually a lot more unit and groups takes like 30-60 seconds. In other words you're having some unusual problem and it's hard to say what it is. Something is definately going on there.

It is possible to further speed up the loading by using a loading screen with simulation and user input disabled but then upon a problem this freezes the whole game so I haven't liked it so much.

Thanks King Nothing. I am addicted to your mission by the way. I have followed those historical events in real life and i am amazed that as obscure as they are to the west, someone actually put such effort in incorporating it in a video game.

Played again last night with no addons and mission 1 and 2 loaded up within 30 seconds. I presume its something at my end, I was just scouring the forums to see if anyone else had encountered long wait times. I guess it also depends on the mission types. I have MANY addons on my pc.

I was wondering out of curiosity, how do the players unit differ from Spetsnaz FSB Replacement in as far as responsibilities and duties(here's the link btw:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16528)?

And seems that Chechen Rebels Replacement is out on Armaholic (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16533)

Should we be updating that as well?

cheers

I don't know if my replacements will have any impact on this campaign. I'd recommend to use them only for the Add-on free version of this campaign, though.

The Cechens replacement is only for models, nothing else. Instead of seeing Napa or Chedaki, you will see Stagler's Cechens, but loadouts and capabilities are untouched so I guess it can be used with no troubles.

As for Stagler's MVDs, it's another matter. Besides model replacement, all units have medic and engineer capabilites and carry a backpack, so this is more likely to cause issues, but again, I am not sure.

I started a fesh mission yesterday after getting the replacements and updates of the units and it was all ok for me, I must admit I am not looking at what was changed, I was looking at them as separate downloads as opposed to testing them, but they were running together and mission was fine.

As regards loading times, mine is taking some time to init but then I am using allot of mods, and for that I can live with it and understand why & what its doing before gameplay. After that and the inital save you can pass that issue anyway. I haven't played Arma2 much recently and went back to this one, first mission was hostage rescue, had a flawless time setting up units of fire and flanks of the camp, getting sniper in position and targeting them to specific units, unleashed them and within 2 minutes all AI had done the job without me firing a shot and all were untouched, I love it when a plan comes together.

BTW half my men got injured .... by embarking on a parked bus to get back to LZ of which the AI driver (I know .. fatal idea) trollied the entire thing doing a 3 point turn, lets just say that my medic was busy for all the wrong reasons :)

One of the best SP missions out, in some ways calling it an SP mission limits what it actually its, more like a Ghost Recon 1 Campaign with soldier management.

I hope BIS are studying this for Arma3 ideas, I think most SP missions or at least one should be bundled with Arma 3 in this format.

I would love to see a conversion to US or BAF units with a theme based on these units on other maps, the time gone into this is clear so unsure that would be easy, but it would be great to see. Something like T-FOR MP mission style but scaled to SP and using the same management system.

Edited by mrcash2009

Thanks King Nothing. I am addicted to your mission by the way. I have followed those historical events in real life and i am amazed that as obscure as they are to the west, someone actually put such effort in incorporating it in a video game.

Played again last night with no addons and mission 1 and 2 loaded up within 30 seconds. I presume its something at my end, I was just scouring the forums to see if anyone else had encountered long wait times. I guess it also depends on the mission types. I have MANY addons on my pc.

Yes, 30 seconds sounds good already. The mission load times are highly random as everything else. It doesn't correlate directly with the amount of spawned units because there are a lot of different other factors effecting the load time. There are a lot of scripts analyzing the terrain, wieghting the settings, you get the picture.

I was wondering out of curiosity, how do the players unit differ from Spetsnaz FSB Replacement in as far as responsibilities and duties(here's the link btw:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16528)?

And seems that Chechen Rebels Replacement is out on Armaholic (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16533)

Should we be updating that as well?

cheers

Sure, the FSB fits the campaign world and the "storyline" too. I just preferred the GRU for a more conventional look.

The link you posted is just an automatic replacement version of the Staglers rebels I'm already using in the addon version afaik.

Btw. If you want to tune the set of addons the campaign uses you can quite easily de-pbo the campaign file, change the classnames in UnitsLibrary.sqf to your favourite addons and re-pbo and you're set.

I started a fesh mission yesterday after getting the replacements and updates of the units and it was all ok for me, I must admit I am not looking at what was changed, I was looking at them as separate downloads as opposed to testing them, but they were running together and mission was fine.

As regards loading times, mine is taking some time to init but then I am using allot of mods, and for that I can live with it and understand why & what its doing before gameplay. After that and the inital save you can pass that issue anyway. I haven't played Arma2 much recently and went back to this one, first mission was hostage rescue, had a flawless time setting up units of fire and flanks of the camp, getting sniper in position and targeting them to specific units, unleashed them and within 2 minutes all AI had done the job without me firing a shot and all were untouched, I love it when a plan comes together.

BTW half my men got injured .... by embarking on a parked bus to get back to LZ of which the AI driver (I know .. fatal idea) trollied the entire thing doing a 3 point turn, lets just say that my medic was busy for all the wrong reasons :)

One of the best SP missions out, in some ways calling it an SP mission limits what it actually its, more like a Ghost Recon 1 Campaign with soldier management.

I hope BIS are studying this for Arma3 ideas, I think most SP missions or at least one should be bundled with Arma 3 in this format.

I would love to see a conversion to US or BAF units with a theme based on these units on other maps, the time gone into this is clear so unsure that would be easy, but it would be great to see. Something like T-FOR MP mission style but scaled to SP and using the same management system.

Thanks for the kind words and still glad you're enjoying. And yeah, the AI sucks at driving, that was a bad idea, heh.

The loading times are a bit long, the games way of reading sqf isn't as fast as I would have hope to when I started making this campaign. But I think a little wait between missions is still a totally acceptable trade-off for random, dynamic and enjoyable missions. It's not like typical arma players are these typical ADHD gamers, lol.

I´ve got a little Problem with Land Extraction Vehicles on Version 052B.

After calling the Vehicle via Radio, i can see on the Map that the Vehicle spawns at Krastonav Airport. Then it will be teleported on the Streets somewhere around the Extraction Area, but it won´t move. I didn´t got such a Problem in previous Versions. Curious.

Thanks for the Update anyway! :)

I´ve got a little Problem with Land Extraction Vehicles on Version 052B.

After calling the Vehicle via Radio, i can see on the Map that the Vehicle spawns at Krastonav Airport. Then it will be teleported on the Streets somewhere around the Extraction Area, but it won´t move. I didn´t got such a Problem in previous Versions. Curious.

Thanks for the Update anyway! :)

Do you also get a hint message that the extraction vehicle can't reach the point and that the vehicle crew reports about their arrival? I have the same problem. The problem is caused by the AI not being able to move to the assigned waypoint and therefore the wp being cancelled by game default. It's a sort of AI problem. I need to do a some sort of workaround, reassigning the waypoint or repositioning the vehicle until it's able to get a move on.

Remember that you can still extract by moving 2km away from the main objective and this is quite often a faster way anyways as it takes quite a while for the extraction vehicle to arrive.