Sign in to follow this  
hitokiri

Red Hammer Studios T-80 Pack 1.0

If there is a seperate power source available this might work, else the turret movement needs the turbine to be powered up. I'm not aware if there is some sort of APU available for the T-80B models. The commanders gun isn't operated remotely on the M1A2. Or do you mean something like the TUSK RWS? Nevertheless, thanks RH for this incredible tank pack - can't wait for some U series T-80. ;)

Tbh I didnt really look it up because I took it as a given on such a decently modern version, but according to this page at least some T80 versions do have a APU.

[The T80] Vehicle is fitted with the GTD-1000T gas turbine engine, developing 1 000 horsepower. Advantages of such engine are it's compact dimensions, high power output and ability to start when the temperature is up to -40°C. However it has a number of drawbacks. Most notable of them are high fuel consumption, troublesome maintenance and high unit price. The T-80 is also fitted with auxiliary power unit, powering all systems, when the main engine is turned off.

T-80A have this (Remote commander machine gun) ability it most advance version in pack

Thx for the heads up. Probably didnt test that one.

Yeh but Kenji isnt the only tank maker ;)

you mean armoured vehicles maker? ;)

Oh, I just want to note, that this T-64/80 saga began in OFP era and seeing these babies released again, but tottally changed is really pleasant.

You would be surprised what kenji can do with basic oxygen2.

you mean armoured vehicles maker? ;)

Oh, I just want to note, that this T-64/80 saga began in OFP era and seeing these babies released again, but tottally changed is really pleasant.

You would be surprised what kenji can do with basic oxygen2.

Yeah, the greatest thing would be to see the OFP T-80UM1 driving around in Chernarus ;).

Id rather wait till Kenji decides to make a new one, the OFP one wouldnt look so nice in A2 :D

Yeah, the greatest thing would be to see the OFP T-80UM1 driving around in Chernarus .

Know exact what model i make unfortunate T-80UM1(arena) T-80UM2(droyzd) are not on list as never go past prototype

Know exact what model i make unfortunate T-80UM1(arena) T-80UM2(droyzd) are not on list as never go past prototype

Yep, I know. But they are awesome. Actual versions are U and UM, I think.

Thanks a bunch this pack looks great!, I cant wait until the T-62 pack comes out.

:confused:

What ?! A T-62 pack is coming out ??? Who will make it ? When ? How ?

Sorry for the offtopic !

There is a T55/62 pack in the works but i think its still a good bit from release.

Kenji works on other T80s and T64s now.

Top marks on detail as always. You've done something that I've wanted to do for ages, which is delay the INSTANT startup present on so many vehicles that makes things quite arcadey, top marks for that. Given the solution you used I'm suprised I didn't think of it! Gives a lot more flexibility for sound modders to create true to life startup sequences.

Any chance to add in a couple of skins?

I agree - perhaps Topas or another talented skinner could be consulted to give Kenji a break and bring a bit o' colour to the T80s?

I would really like to see the CDF, Russian and Takistani variants have paint jobs commensurate with their T72 brothers.

Yeah wouldnt mind seing the T-80 in its mad yellow green and grey green schemes....

Were talking about it atm and i think yes there will be camo versions.

Old layout wasnt very good for that as some parts were mirrored and the ERA bricks didnt allow different colours so i need to check if Kenji changed that, if not in this versiosn then it will be in a not too far away update.

Featured will be classic russian tree colour and offcourse also the greyish distortion camo.

Oh and while were at it, i want to see screens in the photo thread Ladies & Gentlemen! ;)

Back in the OFP days a release thread usually was at least 25 pages long and spawned a few dozen pics in the combat photos threads... :D

Will post a few myself when im home later.

Edited by Shadow NX

Oh and while were at it, i want to see screens in the photo thread Ladies & Gentlemen!

Back in the OFP days a release thread usually was at least 25 pages long and spawned a few dozen pics in the combat photos threads...

Will post a few myself when im home later.

Agreed - Parvus, NSX and WaZaaaa! were usually all over it, to mention but a few. I still remember the wonderful ORCS vs. RHS infantry warz in the picture threads. :)

I will post a quick one. :)

Agreed - Parvus, NSX and WaZaaaa! were usually all over it, to mention but a few. I still remember the wonderful ORCS vs. RHS infantry warz in the picture threads. :)

ahh memories.

Will get click'n

very nice work and an absolute pleasure to play with.

Thank you for this addon

RHS team you guys are incredible and been so since OPF days, love you all. :D

Hello RHS, very nice T-80, I noticed though from some testing(before the test I found it out the hard way in my custom missions, lol) that the T-80's stand no chance against BIS M1A1's, I don't know if this was intentional or not.

M1A1's Kill T-80's with single shots from frontal arc, While the T-80 takes upwards of three from frontal arc.

Not complaining, awesome work.