Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

BIS Module Improvement Project

I'm sorry for posting here if its wrong, but I got a question regarding this.

Is there by any chance a possible to modify the script to add extra worlds? For example, Namalsk?

I don't think the maker of Namalsk set up locations and stuff correctly. I've never gotten it to work.

Hmm I noticed that when I tried manually add towns in Namalsk, anyways I saw ZORA was here and it caught my interest as I know you can make a pretty decent "Enemy Spawning" rate etc, and I was wondering - How to enable ZORA func. here into ZORA module??

hi. this imprved module really makes adding civs easier without screwing performance.

one question, everytime i get in a spawned vehilce i hear a song about cars from hell or something. at first it was cool, but now it drives me mad. how do i disable? pls...

Guys, I haven't updated this code for a while. MSO uses it and its getting heavily modified with client-side AI, etc - so the too have gone seperate ways. Hence, I'm not really supporting it anymore - sorry.

If anyone wants to pick it up (they can take ownership of it on Dev-Heaven) feel free to PM me.

I've simply been taking the MSO code and stripping out everything except the module improvements and a few functions, in the interest of getting a more up-to-date version of the MIP basic idea. Is that necessary? Can I just use this? Do you mind if I frankenstein MSO's stuff for my own personal use?

No not at all - go for it.

Where as previously I tried to ensure the code could move between MIP and MSO, I am no longer able to do it, as MSO code is getting very different to MIP. But you are welcome to do as you wish with it.

One more question: in the manual, it speaks about "registering the factions with the game engine" by placing units and setting their probability to 0. Is it necessary to do this for every faction (e.g. USMC, US Army, BAF) or can I simply place a unit for each side (BLUFOR)?