KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

It might be because of 1.60 i dont know. There is the end sample from my RPT. Says something about lots of / errors and stuff. https://rapidshare.com/files/3989122484/RTPsample.txt

Those all look 1.60 specific errors to me. If you read the 1.60 thread there was something missing with regards to ca directory etc. I would highly advise to check that thread out and follow the steps there to fix.

I'm not installing 1.60 until they have a proper release.

It might be because of 1.60 i dont know. There is the end sample from my RPT. Says something about lots of / errors and stuff. https://rapidshare.com/files/3989122484/RTPsample.txt

Yeah those aren't related to my mission I'm sure, have no idea what those errors are. I can see only 1 script error repeating and I don't have that kind of line in any of my scripts. Must be something else.

That maxdis thing might be part of the mission, probably brought up by 1.6. Funny thing is, i got furthest in this campaign on the initial release with ACE running. Now 1.6 wont even let me progress past the first mission :p

Patches gonner patch.

looks like BIS_fn_locations isnt working right now, or perhaps they changed the parameters it accepts? it errors saying invalid parameters taken, not sure if King Nothing is using this function, but perhaps a position isn't being recognized as input?

looks like BIS_fn_locations isnt working right now, or perhaps they changed the parameters it accepts? it errors saying invalid parameters taken, not sure if King Nothing is using this function, but perhaps a position isn't being recognized as input?

Yes I'm using the default city center locations in my campaign. Are you saying this broken in the 1.60RC? I hope they fix it before the final release then.

Yes I'm using the default city center locations in my campaign. Are you saying this broken in the 1.60RC? I hope they fix it before the final release then.

Unlikely if no one reports it...

Edit: Reported

forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2072960&postcount=7

EDIT: Ticket

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27089

Vote guys

Edited by Tonci87

OK Guys this is important:

Can anyone of you specify the game Version where these Errors can be seen for the first time?

This information would really help Dwarden to solve the problem

The Forgotten Few still rocks! :)

1mgpv1.jpg2byogt.jpg

Col. Staglers Spetznas Units are just beautiful. And with RHS BMD1 you´re reaching the Insertion Points superquick. :D

I use those Units as well, armed with the AKS 74p from ACE and I added BMPs and BTRs to the insertion vehicels. Make sure to set Camo faces for the soldiers Main Folder of the campaign/Identitys Example Face97_camo6 (use numbers from 1 to 6) looks much better

Some Gameplay.

This campaign is great and its superb that you implemented an easy way of exchanging the gear and the units

SgaRbYhCcK8

Excellent campaign as I've stated a few times before, definitely one of my favorites, I have a few minor bugs to report so far:

1) The briefing will state that a mission is at 0100 - 0500ish (1 AM - 5 AM) leaving the player to think that the mission is going to occur at night when it turns out the mission should be stated as scheduled for daytime at 1300 - 1800 hours. I loadout ready for a night mission, and it's broad daylight when the mission actually starts. Again small bug if not reported already.

2) The orders menu for the secondary team "Spark" should be stated as set to 0-0-6 in the popup box (upper right text box) but is incorrectly stated as 0-0-3 (if I recall correctly, an errant number nonetheless lol) which coincides with extraction communication after the mission is done. Another small bugger/quick fix..

3) I'm sure the debug menu may be gone upon full release (or moved maybe) but a few times I have already accidently pressed 0-0-9 and had no way to cancel out of the errant key selection. I had already chosen that I wanted to extract and I was stuck with a "Click on map for extraction" but it wouldn't execute after I warped back to my team to get rid of the teleport action if that makes sense. The extraction command (0-0-3) was then also absent from the radio menu as a result. My team was stuck out in the wilderness to die lol...Does extraction/end mission still occur if my team is 2 clicks away from the finished objective foot-mobile? Should've just tried that in retrospect.

Small bugs, but thought I should at least report them in since this is a beta. Hope these haven't already been reported in an earlier post.

Edited by DeltaFiveOne
Further clarification

while the campaign has many + i want to make some suggestions.

i know its a dynamic campaign and it should play out different all times, but some things are not working out so good for me.

suggestions:

-you allready skip the time for insertions, skip more, im still using time accleration, same goes for extraction. why just dont end the mission shortly after the objectives are met?

-in the third and secound mission i was travelling about 15 minutes, just to kill 5-10 enemys each, was a bit dissapointing. maybe add more objectives and enemys.

-in the third mission i expected at least a small camp with misc in it cause it was said theres an enemy strongpoint, but there were only some guys running around.

pls see that as constructive critism, i like your campaign so far & thx for making it.

im now in the last mission but cant end it because the captive officer is stuck in the house, any idea how to get him out^=)?

Edited by Coffeecat

Just wanted to say this is one of the most fun single player experiences I've had in the arma/ofp series since the original 1985 campaign -almost feels a bit more like hidden&dangerous than it does arma 2. Bravo!

I have run into a problem: I am on operation 3 (AMBUSH! resque an officer). when i launch the mission i am no longer in command. i have tried to beat the mission, but ts too damn hard with out being able to command my squad. they simply hang out at the LZ and yell for me to fall back

it seems to be the mission, as i have tried with the truck, the choppers (joint and separate). i can only think of thing of that might have broken this:

after op 2, the mission got hung up creating op 3 (village raid at the time). i waited for about 10 min, then quit the mission and reloaded the autosave. upon reload, a new mission generated in which i am not in command

i am very reluctant to abandon this iteration of the campaign as op 2 was one of the most epic firefights i have ever had. action movie worthy

(op 2 was a cache hunt)

I spotted the cache site, and saw there were no enemies in the immediate area. i set up my squad over watching the camp and ran in, satchel charges ready. by the time i reached the camp, an opfor patrol had either spawned or just arrived. they started shooting at me. i desperately ran around the camp stetting the charges wile my squad fired at the enemy. i was under heavy fire, but miraculously i was unharmed. charges now set i bolted away from the camp as fast as possible bullets nipping at my ears. Terrified i detonated the charges, destroying the camp and the cache. if only there were some one else there to take a screen shot! it would have been epic! i didnt even get hit. fuckin amazin

Tried it out, aweseome mission you've done. Crashed a lot on the third mission tho. From the RPT below, might be helpful.

Landcontact missing in FoldChair_with_Cargo:ca\misc2\table\chair_cargo.p3d
Error in expression < (units _VehGrp))>0)};

if (_AtEaseMode == 0) then {
if (({alive _x} count _unit>
 Error position: <== 0) then {
if (({alive _x} count _unit>
 Error Generic error in expression
Action::Process - No target
Error loading control missions\__cur_sp.chernarus\description.ext/MisPlanMainMenu/BackgroundBox/
Error loading control missions\__cur_sp.chernarus\description.ext/MisPlanMainMenu/BackgroundBox/

The only really "accepted" Points for save and restart this Campaign are at the Briefing. Otherwise there will be only Problems like you mentioned here. Thats my personel Expiriences. :)

The only really "accepted" Points for save and restart this Campaign are at the Briefing. Otherwise there will be only Problems like you mentioned here. Thats my personel Expiriences. :)

Agreed but its a little disappointing there is only one usersave allowed.

looks like I cant play the campaign - usually after 2nd/3rd mission I either get a crash where I have to start over the campaign, or I am no longer squad leader so I cant order my team inside the insertion vehicle or do anything. Strange because this problem never existed on the older version of the campaign.

Ill wait until the squad leader bug gets fixed :)

so, guys, are any of you playing this with the official 1.60 patch torrent? does it work ok with the update?

Agreed but its a little disappointing there is only one usersave allowed.

Is this true or just assumed? I don't think I've ever had problems saving the game at all. Although I don't normally save mid-mission much as I try to play through without "cheating" per say. I save when I have to leave the computer and that is it.

Is this true or just assumed? I don't think I've ever had problems saving the game at all. Although I don't normally save mid-mission much as I try to play through without "cheating" per say. I save when I have to leave the computer and that is it.

It is true, you can only user save the mission once throughout an entire playthough. It does autosave after every mission and before every mission. But there are times when you just want to save after a mad firefight. Instead of having to start the mission from scratch again and go through it all over just to get to that point.

I find that this is especially relevant on the convoy missions where there are tons of enemies and enemy armour. If i could save it when i have defeated the first wave it would be so much easier. I dont want that much of a challenge, i just want to see how the story plays through.