Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA release candidate 1.59 build 78955

----snipp----

Putting the rifle on the back and getting Javelin ready - takes just 2.5 seconds. Meaning that if you are riding in some tank and see some AI it just gets its AT launcher out and blasts you away before you are even able to react.

----snipp-----

But you forgott one thing though. The jav needs time to lock on aswell :p

So I need to join the military because I want to play the game, not run around fragging and spamming rockets like 12 years old?

No, you probably just need a glass of water or something...

Thank you bohemia! Great update and the best developer support ever. You guys rock.

So lets get this straight .... if I download and install this patch, will i be able to apply the FULL patch over the top of it (when it is released) ?

So it seems BIS decided to ruin the game after all

Yes, perfect way to open your complaint. Start it with slandering the guys who could potentially fix your issue in the future. Personally, that made me stop reading the rest of your post. Let's try to not be so dramatic.

All I want to know is WHO complained about the animation speeds in the first instance?

Not broken = Don't fix it !

Downloading in SLOW mirror at the moment so will test later.

I do applaud BIS for patching .... especially on a Sunday ! Good Job!

That's probably dependent on if the version number stays the same between this release candidate and the final release. Just to be safe I'd recommend backing up your Arma 2 folder before installing it.

Thanks for the patch.

I don't really care too much for the animation speeds as I was using Truegameplays sped up transitions already and found those adequate enough.

I just wanted to point out that this is the LEAST amount of texturing popping I've encountered so far. My test was to plop myself down by cherno and run into the city panning around and zooming in as I do it. Hardly any and I mean any popping or bad transitions occured. Some still did but that was more of a distance issue.

Thanks again.

sound volume bug in trial by fire still here.

No hud in ah1z.

They should be fix as they've been reported many months ago and mark as resolved in "Upcoming version" ?

BIS has removed weapon collison. Nice! It improves close combat and movements in houses/archs/doors etc, so very important in PvP game.

They have tweaked and therefore improved it - weapon and body collision is still there.

And yes it is very good news to see it improved.

"improved" - it can be nice or it can be worse.

Depends on how you like to play the vanilla game: in a more authentic way or in a more casual/gamey style... ;)

Guess that most people prefer authentic or "realistic" over fast & furious gameplay in Armaverse. BIS should not break/dumb down the gameplay of this great game. No need to make it more accessible for the scene of avid killstat/headshot players.

Maybe all BIS devs should simply play their game with the eyes of a player who likes to have a authentic/"realistic" Combined Operations feeling? :)

Yes yes you know it all.

I have a question regarding the Arma 2 1.09 Patch

ARMA2 v1.09

* Fixed: I2 - mission is not failling before the takeoff.

* Fixed: C1,I1 - SD pistol mags were missing.

* Fixed: C5 - high command icons were not loaded.

* Fixed: C6 - task waypoint for transport important POW is fixed.

* Fixed: C3 - smuggler not shooting.

* Fixed: C2 - Pepan is not at the pump.

* Fixed: I1 - Shilka too strong.

* Fixed: I1 - Razor is hunting down one enemy on whole chernarus.

* Fixed: minor fixes in (CZ/RU) dubbing protocol.

So there are Missions CX and IX. First I thoght C is for campaign, but The last Point says I1 says something about razor. So what does C mean, and what does I mean?

... i hate the new animations

well then play in FP , keep your eyes on the target/area and stop gawking around at the scenery and what others are doing. Suck it up and pay attention...:p ;)

Well, in CoD reloading can at least be a tactical element, while in ArmA2 it´s just...nothing (you would have to take in further consideration) :(

I can reload (AK-74M) and do some action faster in RL than in current 1.59 patch.

I never hook with gun for corners and other stuff because of weapon collision in RL, but in "realistic" 1.57 I do.

If you're acting like a dumb u need to go military, feetness club and learn to shoot.

So BIS made a step to realism with 1.59.

Well, in CoD reloading can at least be a tactical element, while in ArmA2 it´s just...nothing (you would have to take in further consideration) :(

This.

Reloading as it functions in arma2 (since release) is an action of very little consequence. Its lightning fast, doesn't slow you down, and doesn't discard-- or make the spent magazine unavailable(temporarily). This is unfortunate because choosing when to reload should be a tactical/survival choice of massive importance.

As the RCs should have shown most of us no amount of timing tweaks will produce a good solution. The only real hope is for Arma3 or the next DLC can come with a better and tighter set of whole-body-animations.

-k

I don't think they should have touched the animations but they have.

And any ways I now only ever play with ACE so the animations in the normal game can stay how they want for all I care now because I am sure ACE team will readjust.

The poll was ignored and still they changed the animations why I don't know.

Never mind though maybe it is until they fix the real problems people are complaining about and that's the lack of interrupt able animations though my self I have never thought of that to be an issue really.

Great game and great dev any ways and I know the game is in good hands.

Can anyone who's got it make a decent mirror available please?

All the ones from multiupload have terrible speeds and the ones I have tried so far drop connection half way through.

Guess that most people prefer authentic or "realistic" over fast & furious gameplay in Armaverse. BIS should not break/dumb down the gameplay of this great game. No need to make it more accessible for the scene of avid killstat/headshot players.

Maybe all BIS devs should simply play their game with the eyes of a player who likes to have a authentic/"realistic" Combined Operations feeling? :)

I think that the animation improvements are going the right way. Does that make me a killstat/headshot player who needs the game broken and dumbed down? A painfully slow and disabling stance change that encourages the use of workarounds (changing on the move), and standing up just to throw a grenade (because other stances are so damn slow) were the broken things.