KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

I am also reporting the same thing, it was on the mission to locate the weapons cache, all works fine until enemy detected say about 2 times, then as fire will start ... CTD.

I had a game save just before this happened and it crashed like clockwork each time, but then, I also played 3 missions through non stop previously. Just thought I would ad this.

I just played the non-addon version and I did NOT crash upon contact. This is very good work King Nothing. However, I did have a crash on exfiltration. Out of memory error. Anyway, I am hopeful we'll be able to help you squash a few bugs.

Remember, the crash only happens if you load up a savegame AFTER the generation of the current mission. Really weird...

King, I have re-played many times and enjoy every mission with better and better planning and execution.

Really can't wait your next upgrade.

cheers!

Any news?

I never get crash to deskop. Whit Chechnya addons work Ok is a great mission. Afther mision 5 or more the game start to run slow, it must be for slx.

Hey! Sorry but I haven't had enough free time lately and I'm still waiting for the text translations from my Russian mate. I will finish the next build during the next months once I get my things done and be able to relax and get down to this project again.

Thanks for your continuing interest! :)

Hey! Sorry but I haven't had enough free time lately and I'm still waiting for the text translations from my Russian mate. I will finish the next build during the next months once I get my things done and be able to relax and get down to this project again.

Thanks for your continuing interest! :)

Great you are still around. Sure RL first. Wish you luck with work so you can relax :yay:

EXCELLENT CAMPAIGN.Remember you from OFP days when i played Revolt1998 and the other campaign i can't remember its name.

I'm currently adding some loadouts and have a question. How is the order of the loadouts in the list defined?

By case Number or by something else?

This campaign is actually one of the reasons I just bought ARMA2:CO for a second time off of Sprocket (had lost my discs in a move), and I am looking forward to playing it greatly.

Are the soldiers in your squad persistant, like in Resistance? I.E they gain skill and you can collect equipment for them as you go along? If so, this is even cooler, makes me wish for a Jagged Alliance type campaign for ARMA 2.

I am sure its already been asked but, be nice to see this ported to Multiplayer sometime in the future.

And yes a Jagged Alliance income/mercenary based MP mission would be nice, I been thinking about it for some time and might make a attempt. Would want it to replicate the old games ideals as best as possible (minus the turn based :))

This campaign is actually one of the reasons I just bought ARMA2:CO for a second time off of Sprocket (had lost my discs in a move), and I am looking forward to playing it greatly.

Are the soldiers in your squad persistant, like in Resistance? I.E they gain skill and you can collect equipment for them as you go along? If so, this is even cooler, makes me wish for a Jagged Alliance type campaign for ARMA 2.

The soldiers are persistant in the campaign. They collect equipment if you have the addon and no, the equipment is set by you before start the mission. MP is very hard whit this mission

wow best campaign mission i ever played

kicks ass!!!

Any news or project was abandoned? Got lot of successful finished campaings in both vanilla Arma 2 and in Combined ops. I think ididnt get two similar campaings yet. Amazing how dynamic it is at the end.

EXCELLENT CAMPAIGN.Remember you from OFP days when i played Revolt1998 and the other campaign i can't remember its name.

Thanks mate. Like I have said before it's very nice to be recognized by my old campaigns for ofp.

I'm currently adding some loadouts and have a question. How is the order of the loadouts in the list defined?

By case Number or by something else?

The loadouts are in the same order as in the script which adds the listbox options. Btw the next build will make the loadout customization easier, no need for fiddeling with the listbox commands. :)

Wow thanks! I hope you'll enjoy the campaign. I could implement a script making the operatives gain experience but 7 missions is a little bit short for being worth the effort i guess. But will consider it in case I will lengthen the campaign to 14 missions or something, we'll see..

I am sure its already been asked but, be nice to see this ported to Multiplayer sometime in the future.

Yeah it's been requested but I designed this for SP and I won't convert it to MP, way too much work and testing. But if someone else volunteers for such a project, go or it!

wow best campaign mission i ever played

kicks ass!!!

Any news or project was abandoned? Got lot of successful finished campaings in both vanilla Arma 2 and in Combined ops. I think ididnt get two similar campaings yet. Amazing how dynamic it is at the end.

It's not abandoned, not at all. I'm just having too little free time and patience to get down to this never-ending project at the moment. But I will continue as soon as the time is right. Probably after november. I could also try to release the current work without the planned further content as Build 050 asap and finish and release the rest of the content in Build 051 later when I have more time. That could sound like a plan. But no promises.

Hi great campaign.

I ran into a problem though. When doing mission 3 (weapons cache) everything was going all right until extraction. I chose joint extraction (with Spark together) by car transport. My squad had 2 men left (me and one AI) and Spark had 5 people left. To extract us, a BMP came with only 6 places in it. Unfortunately both teams (as you can certainly do the math) were 7 people in total.

I wasn't able to conclude the mission. I also could not order any additional extraction vehicles or anything, I was just stuck, so I abandoned the mission. Maybe there is some error in determining how many people are required to extract?

I am playing the non-addon version.

Hi great campaign.

I ran into a problem though. When doing mission 3 (weapons cache) everything was going all right until extraction. I chose joint extraction (with Spark together) by car transport. My squad had 2 men left (me and one AI) and Spark had 5 people left. To extract us, a BMP came with only 6 places in it. Unfortunately both teams (as you can certainly do the math) were 7 people in total.

I wasn't able to conclude the mission. I also could not order any additional extraction vehicles or anything, I was just stuck, so I abandoned the mission. Maybe there is some error in determining how many people are required to extract?

I am playing the non-addon version.

Hmm ok I must check it. I'll mark it on my list. And you can still end the mission by getting 2km away from the mission objective. Just walk on foot or "borrow" a civilian vehicle. The extraction objective applies only to Torch squad.

Oh and welcome to the forums. :)

A new Version? That sounds great! Your Campaign is one of my favourites!

Stuff I would like to see:

The ability to send the CAS helo away when you think that its safe enough.

A wounding module. I think the Bis first aid module would be good. I tried to implement this by myself but it didn't work for me. Don't know why...

I noticed that you had in plan that the two squads can drive to the mission target with multiple vehicels but you disabled the function because of poor AI convoy driving. Well the Convoy driving has become much better by now, so maybe you should reenable it...

Another serious thing: The Behaviour of the second squad is set to Fire at will, hold position. But they still run of chasing enemys. This is propably because of the squad leader issuing attack commands. This should be improved.

Give the player the possibility to call for ground support if available. Something like a Tank or an APC, depending on enemy strenght. Make an ACE Version. I have replaced the AK 107 with AKs 74p variants from ACE, this is much more realistic. I plan on adding AS Val rifels, Saiga and maybe some other stuff. I can provide you with the loadout configs if you like.

Well thats everything I can think of now...

Oh could you please tell me how to add more vehicel types to the insertion and extraction vehicels? ACE has some wonderfull OMON APCs that I would like to add.

Speaking of insertion and extraction. I noticed that the vehicels won't engage enemys properly when they see them. Could you please change that?

Hmm ok I must check it. I'll mark it on my list. And you can still end the mission by getting 2km away from the mission objective. Just walk on foot or "borrow" a civilian vehicle. The extraction objective applies only to Torch squad.

Oh and welcome to the forums. :)

Thanks for pointing out a workaround solution; I will do that if it happens again.

I'm actually a lurker since way back from the OFP days... I just lost the PW of my old account and I also don't have that email address anymore, that I used with that account. But thanks anyways for the "Welcome-message". ;)

Hi it's the best Campaign since OFP,

i play the addon Version i love the RHS things...

I have also little bit trouble and stuff i would like to see...

The first thing is there standing from time to time civilian vehicles on the Main Road (random script?) they block the Road for the troops transporter and the AI goes crazy (in one mission the AI drive wilde 10 minutes by the villiage)

The Idear to aport the Helo is also a good thing, in one mission a enemy soldier hidden near the Spark Sqoud at a house, the Helo kill all with unguided Rockets. statistics one enemy and 6 red Soldiers ;)

The third thing is a little bit atmosphere, i mean a red army checkpoint or civillians in the villiage, it's not priority but make's the campaign near perfect...

Thanks for the best Campaign and read my crappy English

A new Version? That sounds great! Your Campaign is one of my favourites!

Stuff I would like to see:

The ability to send the CAS helo away when you think that its safe enough.

A wounding module. I think the Bis first aid module would be good. I tried to implement this by myself but it didn't work for me. Don't know why...

I noticed that you had in plan that the two squads can drive to the mission target with multiple vehicels but you disabled the function because of poor AI convoy driving. Well the Convoy driving has become much better by now, so maybe you should reenable it...

Another serious thing: The Behaviour of the second squad is set to Fire at will, hold position. But they still run of chasing enemys. This is propably because of the squad leader issuing attack commands. This should be improved.

Give the player the possibility to call for ground support if available. Something like a Tank or an APC, depending on enemy strenght. Make an ACE Version. I have replaced the AK 107 with AKs 74p variants from ACE, this is much more realistic. I plan on adding AS Val rifels, Saiga and maybe some other stuff. I can provide you with the loadout configs if you like.

Well thats everything I can think of now...

Oh could you please tell me how to add more vehicel types to the insertion and extraction vehicels? ACE has some wonderfull OMON APCs that I would like to add.

Speaking of insertion and extraction. I noticed that the vehicels won't engage enemys properly when they see them. Could you please change that?

Thanks for your suggestions, always appreciate your feedback. :) Aborting CAS is in the works. I have to think of the first aid option. I have already retested the convoy system but didn't get it to work with the first tries. The AI squad hold position doesn't work properly, I know that. There seems to not be a behaviour option to make the AI leader keep his men in formation, disengage doesn't work. It's very annoying to see the leader send his men one by one to their doom and I don't know how to fix this problem yet. I have planned to add a ground vehicle support option but it needs a lot of work, I will finish up other things first at least. I have never tried ACE yet, I will need to try it first myself before making any decisions about making an ACE version.

Hi it's the best Campaign since OFP,

i play the addon Version i love the RHS things...

I have also little bit trouble and stuff i would like to see...

The first thing is there standing from time to time civilian vehicles on the Main Road (random script?) they block the Road for the troops transporter and the AI goes crazy (in one mission the AI drive wilde 10 minutes by the villiage)

The Idear to aport the Helo is also a good thing, in one mission a enemy soldier hidden near the Spark Sqoud at a house, the Helo kill all with unguided Rockets. statistics one enemy and 6 red Soldiers ;)

The third thing is a little bit atmosphere, i mean a red army checkpoint or civillians in the villiage, it's not priority but make's the campaign near perfect...

Thanks for the best Campaign and read my crappy English

Thanks MAD_MM! I'm glad you're enjoying the campaign. The vehicles are created with BIS Silvie module. The ground transport could pass the parked vehicles in tight village roads simply by ramming through (which actually gave a nice touch) but after the latest game version it will try to find another route which makes everything more complicated at times. Only way to fix this is to remove the module which would be a shame so I'll leave it as it is for the moment.

There seems to not be a behaviour option to make the AI leader keep his men in formation, disengage doesn't work. It's very annoying to see the leader send his men one by one to their doom and I don't know how to fix this problem yet. I have planned to add a ground vehicle support option but it needs a lot of work, I will finish up other things first at least. I have never tried ACE yet, I will need to try it first myself before making any decisions about making an ACE version.

Please try with a MOVE waypoint, plus group enableAttack false and group setCombatMode GREEN. All that should make units stay in place.

Great campaign so far.

I have played a couple missions and i'm enjoying this a lot.

Here are some things that may be improved in my opinion:

* Example: looks like the enemy camp (where suitcase is) is always at the same position or am i unlucky? That would hurt replayability a bit. Also you get its precise position on map, too easy to order a arty barrage on it from beginning. It would be better to randomize its position.

* I miss some enemy units actively patrolling targets, so far i've mostly seen somewhat "static" enemies.

* I think some additional random enemy groups (small groups, very low skill, maybe with a SENTRY waypoint) may be added within a certain radius from target to keep also the insertion / exfiltration phase hot and not simply routine. This way you'll have to be more careful with your helis for instance, your LZs will have to be more far from objective.

Edited by fabrizioT

Could you please give me a hint on this :o

Please try with a MOVE waypoint, plus group enableAttack false and group setCombatMode GREEN. All that should make units stay in place.

I don´t think this would work, they wouldn´t engage the enemy with this behaviour. Would something like doStop help?

* Example: looks like the enemy camp (where suitcase is) is always at the same position or am i unlucky? That would hurt replayability a bit. Also you get its precise position on map, too easy to order a arty barrage on it from beginning. It would be better to randomize its position.

In some Missions the location is known, in others you have to search for it. Its OK as it is now.

* I miss some enemy units actively patrolling targets, so far i've mostly seen somewhat "static" enemies.

They do! Especially in the later Missions

* I think some additional random enemy groups (small groups, very low skill, maybe with a SENTRY waypoint) may be added within a certain radius from target to keep also the insertion / exfiltration phase hot and not simply routine. This way you'll have to be more careful with your helis for instance, your LZs will have to be more far from objective.

Already the case, especially in later missions. Noticed that the red circle on the map gets bigger with every mission? Thats the area where you can expect enemys.

I will add to what Tonci already said that the suitcase is randomized to one of the available positions. Some of the object compositions (such as a campfire with seats and empty beer cans) have few predefined positions where the suitcase can spawn. And about the marker, it's already set randomly little bit off but I will increase the maximum offset to not give away too precise position, thanks for that pointing out.

About patrols. In the standard raid mission types the enemy infantry are divided into 3 roles: The guard/garrison at the mission objective, Patrols which roam around the mission objective and reinforces accompanied with a tranport vehicle. Even the most static guarding infantry who only talks about the weather with each other will occasionally change position.

The last point about random enemy hot spots. As I earlier said, one of the roles of enemy infantry along with armored units work as reinforcements. These forces are scattered around the mission objective with a long radius. You can stumble into these forces even 2km away. But you have a good point there. I have planned to add more hot spots further away around the mission objective to keep players eye wide open. These enemy units won't react to player attacking the mission objective though, not to make the missions too hard.

Enjoy the campaign!

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Could you please give me a hint on this :o

Oh, sorry about forgetting that question.

It's fairly easy to replace the units types. Open up UnitsLibrary.sqf. There you can see unit arrays of unit classnames and their values inside the main arrays. If you want to replace an existing unit type, just rename the class name to whatever you unit was and remember to redifine the given values too. You can also just add a new unit types within any main array. These unit arrays are automatically randomized by the mission script. For example the enemy armored units used in mission can be seen below:

//
// Enemy Vehicles
//

// Armored
//		class name		prob	value	type (1=armored,2=anti-air,3=light wheeled)
S_Armored=[	["T72_Gue",		7,	8,	1],
	["T34",			5,	4,	1],
	["BMP2_INS",		3,	6,	1],
	["BMP2_GUE",		3,	6,	1],
	["BRDM2_Gue",		6,	5,	1],
	["BRDM2_HQ_Gue",	5,	4,	1]];

"prob" is short for probability, the higher the value, the more likely you will encounter it on the field. In every mission the enemy has a given amount of resources that will be spent in different unit types. "value" is the "cost" of the unit type. "type" is used by the mission script so give it the value described in the above code snippet.

You can include your own addon unit by making this kind of change:

//
// Enemy Vehicles
//

// Armored
//		class name		prob	value	type (1=armored,2=anti-air,3=light wheeled)
S_Armored=[	["T72_Gue",		7,	8,	1],
	["T34",			5,	4,	1],
	["BMP2_INS",		3,	6,	1],
	["BMP2_GUE",		3,	6,	1],
	["BRDM2_Gue",		6,	5,	1],
	["BRDM2_HQ_Gue",	5,	4,	1],
	["MyTankAddon_Gue"	5,	10,	1]];

Hope this helps. :)