KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

ACE shouldn't cause problems. It works for me.

Another small bug. When I had to capture Bulov he was on a crane in the harbour of berezino. Problem us that he was dead right from the start. Maybe he fell to death?

Hehe, maybe a heart attack. I dunno, it's hard to guess but must be something like that.

I have the problem... I put the pbo campaign in the folder and when i click to play, on the campaigns there the screen came up:

No entry

'Campaigns\theforgottenfew.chernarus\description.ext\Campaign'.

I have the problem... I put the pbo campaign in the folder and when i click to play, on the campaigns there the screen came up:

No entry

'Campaigns\theforgottenfew.chernarus\description.ext\Campaign'.

Try it in the missions folder. ;)

Can you re-upload the latest update/version on Filefront? :)

What's wrong with the current link? They both work for me.

What team will be used in Takistan version? Czech, German, British or some Opfor again? Sure czech is only option for me :p

What team will be used in Takistan version? Czech, German, British or some Opfor again? Sure czech is only option for me :p

Russia, changing the faction along with all the voice overs and all that would be way too much work. Because Takistan is desert I will have to find some desert camo units for the Russians.

Russia, changing the faction along with all the voice overs and all that would be way too much work. Because Takistan is desert I will have to find some desert camo units for the Russians.

You got my imagination rolling here King, really looking forward to it! :yay:

Another thing: I'm looking for someone how speaks native russian to do some translations. There's still texts untranslated in tha campaign and I have some new text for the upcoming builds to be translated.

I can do translation for you. In fact I already fixed some errors in your last public build, and will gladly help you, as TFF is one of the most interesting campaigns I have played so far (another one is "Serpent (Zmey)". PM me if you are interested in my help.

Edited by megazogg

I think ACE has some russian desert units. Will check that tomorrow

I'm late to this mission but just wanted to say that it is fantastic. I've only played through 2 mission so far.

Extremely well done with a number of things I've never seen before in Arma2.

King Nothing is to be congratulated.

I finally played through the entire 7 missions and have to say again that this is fantastic. Probably the best intro/outro and dynamic missions I have ever seen. I would go so far as to say that King probably could have released this as a product.

Can't wait to try it again to see how dynamic it is.

There were some minor bugs it seems mostly on extraction but I was able to overcome the but somehow calling for extraction again and that seemed to jar things up.

Only had to revert once when I lost have my squad from falling into the water and they couldn't get themselves out. This is more and an Arma bug than anything else I would think.

I think ACE has some russian desert units. Will check that tomorrow

It does. It has desert russian units, airborne units and desert spetsnaz units too i think.

But aren't the addons in ACEX imported from other community addons? I don't want the campaign to have dependency on ACE so the addons must be able to get separately.

@Delta99 Thanks! Yeah I have had sometimes an annoying bug with extraction that after clicking on "request extraction" nothing happens. Annoying mostly because it happens only sometimes and I have no idea why. But I'm trying to debug it now and see why it happens. Luckily extraction problems are not critical though.

@megazogg Please check your pm!

Edited by King Nothing

I'm in support of vanilla or as close to vanilla missions as possible. If it is easy enough to provide an additional ACE version or something then so be it.

King, I've also had trouble with separate insertion. I'm not sure if separate insertion requires helo's because that is the only time I THINK I got it to work. Otherwise, when I select separate insertion the dropdown box for vehicle type is usually (or always) blank if there are no helo transports available. Once again, it isn't a show stopper bug as I then just change my plan and go with a joint insertion and get things to work that way.

I should also add that I don't mind the longish ride through the countryside on insertion. I think someone complained that it is too long but it seems to depend on the mission and likely other factors on where it starts etc. Its a good little break to think about the mission and tactics that one is going to use once you insert.

I'm in support of vanilla or as close to vanilla missions as possible. If it is easy enough to provide an additional ACE version or something then so be it.

King, I've also had trouble with separate insertion. I'm not sure if separate insertion requires helo's because that is the only time I THINK I got it to work. Otherwise, when I select separate insertion the dropdown box for vehicle type is usually (or always) blank if there are no helo transports available. Once again, it isn't a show stopper bug as I then just change my plan and go with a joint insertion and get things to work that way.

I should also add that I don't mind the longish ride through the countryside on insertion. I think someone complained that it is too long but it seems to depend on the mission and likely other factors on where it starts etc. Its a good little break to think about the mission and tactics that one is going to use once you insert.

No that was the point. I'm not going to make an ACE version.

Yeah the separate insertion is available only with 2 helis. I haven't implemented a possibility to have 2 separate insertion points for 2 ground vehicles, it's a bit too complicated. The same with ground vehicle - heli separate insertions. Joint insertion should suffice in most cases anyways so I haven't got around this "issue" yet if you may call it that.

Making the gound vehicle skip further is totally possible but the point in these long rides are the enemy positions that you may run into sometimes. Skipping further would be "cheating". :D

Really... really great campaign! :) I really enjoyed pplaying this.... You put a lot of effort in this, i see... It's good cos' it's random.. So i will play again and again! :D Thanks for this men...

Well ACE surely took those russians from some other Mod.

So there could be two Versions. One that requires the Original Mod, and one that requires ACE=everybody happy

Ok. I haven't tried ACE yet for the complexity and the problems I've heard of. Plus I don't have time for trying it at the moment and make an ACE version. The thing I'm interested in ACE is the desert Russian units at the moment though. So my question is that is it possible to get the needed single Russian units from elsewhere without messing around with a bigger entity.

As I've got my hands full with new other things, could someone more familiar with the ACE mod try to find out where to get these desert units and report it to me? Any help will do. Thanks!

I don't know if they are those included in ACE but Tankist001 had made some desert russian infantry units.

Desert russian infantry

Edited by Tawah

Making the gound vehicle skip further is totally possible but the point in these long rides are the enemy positions that you may run into sometimes. Skipping further would be "cheating". :D

Ran into my first ambush on the ride in yesterday. Well done and made for a change in plans on approach to the mission objective once I took care of the ambush.

King Nothing, first off I wanted to say that I absolutely love the campaign. The idea of all dynamic missions is something I always look for in downloading new campaigns and yours does a damn good job of invoking that unpredictable feeling of danger. I ran into a bug during my first mission of clearing a stronghold about 2 clicks out from the objective. After I was close to being dropped off by my BMP transport for insertion, the mission just upruptly ended without anything ever happening. Was this part of the unpredictability or did the enemy guerrillas not spawn correctly causing the mission end trigger to fire? Once again, thank you for the well done campaign. Was just wondering if I had witnessed a bug or part of the randomness I was supposed to play through? Using ArmA II CO (non-addon) v0.50b version btw..

Edited by DeltaFiveOne
Version