Sign in to follow this  
hitokiri

Red Hammer Studios T-80 Pack 1.0

Hello RHS, very nice T-80, I noticed though from some testing(before the test I found it out the hard way in my custom missions, lol) that the T-80's stand no chance against BIS M1A1's, I don't know if this was intentional or not.

M1A1's Kill T-80's with single shots from frontal arc, While the T-80 takes upwards of three from frontal arc.

Not complaining, awesome work.

T-80 is not super tank need remember autoloader limit length of APFSDS projectile so as result unlike western tanks HEAT rounds are the most powerful rounds at the gunners disposal in the T-80.

If are playing modern secnario under 1500m switch ammo to 3BK-31 it will either mobility kill or kill M1A1 outright with single round to front. If over 1500m use APFSDS or ATGM reason are HEAT have slower muzzle velocity so chance of hit are higher with the much faster APFSDS or the guided ATGM.

Armour wise all T-80(T-80A is most heavily armoured in the pack) are weak v M1A1 like they are in real life only the T-80U varients are close to the M1A1 in terms in armour, these will be in a future pack but until then you will need to fight smart ^_^

Hello RHS, very nice T-80, I noticed though from some testing(before the test I found it out the hard way in my custom missions, lol) that the T-80's stand no chance against BIS M1A1's, I don't know if this was intentional or not.

M1A1's Kill T-80's with single shots from frontal arc, While the T-80 takes upwards of three from frontal arc.

Not complaining, awesome work.

The biggest problem with adequately representing Soviet and Russian armour in game is that the Russians rely on Explosive Reactive Armour (ERA) applique tiles. These, when triggered by an impacting HEAT jet or APFSDS penetrator, detonate and force a plate laterally into the path of the jet or the penetrator, destabilizing it and reducing its penetration efficiency, or in the best case scenario, completely destroying it.

BIS doesn't let us model the effects of ERA. ERA is not a "+300RHAe to the armour value" kind of calculation. It either works or it does not. Because Russo-Soviet vehicles rely on ERA for the bulk of their protection, this means that the T-80s appear weak. As Hitokiri told me while testing them; "fight smarter, AKM-san." Make use of their high speed and low silhouette to get around to the flanks and destroy the Abrams.

Im having some issue with the tanks. Main gun does not show smoke blast when shooting, if i place one of the tanks by itself on an map it shows the smoke blast, but if i put any other type of unit from BLUFOR side on the map with the RHS tanks they dont show the smoke from the main gun. I dont know whats going on and where to go about to fix this issue. Any help would be very nice. Im still using patch 1.54 would that have anything to do with it?

Are you using any other addons? Special effects addons like blastcore?

Yes, Blastcore and JTD Fire and Smoke. Hopeing that it would not be the issue with Blastcore or JTD, if so could you make them work with them? This would be very nice as Blastcore and JTD are very well done mod's to the game as the RHS addons are too.

Edited by 1in1class

Sorry i'm a bit late but : thanks a lot for this incredible addon. It's a real pleasure to play with, as always with your work. Can't wait to see what's coming next :)

Again, thanks for this great work guys !

edit : ho, and nice website ;)

With my issue on the no smoke showing when shooting the main gun, is there anybody with this same issue and that are using Blastcore 1.1? Trying to find out why the RHS tanks are not showing any smoke from the main gun. Crazy thing is when i put the RHS tanks by them self on an map they work just fine with the gun smoke, but as soon as i put any other type of unit or vehicle onto the map the main gun does not show smoke:eh:

Simple. There's something in those vehicle event handler inits that overwrites something.

With my issue on the no smoke showing when shooting the main gun, is there anybody with this same issue and that are using Blastcore 1.1? Trying to find out why the RHS tanks are not showing any smoke from the main gun. Crazy thing is when i put the RHS tanks by them self on an map they work just fine with the gun smoke, but as soon as i put any other type of unit or vehicle onto the map the main gun does not show smoke:eh:

Yep, I got rid of blastcore. Fixed the problem.

Yep, I got rid of blastcore. Fixed the problem.

how?:confused:

Thanks for the info guy's. I dont see what event handler inits overwrites what, cause when using the machine gun up top in the commander hatch i get the Blastcore effects:rock: Just an issue with the main gun not showing smoke. Think in the next update we could we see this pack work with Blastcore 1.1? All other RHS Armor packs work very well with Blastcore, it's just the RHS tanks main gun's that dont, as there is no smoke when shooting. Hope to see this as there both top notch addon's. Keeps the good work up.

Thanks for the info guy's. I dont see what event handler inits overwrites what, cause when using the machine gun up top in the commander hatch i get the Blastcore effects:rock: Just an issue with the main gun not showing smoke. Think in the next update we could we see this pack work with Blastcore 1.1? All other RHS Armor packs work very well with Blastcore, it's just the RHS tanks main gun's that dont, as there is no smoke when shooting. Hope to see this as there both top notch addon's. Keeps the good work up.

The commander MG is actually out effect, not blascore. We will look into the main gun issue for next version.

how?:confused:

I don't use blastcore....

I don't use blastcore....

same here.

with blastcore i loose dust and recoil animation.

yep, and that's why i got rid of it, that and the bug that blastcore has with the 3omm russkie cannon.

RHS stuff has always taken priority, ever since ofp :)

Great to see a pack for one of my favorite tanks, especially so well done. Very much looking forward to your T-80U pack as well.

I'm wishing you'd do the famed T-80UM1 (I think that's what it's called), the demonstration model with Arena APS, but that's probably out of your scope of interests--one can hope anyway. Awesome pack nonetheless.

Great to see a pack for one of my favorite tanks, especially so well done. Very much looking forward to your T-80U pack as well.

I'm wishing you'd do the famed T-80UM1 (I think that's what it's called), the demonstration model with Arena APS, but that's probably out of your scope of interests--one can hope anyway. Awesome pack nonetheless.

Know exact what model i make unfortunate T-80UM1(arena) T-80UM2(droyzd) are not on list as never go past prototype

Ah, didn't see that. Makes sense too, though a bit of a shame.

Any chance to see the config fixes and replacement config officially released submitted to SA many weeks ago?

Any chance to see the config fixes and replacement config officially released submitted to SA many weeks ago?

hey man, not until next big release I'm afraid, but from what I'm hearing that might not be too far off ;)

too bad

hey man, not until next big release I'm afraid, but from what I'm hearing that might not be too far off

you and shadow have perfected cloning? ^_^