KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

yea i used that debug trigger but i couldnt see enemys no more. il try wait for enemy reinforcements.

@kingnothing

was the first mission in the campaign

So did you get to finish the mission, how did it go?

Just to report my issues on previous posts were due to me being a complete idiot and not realise I still had XP in /3gb switch mode ... shamefull.

Anyway, love the intro, love the menu options and way its used to start missions, pretty much loved all of it (should be used for Official BIS missions!) ... now I just need time to play the missions for better feedback than my list of user errors.

Ah, good news then, for me and for you. :)

Sounds like a nice campaign but will try it out after bug fixes

Would also be nice to have the BLUFOR edition in the future

What bugs are you referring to? The only real bug than I can confirm so far is helo sometimes not landing if the LZ is set near the waterline at the coast. But I will add improvements in the near future so if you wish to wait for the campaign to mature over time it's ok, as you wish. :)

About the bluefor version, I dunno, do you mean americans? That would mean at least getting new voice actors to replace the russian voices. And americans, well... been there, done that. For me the russians are a welcome and fresh experience compared to american forces.

I'm ukrainian so I have a chance to see those kind of OPFOR weapons and units IRL so they aren't as interesting to me as BLUFOR ones

Maybe when the campaign will reach the final version with your permission I'll do a BLUFOR edition?

First I'd just like to say... Wow. I'm pretty much speechless at the quality of this mission. I can't even imagine how much work you must have put into this. This single mission seriously rivals anything that is in ArmA 2 by default; DLC's included.

I managed to get through 3 missions. The first two went flawlessly. Then on the third, everything went to hell. We managed to take control of the city without any losses, but then the enemy counter attack killed half of my men. 4 in my squad died, and 2 from the other squad. All at the hands of a tank that rolled in and caught us unprepared. I actually felt kind of bad too see all those men die. But we pulled it together and destroyed the tank, and cleared the city of enemies once again.

But then on the 4th mission, en route to the LZ on a helicopter, the pilot decided to slam into a tree killing us all. Not a very fitting end to this epic journey but an end none the less.

Through my 3 missions I encountered absolutely no bugs or glitches or crashes... well except for the helicopter crash that ended it all, but that's no fault of yours. Just the excellent ArmA piloting AI, and from my limited experience in scripting and mission creation, I know that no amount of scripting can ensure the drunk pilots stay clear of trees 100% of the time.

All in all though, well done. Seriously. Best mission I have ever played.

I must say very good and atmospheric dynamic campaing! Well done. Work of pure genius!

Saw this on first mission:

Team memeber #3 had no firearms in inventory and he get stuch as soon i issued get kneel stance command. I got missiong image error as soon i accessed weapon caches in first mission (it was one to hunt down and destroy weapon caches). And last where i can equip explosives to my team? Relly on target enemy chaches i dosent like.

Otherwise prfect immersive feel. Like original ARMA2 razor campaing where you get tied to your team. Thumbs up for your work.

Btw i used ARMA 2 1.09. WIthout OA or other DLC loaded this time (i not installed it yet) and used TheForgottenFew_048B_Hotfix.7z

Edit:

Just read whole thread and i see it can be a missing AK pack. Well you have no such requirement for vanilla ARMA 2 version listed there. Any other requirements i need for TheForgottenFew_048B_Hotfix.7z

EDIT2: :) just saw you removed that dependency for vanilla version, Dunno whats wrong. Maybe its not fully removed? and my team mate #3 suffer from this? I will try make screen with missing bitmap message when i access weapon caches

EDIT3: :)) Just saw i can select loadout for sqad, good work. Scratch my bitching about explosions. Just one suggestion, can you close map by script after one select insertion point? I got map cursor as second one when i continue work with your planning UI or examining squads.

Edited by ataribaby

I'm ukrainian so I have a chance to see those kind of OPFOR weapons and units IRL so they aren't as interesting to me as BLUFOR ones

Maybe when the campaign will reach the final version with your permission I'll do a BLUFOR edition?

I see. Sure, you're free to do modifications if you want. But let me see it before you release it anyways. :)

First I'd just like to say... Wow. I'm pretty much speechless at the quality of this mission. I can't even imagine how much work you must have put into this. This single mission seriously rivals anything that is in ArmA 2 by default; DLC's included.

I managed to get through 3 missions. The first two went flawlessly. Then on the third, everything went to hell. We managed to take control of the city without any losses, but then the enemy counter attack killed half of my men. 4 in my squad died, and 2 from the other squad. All at the hands of a tank that rolled in and caught us unprepared. I actually felt kind of bad too see all those men die. But we pulled it together and destroyed the tank, and cleared the city of enemies once again.

But then on the 4th mission, en route to the LZ on a helicopter, the pilot decided to slam into a tree killing us all. Not a very fitting end to this epic journey but an end none the less.

Through my 3 missions I encountered absolutely no bugs or glitches or crashes... well except for the helicopter crash that ended it all, but that's no fault of yours. Just the excellent ArmA piloting AI, and from my limited experience in scripting and mission creation, I know that no amount of scripting can ensure the drunk pilots stay clear of trees 100% of the time.

All in all though, well done. Seriously. Best mission I have ever played.

Yeah I noticed helicopters usually dropping altitude to 2-3 meters when it's about 10 meters away from the LZ once I switched to CO (OA). Even when there's trees at that point where it drops altitude. That wasnt there in vanilla Arma 2. Try using VFTCAS, this at least avoids some stupid cases of helicopter crashes.

But thanks, I'm glad you like the campaign. :)

I must say very good and atmospheric dynamic campaing! Well done. Work of pure genius!

Saw this on first mission:

Team memeber #3 had no firearms in inventory and he get stuch as soon i issued get kneel stance command. I got missiong image error as soon i accessed weapon caches in first mission (it was one to hunt down and destroy weapon caches). And last where i can equip explosives to my team? Relly on target enemy chaches i dosent like.

Otherwise prfect immersive feel. Like original ARMA2 razor campaing where you get tied to your team. Thumbs up for your work.

Btw i used ARMA 2 1.09. WIthout OA or other DLC loaded this time (i not installed it yet) and used TheForgottenFew_048B_Hotfix.7z

Edit:

Just read whole thread and i see it can be a missing AK pack. Well you have no such requirement for vanilla ARMA 2 version listed there. Any other requirements i need for TheForgottenFew_048B_Hotfix.7z

EDIT2: :) just saw you removed that dependency for vanilla version, Dunno whats wrong. Maybe its not fully removed? and my team mate #3 suffer from this? I will try make screen with missing bitmap message when i access weapon caches

EDIT3: :)) Just saw i can select loadout for sqad, good work. Scratch my bitching about explosions. Just one suggestion, can you close map by script after one select insertion point? I got map cursor as second one when i continue work with your planning UI or examining squads.

Missing weapon: I can cofirm this. There's still a mistake about the default weapon settings, these are for the addons version of the campaign. I will fix this soonish. This not that bad though, just go to the weapons loadout and set the loadout you want and it should work ok.

Missing bitmap: I don't know what this is. Haven't had any error message in that mission so if you can provide the picture that would help.

Closing map: I can maybe add this, let's see.

But then on the 4th mission, en route to the LZ on a helicopter, the pilot decided to slam into a tree killing us all.

Which game build do you use?

Official patch or beta?

I haven't seen such for several beta builds, but if such is still happening, I better use vftcas. :)

I can only agree with the people above me; this campaign is very well made, very immersive, a true masterpiece.

Something strange happened when I was playing a mission, though. My team encountered an enemy T-72B, so I ordered my two men carrying RPG's to engage it. But since they were unable to hit it after several attempts, I decided to do it myself. After three hits the tank was finally put out of commission and the crew members surviving the explosion were routed or killed. Now for the interesting part; after the tank was destroyed, my team shot me. Turns out, the tank was listed as a friendly casualty, while the crewmen were listed as enemy casualties.

I suppose it has something to do with me using the Chechnya Addon version.

When I was first trying out this campaign, the mission wouldn't load after the planning stage. After five minutes of staring at a black screen, I restarted ArmA 2 and loaded the mission again, but this time the transport was missing, as were the radio voices for the squad members. So, in order to get to the objective, I had to... improvise.

improvise.jpg

They won't know what hit them...:D

Edited by gonzior
Logic fail

I can only agree with the people above me; this campaign is very well made, very immersive, a true masterpiece.

Something strange happened when I was playing a mission, though. My team encountered an enemy T-72B, so I ordered my two men carrying RPG's to engage it. But since they were unable to hit it after several attempts, I decided to do it myself. After three hits the tank was finally put out of commission and the crew members surviving the explosion were routed or killed. Now for the interesting part; after the tank was destroyed, my team shot me. Turns out, the tank was listed as a friendly casualty, while the crewmen were listed as enemy casualties.

I suppose it has something to do with me using the Chechnya Addon version.

When I was first trying out this campaign, the mission wouldn't load after the planning stage. After five minutes of staring at a black screen, I restarted ArmA 2 and loaded the mission again, but this time the transport was missing, as were the radio voices for the squad members. So, in order to get to the objective, I had to... improvise.

improvise.jpg

They won't know what hit them...:D

No some of the spawnable enemy vehicles are OPFOR insurgent vehicles. They appear as friendly kills when you destroy them. I thought of removing these vehicle classes but I left them there. Didn't think the teammates might turn against you though so now I'll have to remove them. :D Until next patch. The sad thing though is that I think some of the OPFOR vehicles didn't have a correspondent BLUFOR guerilla version, this is why I used some of them in the first place. Or I have to find out how to switch the side of a vehicle if it's possible, so that OPFOR vehicles is considered a BLUFOR

The black screen might have stuck because there wasn't enough space to spawn the ground transport. I'll have to make sure there's more space in the next release.

Good findings. :)

Edited by King Nothing

Finaly got destroy ammo crates first mission agian and made missing texture error picture. Seems it happens only in vanilla Arma 2 (1.09 i am running as i said above) In OA i didnt get this error. Maybe it was different crates as that ones was in little trenchment. I am in 3rd mission so far. Here is some armor and its little bit harder. Need better planning :) Till now missions was brillant and nicely doable. :yay:

Next issue: Intro always crash my ARMA, both vaniall and OA after while intor FOV looks like falling into black hole and game crash with out of mem message. I can overcome this by skipping intro at begining.

error.jpg

Which game build do you use?

Official patch or beta?

I haven't seen such for several beta builds, but if such is still happening, I better use vftcas. :)

I was using the latest beta build. I hadn't seen this happen in forever. This was the first time in I don't know how long. VFTCAS is probably a great idea. I think I'm going to start using it myself.

Holly Cow!! King Nothing!!:eek:

Just finished whole 7 mission Tour of Duty in one row (sometime i reloaded position as i died form my poor leadership and tactics). Still cant close my mouth after closing credits! Its official. This campaing shares #1 with official bonus campaing Eagle Wing and laves Razor team campaing on 2nd place. Brillant mission design what never bored me thru whole campaign playtime. Story dynamicaly infolds via mission briefings leading to ultimate goal in last mission (i successfuly completed it :yay: ). Best user made campaing for me. Period. Cos of my poor tactics, planing, leader ship and execution i lost all my squad reservers. Just 12 men survived till final credits. Two missions ended in disaster really badly. First one, night captive rescue misson, cos of my bad teamwork with spark team it leads to premature fire and lost of 5 spark memebers and 2 torch members together with captive execution. Second disaster was ambushed convoy where i lost 2 torch members and gurelias killed all convoy survivors. On other misisons i lost none or just one man. Totaly love voice acting, fits really well in and not lame .Comms with spark team are awesome! Whole base planing and tactical coop with spark team is great and adds immersion about to be with your men even more than with razor campaing. Dynamic battlefield is really dynamic. Sometimes CAS made hard work and my team just purged remains for emnemy forces in town. Fire missons worked like charm. Mortars saved my ass in one mission. To sum this up, even in beta state and with its small issues (none of them prevented me to smootly come to the end) its winner for me and cant wait for new version. Finaly someone implemented smart and useable transport where heli not kicked you out in moment wheels touch ground and usualy harm you or some team members as it imedietly take off. Hat off how you handle all cases behaviours on battlefield. For eaxample in last misison i had one hind available. I used it for transport and then for CAS. I completed mission and hind was still on cas above us and in monent i called it for extraction he nicely switched to extraction task and picked up as on designated location. He dosent get confused or stuck. Thumbs up! I cant imagine mission cleaning script after mission end :) Thanks to your russian friends who helped to make this looks and sounds real.

Here is my final result:

Succeeded in ultimate last mission goal, 12 men survived, 17 points in total and 74% success ratio. As i said i am not very bright platoon leader :bounce3:

Here is my suggestions that can make this gem evem more polished in my opinion:

- Name unit with some typycal russian armed forces name and cool nick. Like 324th Assault Regiment "Night Owls/Hounds/Bears..." (i dont know actual naming conventions, just i hope you got my idea) and add that name to breifing screens.

- Add date and time to each mission briefing and make avtual missions reflect this on player hand watches. Each mission can advance date by time or day or two. For me that unit name and time tracking is what makes campaing special. All that small touches and details. Also i dont know if ground travel "Time passed by..." actualy wind clock little forward to simulate fast travel ( just checked this and wow. It winds up time really). Maybe give option to disable this and let ground travel ride all way. I will use it for immersion.

- Add option to not end eavcuate objective 2km away but actualy on base arrival. Same as above i will use it as immersion thing.

- I saw MI-17 Albatross listed in available transport is actualy MI-8 in transport dropdown list.

- Disable spark team manipulation (drag and drop adding and removing from/into spark team) when spark team is unavailable for mission.

- Make option to enable/disable spark team for mission when available. For some easier missions i want keep AI at home than risking their lives.

- in Extraction dialog texts refer as insertions in drop down boxes

- With two teams and just one heli available i was not able to select heli (8 seats hind) for my team and ground transport for spark team. Maybe its intentional or limit of scripting.

- Maybe its already there. For outro make walking team reflect number of actualy survived soldiers in both teams.

- I do not like that quick weather changes. I got 1 minute changes in fog/rain. Please set weather for each mission with none or just one change in someme time after mission starts ( 10 minites or so) isnt ARMA misison has setting to blend from one weather to another? i will like this more than some super duper weather changing script. I saw fog comes in and out in 10 seconds, same for rain.

- make KIA list in platoon UI. I think someone had this idea in this thread.

- fill Map Diary with brief missions history so far. How was task, how it ended and list of KIA instead of just generic beta version message. Just use it for story telling do far one can read if intersted.

Hope you get this as constructive ideas and not just bitching... :) Campaing is awesome even in its current state.

Edited by ataribaby

I finally gave this a go.

First thing:

Amazing job on the cutscene, that was really well done, i wonder how you made the warlord animate on top of the bmp? that was a nice touch.

one thing tho:

the warlord on top of the bmp was blinking a bit. (as in move a bit, quick flash, then move again flash)

just finished the first mission and doing the second. Im running it with ace to see if it works, and so far no bugs at all with it and ace running (except script load time is increased, but i have no real problems with it loading an extra couple of seconds)

only thing that kind of was annoying for me was in the first mission where the fog was jumping back and forth between very close and very far. It stablized for sometime afterwards, but initially it was changing too fast.

that might be an issue with ace tho, so im not going to suggest it as a bug.

another thing was the hints. They were difficult to read because the mission planning interface and and hint colors would merge. And sometimes the mission overview would overlap with the hints as well. No solution comes to mind either, except maybe titletext at the bottom. but even then you cant control it.

Great job on this, especially love the menus you created and the features. The number one best campaign i have played so far.

only thing that kind of was annoying for me was in the first mission where the fog was jumping back and forth between very close and very far. It stablized for sometime afterwards, but initially it was changing too fast.

Its not Ace. I got this too. With constant rain on/off.

Holly Cow!! King Nothing!!:eek:

Just finished whole 7 mission Tour of Duty in one row (sometime i reloaded position as i died form my poor leadership and tactics). Still cant close my mouth after closing credits! Its official. This campaing shares #1 with official bonus campaing Eagle Wing and laves Razor team campaing on 2nd place. Brillant mission design what never bored me thru whole campaign playtime. Story dynamicaly infolds via mission briefings leading to ultimate goal in last mission (i successfuly completed it :yay: ). Best user made campaing for me. Period. Cos of my poor tactics, planing, leader ship and execution i lost all my squad reservers. Just 12 men survived till final credits. Two missions ended in disaster really badly. First one, night captive rescue misson, cos of my bad teamwork with spark team it leads to premature fire and lost of 5 spark memebers and 2 torch members together with captive execution. Second disaster was ambushed convoy where i lost 2 torch members and gurelias killed all convoy survivors. On other misisons i lost none or just one man. Totaly love voice acting, fits really well in and not lame .Comms with spark team are awesome! Whole base planing and tactical coop with spark team is great and adds immersion about to be with your men even more than with razor campaing. Dynamic battlefield is really dynamic. Sometimes CAS made hard work and my team just purged remains for emnemy forces in town. Fire missons worked like charm. Mortars saved my ass in one mission. To sum this up, even in beta state and with its small issues (none of them prevented me to smootly come to the end) its winner for me and cant wait for new version. Finaly someone implemented smart and useable transport where heli not kicked you out in moment wheels touch ground and usualy harm you or some team members as it imedietly take off. Hat off how you handle all cases behaviours on battlefield. For eaxample in last misison i had one hind available. I used it for transport and then for CAS. I completed mission and hind was still on cas above us and in monent i called it for extraction he nicely switched to extraction task and picked up as on designated location. He dosent get confused or stuck. Thumbs up! I cant imagine mission cleaning script after mission end :) Thanks to your russian friends who helped to make this looks and sounds real.

Here is my final result:

Succeeded in ultimate last mission goal, 12 men survived, 17 points in total and 74% success ratio. As i said i am not very bright platoon leader :bounce3:

Here is my suggestions that can make this gem evem more polished in my opinion:

- Name unit with some typycal russian armed forces name and cool nick. Like 324th Assault Regiment "Night Owls/Hounds/Bears..." (i dont know actual naming conventions, just i hope you got my idea) and add that name to breifing screens.

- Add date and time to each mission briefing and make avtual missions reflect this on player hand watches. Each mission can advance date by time or day or two. For me that unit name and time tracking is what makes campaing special. All that small touches and details. Also i dont know if ground travel "Time passed by..." actualy wind clock little forward to simulate fast travel ( just checked this and wow. It winds up time really). Maybe give option to disable this and let ground travel ride all way. I will use it for immersion.

- Add option to not end eavcuate objective 2km away but actualy on base arrival. Same as above i will use it as immersion thing.

- I saw MI-17 Albatross listed in available transport is actualy MI-8 in transport dropdown list.

- Disable spark team manipulation (drag and drop adding and removing from/into spark team) when spark team is unavailable for mission.

- Make option to enable/disable spark team for mission when available. For some easier missions i want keep AI at home than risking their lives.

- in Extraction dialog texts refer as insertions in drop down boxes

- With two teams and just one heli available i was not able to select heli (8 seats hind) for my team and ground transport for spark team. Maybe its intentional or limit of scripting.

- Maybe its already there. For outro make walking team reflect number of actualy survived soldiers in both teams.

- I do not like that quick weather changes. I got 1 minute changes in fog/rain. Please set weather for each mission with none or just one change in someme time after mission starts ( 10 minites or so) isnt ARMA misison has setting to blend from one weather to another? i will like this more than some super duper weather changing script. I saw fog comes in and out in 10 seconds, same for rain.

- make KIA list in platoon UI. I think someone had this idea in this thread.

- fill Map Diary with brief missions history so far. How was task, how it ended and list of KIA instead of just generic beta version message. Just use it for story telling do far one can read if intersted.

Hope you get this as constructive ideas and not just bitching... :) Campaing is awesome even in its current state.

Thanks, I'm glad to hear you finished the campaign and you liked it!

Some good bug findings again. Thinking about few of them, how can I have been so blind! Few good suggestions too, I'll add these to my list. Thanks for the report.

About disabling Spark. You can already do that in 2 ways. Either go to Spark loadout dialog and by unticking the units or go to platoon management and drag the units out of the squad. About the weather switching, thanks to BIS' own weather system, a constant rainstorm weather is not possible without some glitches, BIS weather system is trying to override any rain value all the time. I don't know hot disable this if it's even possible.

First thing:

Amazing job on the cutscene, that was really well done, i wonder how you made the warlord animate on top of the bmp? that was a nice touch.

one thing tho:

the warlord on top of the bmp was blinking a bit. (as in move a bit, quick flash, then move again flash)

just finished the first mission and doing the second. Im running it with ace to see if it works, and so far no bugs at all with it and ace running (except script load time is increased, but i have no real problems with it loading an extra couple of seconds)

another thing was the hints. They were difficult to read because the mission planning interface and and hint colors would merge. And sometimes the mission overview would overlap with the hints as well. No solution comes to mind either, except maybe titletext at the bottom. but even then you cant control it.

Great job on this, especially love the menus you created and the features. The number one best campaign i have played so far.

Thanks for the report. The weather issue is the same described on the post above. Rain is getting overridden by BIS weather system. I guess I'll have to let go the idea of a total rainstorm until BIS fixes this.

Anyway, next version is in the works and it will introduce a couple of nice features!

Yeah untick all spark members works like charm. Thanks for tip. Looking forward to new version. Any teaser list of new features/fixes? :)

Edited by ataribaby

Just downloaded the ACE 2 version and I don't even see this in my campaign folder. Plus I get an error saying briefing is missing.

Just downloaded the ACE 2 version and I don't even see this in my campaign folder. Plus I get an error saying briefing is missing.

Lol, what ACE 2 version? And as it says in the readme this goes into the missions folder. I know, techincally this is a mission but a "7 missions long mission" wouldn't make any more sense either. ;)

Anyway I have worked on the next patch and I'll maybe release it within the next week. I'm going abroad again next week so I'll try to get the patch out before that.

managed to finish it ^^. first 3 missions everyone made it (except i died 3 times in the third, and once on the fourth)

then the next 4, dam. Lost half of my squad when i was assaulting a village (spark managed to get out okay :O) then i lost spark and two of my guys when i had to help secure the ambushed convoy. one of my guys died under the helicopter when we were trying to extract, and spark got lost and never made it to the evac chopper lol.

managed to finish it with 9 men left. Pretty bad, but ill probably play it again to see if i can do better.

However i noticed a tiny problem when i called for extraction after mission 6 (the convoy ambush one)

the mi6 landed and my guys got in, however spark was still engaging and so i stayed back a bit to offer some support.

The mi8 took off without me, and started flying around the ao. I tried to get it to comeback down again, but it wouldnt. I had to order all my men to disembark in order for it to land, then tell them to get in again when it landed, so that i could get in as well.

I think because it took off to early, spark got confused and never moved to the extraction point, and ended up dying in the process.

Perhaps check for better conditions when the chopper should take off?

managed to finish it ^^. first 3 missions everyone made it (except i died 3 times in the third, and once on the fourth)

then the next 4, dam. Lost half of my squad when i was assaulting a village (spark managed to get out okay :O) then i lost spark and two of my guys when i had to help secure the ambushed convoy. one of my guys died under the helicopter when we were trying to extract, and spark got lost and never made it to the evac chopper lol.

managed to finish it with 9 men left. Pretty bad, but ill probably play it again to see if i can do better.

However i noticed a tiny problem when i called for extraction after mission 6 (the convoy ambush one)

the mi6 landed and my guys got in, however spark was still engaging and so i stayed back a bit to offer some support.

The mi8 took off without me, and started flying around the ao. I tried to get it to comeback down again, but it wouldnt. I had to order all my men to disembark in order for it to land, then tell them to get in again when it landed, so that i could get in as well.

I think because it took off to early, spark got confused and never moved to the extraction point, and ended up dying in the process.

Perhaps check for better conditions when the chopper should take off?

Yeah sometime things go very wrong in a mission, tested a mission yesterday and only 4 out of 12 men got back to the base. :D Good to hear you finished the campaign.

Odd that the heli took off and would get down. The script should keep the hole down untill both groups are in. This is the snippet from the script:

// land
while {({!(_x in _HeliVeh) and (alive _x)} count ((units _Grp1) + (units _Grp2))) > 0} do {
_HeliVeh land "GET IN";
sleep 1;
};

_Grp1 and _Grp2 are Torch and Spark. So practically if the helo takes off before it should the script makes it land again. Are you using some beta version of arma 2? Because I saw a part where it said that an helo engaged by enemy will now take off.

EDIT: Oh and actually I have already fixed the Spark issue you mentioned. Now it should be forced to board the extraction vehicle when it arrives. :)

Edited by King Nothing

Lol, what ACE 2 version?

Lol... I had a major brain fart there. :D Good god... have no clue as to why I said that but then again. I downloaded quite a few new missions to try and got confused. :o Ok... will move it over to the missions folder.

Suggestion:

Include an Option to abort CAS.

I was attacking a camp and had a Hind providing CAS. But Somehow the Hind just wouldn´t stop shelling the stronghold with unguided rockets. Don´t know if there were still enemys inside but I wanted to go and check it....well I got killed by the Hind...

So an Option to tell the Choppers to abort CAS and RTB would be usefull

This campaign is top notched, should have been the way BIS do it. Is there a text translation for the intro?

Edit: operative #3 seems to be running around unarmed till you manually arm it via gear dialog.

Edited by Muahaha

Suggestion:

Include an Option to abort CAS.

I was attacking a camp and had a Hind providing CAS. But Somehow the Hind just wouldn´t stop shelling the stronghold with unguided rockets. Don´t know if there were still enemys inside but I wanted to go and check it....well I got killed by the Hind...

So an Option to tell the Choppers to abort CAS and RTB would be usefull

This campaign is top notched, should have been the way BIS do it. Is there a text translation for the intro?

Edit: operative #3 seems to be running around unarmed till you manually arm it via gear dialog.

The CAS cancellation has been suggested earlier and I will implement it in future patches, not in the next one yet though. I know your problem, an Mi-8 once sent a huge volley of rockets when I was cleaning up an enemy garrisoned house and died.

Also I have confirmed and fixed the bugged default loadout in the non-addon version for the next patch.

Could you please add a little more variation to the characters in the addon free version? Right now you always have 4 MVD Soldiers (which look all the same) and one Medic. Maybe you want to replace one or two of those MVD guys with the default Spetznaz Soldiers.

whoa!! I just read the whole thread and I am really wanting to join in this. If you have some spare time would it be possible to have the dl come from like say gamefront.com? I'm on VSAT and sites like megaupload, 4shared are blocked by the ISP.

If not I can wait for it to come out of beta.. it will just be painful suppressing my wanting to play. :)