KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

Another Thing, can you make it so that the choppers don´t fly with their lights turned on at night?

EDIT: And can you tweak the Weather a little bit? I almost always get misty weather with low visibility, which is not nice....

Edited by Tonci87

Another Thing, can you make it so that the choppers don´t fly with their lights turned on at night?

EDIT: And can you tweak the Weather a little bit? I almost always get misty weather with low visibility, which is not nice....

Yes, same here. It's raining like 80% of the time and it's always foggy to some extent.

+1 to this too. It will be nice Heli has lights on on takeoff and base landing and then it switches it off for LZ so they do not land like Xmas Tree "hey we are here" :)

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Could you please add a little more variation to the characters in the addon free version? Right now you always have 4 MVD Soldiers (which look all the same) and one Medic. Maybe you want to replace one or two of those MVD guys with the default Spetznaz Soldiers.

I think its whole idea so team looks like russian spec ops squad. Its add immersion. Actualy i hate there is not MVD medic and mod author must use normal uniform medic soldier. I not have same soldiers. They have different faces.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

King Nothing, any reason you do not use civilians module? I saw you use animas and cars ones. I tried add Civilians module to get little life in villages and seems work ok. Just it needs script you get slaped when you kill innocents like in original ARMA 2 campaing. Maybe it caused some probs and you not included it by design? I made two missions with edited campaing and seems look ok.

Could you please add a little more variation to the characters in the addon free version? Right now you always have 4 MVD Soldiers (which look all the same) and one Medic. Maybe you want to replace one or two of those MVD guys with the default Spetznaz Soldiers.

Thanks for keeping those suggestions coming. But I think the spetsnaz models mixed with mvd models don't look so good. The way it's now is the best you can get with the vanilla units. If you want something more varying and you have OA, you could try the addon version.

Lights on during insertion behind enemy lines is an obvious thing, they should be switched off. However, last time I tried to have the helicopter fly with the lights off and the behaviour is not "careless" (lights on) the helicopter starts doing engage manoveurs at enemies. I just tried again and it does seem to follow the landing orders though so I have to take a deeper look into this. Maybe I could have this happen.

And the weather is tweaked already, less rain and mist in the next patch. :)

whoa!! I just read the whole thread and I am really wanting to join in this. If you have some spare time would it be possible to have the dl come from like say gamefront.com? I'm on VSAT and sites like megaupload, 4shared are blocked by the ISP.

If not I can wait for it to come out of beta.. it will just be painful suppressing my wanting to play. :)

I'll see what I can do. :)

King Nothing, any reason you do not use civilians module? I saw you use animas and cars ones. I tried add Civilians module to get little life in villages and seems work ok. Just it needs script you get slaped when you kill innocents like in original ARMA 2 campaing. Maybe it caused some probs and you not included it by design? I made two missions with edited campaing and seems look ok.

I originally had it included but somehow I started to have immense script lag over the course. The scripts began to initiate with up to 20-40 seconds of delay which was rediculous. For example when I wanted to open the fire support dialog and typed 0-0-5 it took this amount of time to actually open up. It was fixed by removing this module. I could try it with the latest arma patch though.

King Nothing, if you need host beta files i can do it on my web site, you will get simple http download link. Send me PM if you are interested.

About the civilian module, did you try to restrict the module on the target town only? I think this should be possible

you could restrict the civilian module to an area only, then move the area to wherever the nearest town is to the objective.

+1 to this and also switch off the lights on the ground vehicles as well, seems unfitting when everyone is on night goggles yet the light is switch on.

Thanks for keeping those suggestions coming. But I think the spetsnaz models mixed with mvd models don't look so good. The way it's now is the best you can get with the vanilla units. If you want something more varying and you have OA, you could try the addon version.

Is then there a way to remove the balaclavas from some of them? This would be sufficient.

Well I still didn´t complete this campaign. Why? Because Arma keeps crashing when playing it.

Example: I play a mission and encounter the enemy. Short after that the Game crashes.

Why do I think its your missions fault?

If I revert to the Autosave at the start of the mission, and do everything like i did before, the mission will crash again shortly after making contact with the enemy.

The RPT also says its your Mission that does something wrong

I cut out the important part and higlighted the very important parts

Id Veh-1130170 not found

Action::Process - No target

=======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00000000

graphics: D3D9, Device: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series , Driver:aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1065

resolution: 1280x1024x32

Addons:

Distribution: 1487

Version 1.59.79600

Fault address: 00000000 00:00000000 Unknown module

file: TheForgottenFew (__cur_sp)

world: chernarus

Registers:

EAX:2A782238 EBX:2A782258

ECX:2A782258 EDX:00000002

ESI:00000001 EDI:2BC6D690

CS:EIP:0023:00000000

SS:ESP:002B:0183F288 EBP:0183F2AC

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010246

Do you have any Idea whats wrong there? :confused:

Strange, i completed campaing without single CTD. Just intro CTD for in in middle so i need skip it. Outro worked ok.

Well, I've been trying to play this, and it's obvious my PC isn't capable of handling it. No matter what I do, for example, the intro is always incredibly slow and stuttery as the LODs fail to load quickly, and don't get me started about when the camera switches to a completely different location, lol.

I tried skipping the intro and got to the main part of the mission, which took a while to catch up, but then ran at a constant 20 FPS, or it went lower. Good thing I'm looking at getting a new PC! I'll definitely use this as a performance increase check when I get it. :p

Just in case it helps you, King Nothing, or anyone else, here are my current PC specs:

• Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
  • Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
  • nVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 1GB
  • 2GB DDR2 RAM @ 800MHz

And my graphics settings:

a2co_graphics_settings.jpg

Well i not have problem with actual missions Zipper. Even on my Core Duo 2 2.66MHz, 2GB ram and Nvidia 8600 GT 256 RAM. Sure i have gfx toned down. Its nicely playable. Just as you said Intro runs terrible and even cause crash on out of mem in middle. I just need skip it. ON my work PC with 6 cores and some 1GB ati card it works pretty well. Time to upgrade GFX for home PC here too :) I dont like that preloading intros idea. As i said otherwise whole concept is genial idea and proven to work.

Another idea King Nothing: Planing UI seems inconsictent to me. Let me explain. It ssomewhat hacked in. You cant easily access quit/load/save. I managed this when i quickly repeatedly hit ESC key. Alt+ F4 is not nice standard way i think. After that you are stuck without Planner UI look and no way to bring it in. I suggest to change planning UI to be activated via laptop action in front of you. Keep restricted movement ( you can just sit and look around as now) and add action to activate Planning UI via laptop in front of you. Issue solved and it will be pretty consistent and smoothly integrated into ARMA UI. Like now it looks like not nice override.

Edited by ataribaby

About the civilian module, did you try to restrict the module on the target town only? I think this should be possible
you could restrict the civilian module to an area only, then move the area to wherever the nearest town is to the objective.

Yeah I can try restricting the module.

Well I still didn´t complete this campaign. Why? Because Arma keeps crashing when playing it.

Example: I play a mission and encounter the enemy. Short after that the Game crashes.

Why do I think its your missions fault?

If I revert to the Autosave at the start of the mission, and do everything like i did before, the mission will crash again shortly after making contact with the enemy.

The RPT also says its your Mission that does something wrong

I cut out the important part and higlighted the very important parts

Id Veh-1130170 not found

Action::Process - No target

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00000000

graphics: D3D9, Device: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series , Driver:aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1065

resolution: 1280x1024x32

Addons:

Distribution: 1487

Version 1.59.79600

Fault address: 00000000 00:00000000 Unknown module

file: TheForgottenFew (__cur_sp)

world: chernarus

Registers:

EAX:2A782238 EBX:2A782258

ECX:2A782258 EDX:00000002

ESI:00000001 EDI:2BC6D690

CS:EIP:0023:00000000

SS:ESP:002B:0183F288 EBP:0183F2AC

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010246

Do you have any Idea whats wrong there? :confused:

Hmmm well the error message looks like something you should send to devs rather than me. Looks like a game bug of some kind.

Well, I've been trying to play this, and it's obvious my PC isn't capable of handling it. No matter what I do, for example, the intro is always incredibly slow and stuttery as the LODs fail to load quickly, and don't get me started about when the camera switches to a completely different location, lol.

I tried skipping the intro and got to the main part of the mission, which took a while to catch up, but then ran at a constant 20 FPS, or it went lower. Good thing I'm looking at getting a new PC! I'll definitely use this as a performance increase check when I get it. :p

Just in case it helps you, King Nothing, or anyone else, here are my current PC specs:

• Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
  • Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
  • nVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 1GB
  • 2GB DDR2 RAM @ 800MHz

And my graphics settings:

[iM]http://www.zipper5.com/pictures/a2co_graphics_settings.jpg[/img]

I have quite old computer too, planning to upgrade it this summer. My average fps is around 20-25 and it's quite decent, maybe just used to it. :p

Well i not have problem with actual missions Zipper. Even on my Core Duo 2 2.66MHz, 2GB ram and Nvidia 8600 GT 256 RAM. Sure i have gfx toned down. Its nicely playable. Just as you said Intro runs terrible and even cause crash on out of mem in middle. I just need skip it. ON my work PC with 6 cores and some 1GB ati card it works pretty well. Time to upgrade GFX for home PC here too :) I dont like that preloading intros idea. As i said otherwise whole concept is genial idea and proven to work.

Another idea King Nothing: Planing UI seems inconsictent to me. Let me explain. It ssomewhat hacked in. You cant easily access quit/load/save. I managed this when i quickly repeatedly hit ESC key. Alt+ F4 is not nice standard way i think. After that you are stuck without Planner UI look and no way to bring it in. I suggest to change planning UI to be activated via laptop action in front of you. Keep restricted movement ( you can just sit and look around as now) and add action to activate Planning UI via laptop in front of you. Issue solved and it will be pretty consistent and smoothly integrated into ARMA UI. Like now it looks like not nice override.

You could just click on "map and tasks" during mission plan to hide the window and access the game menu.

Ok I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I have made quite a set of new features, changes and fixes, including many issues people here have requested. Only needs a little more testing and fixing few things. The bad news is that I will be away for the next 2 weeks and can't access my work. You need to wait for maybe 3 weeks to get your hands on this. :o

Only needs a little more testing and fixing few things. The bad news is that I will be away for the next 2 weeks and can't access my work.

Wifi? Laptop ... how can you possibly take a break from a computer at such a crucial time? :)

Just upload it, we will do the testing. This is a Beta anyway!

It would definately be a good thing to get it out before I leave so that I will have reports on it ready when I get back. I'll be leaving tomorrow. I could maybe have enough freetime meanwhile to have it fixed and uploaded. But it could be unstable. Let's see...

EDIT: Oh and I won't have enough time to convert it to the original version, so Build 049B will only be for the addon version if I release it tomorrow.

Edited by King Nothing

Hoblaa, I did it! What I said yesterday was just bs, forget about it. I managed to release both versions of the Build 049B. Still! I didn't have enough time to test them properly so all the testing goes to you. See first post for download links. Also since I was asked to provide an alternate link in addition to the 4shared link, I uploaded the build also to FileFront. :)

Old links to Build 048B are still there in case the newer build isn't stable.

Build 049B

•NEW: K.I.A gallery added to mission plan, found under platoon management section

•NEW: Unit statistics added to mission plan, found under platoon management section

•NEW: Ground transport emergency stop radio command (0-0-1) added to ground insertion

•NEW: 3 new jukebox radio songs added, making total of 17 songs

•NEW: Mission number shown in main mission plan menu

•CHANGED: More interesting and suitable color palette used in all dialog windows

•CHANGED: Air transport has lights on only in Friendly territory

•CHANGED: Ground transport driver speaks directly instead of via radio during insertion

•CHANGED: Increased the probability of a day light mission in all mission types

•CHANGED: Rainy weather is now less probable

•CHANGED: Reworked all Fog/Mist/Rain particles. Effects made more subtle, visually appealing and increased visibility

•CHANGED: Weather changing during mission is now little less probable

•CHANGED: OPFOR class vehicles removed/replaced from enemy vehicle class arrays to prevent enemy kills marked as friendly ones

•CHANGED: Ural with ZU-23 was undervalued

•CHANGED: Map closes automatically after Mission Plan

•CHANGED: Land transport doesn't spawn inside base anymore for better realiability

•FIXED: Original campaign version: Default loadout bug

•FIXED: Strongpoint mission type: Garrisoning men escaping from house vicinity now considered neutralized

•FIXED: Tweaks in weather management script

•FIXED: Weather transition fully executed before mission start

•FIXED: helicopter sometimes not landing near waterline

•FIXED: A couple of minor ground insertion issues

•FIXED: Skipped time in ground insertion now correlates with skipped distance

•FIXED: Spark squad now forced to board extraction vehicle

•FIXED: Spark won't report casualties when units removed from group anymore

•FIXED: Glitch with intro cutscene causing a "black hole" and ctd, added a minor fix

•FIXED: Few typos

Thanks. Impressive list. Gonna try go thru campaing again.

Wow, that's an impressive changelog King Nothing. I feel deeply inclined to trudge through the 20 FPS limit just to play it. :p

Awesome, dl now :D

thanks for the alternate links!