KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

Finaly finished second playthru with latest version. All ok. 73% score. 14 survived. Just surprised last mission was not about arrest that evil terrorist leader. Just ordinary raid stronghold with hidden siutcase. Maybe its random too?

Finaly finished second playthru with latest version. All ok. 73% score. 14 survived. Just surprised last mission was not about arrest that evil terrorist leader. Just ordinary raid stronghold with hidden siutcase. Maybe its random too?

I guess its random, because the last mission for me was exactly what you missed "arrest the terrorist leader", and the suitcase mission was the first mission for me.

This campaign was nice with all the planning etc, but some of the car transports were very long and boring.

This kind of campaign in Takistan would be great also :)

Could you please add the BIS First Aid Module to this Mission? Its really annoying that you and your teammates die of only one hit. Especially if you have to revert to the end of the previous mission (see my crash workaround....)

Great mission but it would have been alot better if this was a campaign. I cant go back to previous missions unless I didnt overwrite the saves (which I did). I really like it though. The planning and commanding was actually very easy and made it seem like I ran the operation. And I cared for the troops too. Team Spark (I think thats the name) usually get themselves in deep poop but on the mission where I had to save the convoy they ended up saving my ass. Its different each time I play, which I love. 4.5 stars!

I finaly finished this mission v0.49b. I get no errors/bugs or crashes. Best sp mission im ever played and i got ~500 sp/coop missions.

Total score 67%, 9 men survived. Only 1 mission at night. Last mission capture bulof. I kill/destroy 17 men and 3 pick-ups best score from my squad.

Great mission thank you for making it :)

just... WOOOOOOOOOOOOW! NICE Mission! I love it! Very well done!

Fantastic work

A true show of what ArmA2 is capable of, and a work of art.

Thanks a lot for the time passed on making this

any news form this mission? any new version? New content?

He (The creator) curently isn´t at home I think, but should be back soon.

Hi all, I'm back home now but I've been having a little break since. You need some cool-downs once in a while with this kind of project as you can imagine, to wait for some fresh inspiration, motivation and hatching new ideas. Then you can continue with new enthusiasm!

I'm very glad you have enjoyed the new version and nothing critical have shown up. I'll definately continue developing this campaign. The minimum patching I have to do to get rid of the "beta" tag is to at least add missing Russian texts for the Russian version and add few missing voices. I have forgot to say that the campaign will switch to Russian language if you play with the Russian version of Arma 2. This is a contribution to the Russian community that help me having authentic voices for the campaign theme. Thanks for the translation goes solely to Rydlock.

I will also continue adding new features. For example I have planned to add new mission types and converting the concept to other islands. Continuing fixing and optimizing the current content goes without saying. Thanks for playing the campaign and please continue your valuable testing! It's always greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks to you for this great mission. And great news! I love this mission and I hope for the next release!!!

Good that you are back. So can you say something about the issues reported?

I´currently trying to edit this mission to put in some other Weapons to choose, especially ACE_X Weapons since the AK 107 lacks some Features that were introduced with OA and I would like to have RPGs with PGO Sights, or maybe even the bigger Brother RPG-29.

I already figured out that I have to look into SetLoadout.sqf for the actual Loadout, and into init.sqf for the Loadout names.

I would also like to introduce some additional new Loadouts like special Night ops Snipers that have the NSPU Sights and maybe a shotgun Loadout. How would I do that? Do I just need to add the class into those two files or is there another sqf I have to look into?

NOTE: I´m not planing to release this, Its just for my personal enjoyment

Edited by Tonci87

I will add all the possible errors reported here on my list and investigate them when I start working on the next version. I will keep a close look on the issues you report, eventhough I may not comment on them. So no worries.

Some people here asked if features seen in this campaign could be implemented on other missions. Sure, but this would mean quite a lot of work because these features are not simple "modules" that could be added with a click of button.

Good that you are back. So can you say something about the issues reported?

I´currently trying to edit this mission to put in some other Weapons to choose, especially ACE_X Weapons since the AK 107 lacks some Features that were introduced with OA and I would like to have RPGs with PGO Sights, or maybe even the bigger Brother RPG-29.

I already figured out that I have to look into SetLoadout.sqf for the actual Loadout, and into init.sqf for the Loadout names.

I would also like to introduce some additional new Loadouts like special Night ops Snipers that have the NSPU Sights and maybe a shotgun Loadout. How would I do that? Do I just need to add the class into those two files or is there another sqf I have to look into?

NOTE: I´m not planing to release this, Its just for my personal enjoyment

I see that you have figured out quite a lot by yourself. Indeed you have to name the loadout in init.sqf and compile the loadout in fnc/SetLoadout.sqf. After that you have to do the little bit challenging thing. Open up MisPlanMainMenuGearAEH.sqf and MisPlanMainMenuGearBEH.sqf found under "dialogs" folder. There you can find 6 columns in each file like this one:

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR1name];		lbSetValue [181, _ind, 1];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR2name];		lbSetValue [181, _ind, 2];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR3name];		lbSetValue [181, _ind, 3];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR4name];		lbSetValue [181, _ind, 4];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR5name];		lbSetValue [181, _ind, 5];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR6name];		lbSetValue [181, _ind, 6];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR7name];		lbSetValue [181, _ind, 7];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR8name];		lbSetValue [181, _ind, 8];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR9name];		lbSetValue [181, _ind, 9];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR10name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 10];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR11name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 11];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR12name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 12];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR13name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 13];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearMG1name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 14];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearMG2name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 15];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearMG3name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 16];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearSN1name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 18];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearSN2name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 19];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearSN3name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 20];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearSN4name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 21];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT1name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 22];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT2name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 23];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT3name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 24];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT4name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 25];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT5name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 26];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT6name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 27];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT7name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 28];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT8name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 29];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearDM1name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 30];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearDM2name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 31];
_ind = lbAdd [181, GearDM3name];	lbSetValue [181, _ind, 32];

Each column resembles the loadout of a squad member in a group. MisPlanMainMenuGearAEH.sqf sets the loadout selection for Torch squad and MisPlanMainMenuGearBEH.sqf for Spark squad. In each line seen above you can see a single weapon loadout selection. You can see the names of variables for the weapon loadouts you saw in init.sqf. At the end of the line you see an ID number for loadout that is corresponding to the ID number seen in SetLoadout.sqf. Pay attention to the listbox number too. 181 is the first listbox in Torch squad loadout which is the players listbox.

You can add new loadout selections as long as you add the name of the loadout in init.sqf, compile the loadout in SetLoadout.sqf and add the line in each column in MisPlanMainMenuGearAEH.sqf and MisPlanMainMenuGearBEH.sqf. Hope this cleared things out. :)

Edited by King Nothing

I knew that there had to be more, but I would have never looked in MisPlanMainMenuGearAEH.sqf or MisPlanMainMenuGearBEH.sqf

Now I can "customise"

wow make dynamic missions is very hard. The only problem whit this Mission is I get Shot to easy, in recluit dificult, and whit mods like ACE, GL4 the IA get much more intence. And wen I load a save game i get message "you cant load this mission... missing ace..." some addons problems. Is Normal?

@Choki

ace its not for sp playing thats whay you get problems

The minimum patching I have to do to get rid of the "beta" tag is to at least add missing Russian texts for the Russian version and add few missing voices.

I vaguely remeber there is missing voice in catch enemy officer mission. When i approached him just subtitles kicked in without any voice from him. I dont mean Bulov itself, he speaks ok.

Ahh yes, and welcome back ... ;)

Hallo! I am from Russia. This mission is great for me. And translate is best! Thank you!

But i have a little problem with chechen mod version.

Some users complained of problems arising with weapon appointment(Only a Russian version, with mods).

In init.sqf i found 32 weapon list. In mission It is displayed 20:

First from AK-74 to AKM, is set normaly, and all weapons downwards under the list are appointed not correctly.

I found the way of this problem.

It occurs, because i play in Russian version. And MisPlanMainMenuAEH.sqf, MisPlanMainMenuGearBEH.sqf, on Russian folder in dialogs folder is wrong.

That it is necessary for you, so it to copy options of a conclusion of text lines from a folder dialogs a file MisPlanMainMenuGearAEH.sqf and MisPlanMainMenuGearBEH.sqf in a folder dialogs> Russian the same files.

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR1name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 1];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR2name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 2];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR3name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 3];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR4name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 4];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR5name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 5];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR6name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 6];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR7name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 7];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR8name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 8];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR9name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 9];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR10name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 10];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR11name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 11];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR12name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 12];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR13name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 13];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearMG1name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 14];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearMG2name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 15];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearMG3name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 16];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearSN1name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 18];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearSN2name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 19];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearSN3name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 20];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearSN4name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 21];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT1name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 22];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT2name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 23];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT3name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 24];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT4name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 25];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT5name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 26];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT6name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 27];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT7name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 28];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT8name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 29];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearDM1name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 30];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearDM2name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 31];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearDM3name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 32];

Anyway, for those who doesn't want to be engaged save/paste, download this two files, and copy them in to dialogs>Russian folder.

http://www.4shared.com/get/Rzn1A7pU/TheForgottenFewA1ChernarusFIXR.html

With the best regards, Antoxxx from F-Ru :)

Hallo! I am from Russia. This mission is great for me. And translate is best! Thank you!

But i have a little problem with chechen mod version.

Some users complained of problems arising with weapon appointment(Only a Russian version, with mods).

In init.sqf i found 32 weapon list. In mission It is displayed 20:

First from AK-74 to AKM, is set normaly, and all weapons downwards under the list are appointed not correctly.

I found the way of this problem.

It occurs, because i play in Russian version. And MisPlanMainMenuAEH.sqf, MisPlanMainMenuGearBEH.sqf, on Russian folder in dialogs folder is wrong.

That it is necessary for you, so it to copy options of a conclusion of text lines from a folder dialogs a file MisPlanMainMenuGearAEH.sqf and MisPlanMainMenuGearBEH.sqf in a folder dialogs> Russian the same files.

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR1name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 1];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR2name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 2];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR3name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 3];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR4name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 4];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR5name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 5];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR6name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 6];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR7name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 7];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR8name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 8];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR9name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 9];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR10name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 10];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR11name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 11];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR12name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 12];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearR13name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 13];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearMG1name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 14];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearMG2name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 15];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearMG3name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 16];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearSN1name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 18];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearSN2name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 19];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearSN3name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 20];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearSN4name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 21];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT1name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 22];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT2name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 23];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT3name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 24];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT4name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 25];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT5name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 26];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT6name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 27];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT7name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 28];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearAT8name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 29];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearDM1name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 30];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearDM2name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 31];

_ind = lbAdd [181, GearDM3name]; lbSetValue [181, _ind, 32];

Anyway, for those who doesn't want to be engaged save/paste, download this two files, and copy them in to dialogs>Russian folder.

http://www.4shared.com/get/Rzn1A7pU/TheForgottenFewA1ChernarusFIXR.html

With the best regards, Antoxxx from F-Ru :)

Hi Bonus! Yes I didn't pay attention to then Russian version files when I made the last patch, sorry for that. I forgot. There are things that still have to be done in the Russian translations. I will try to have these things finished for the next patch. Thanks for trying out and reporting about the Russian version. Hope you can test the future versions as well. :)

So King nothing, do you know how to add the BIS Medic Module to Torch and Spark?

@Tonch87

with bis first aid module this mission will by too easy

you always gona haw time too heal you team.

Somehow the "Rescue soldiers/convoy" mission is stuttering too much its like a slideshow. Any scripts in use that can cause this?

Somehow the "Rescue soldiers/convoy" mission is stuttering too much its like a slideshow. Any scripts in use that can cause this?

It happens the same thing to me, same mission but not every time !?, and this affect the next missions probably some script (RUEBE mission "Fire Ants" is also affected).

Only solution restart the campaign :confused:

The AKs pack you listed is "File Removed"

I'd suggest Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9030&highlight=AKS+PACK+V1.2

Hope this helps

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

The Non-Addons version always loads up fine.

The Chechnya version always gives me problems and that's after double checking all the addons required.

I use Arma2 launcher starting with Arma2-CO.

I own Arma2 and OA separately.

I'm I on the right track here? Cause I want to see all those goodies in the game.