Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

BIS Module Improvement Project

To remove all debugging information comment out (or remove) these rows (in the following files in the mip-folder):

init-silvie.sqf

Row 10 (BIS_silvie_mainscope setVariable ["debug", true])

init-animals.sqf

Row 10 (BIS_animals_debug = true)

init-alice.sqf

Row 18 (BIS_alice_mainscope setVariable ["debug", true])

Simply setting the variables to false didn't do it for me.

Is it normal to see civilian running around the town? It looked awkward, seems they kinda running away from something. They never seems to walk around even if there are no enemies around (just me and the civs module)

They do walk around eventually - not sure why sometimes they;re fine and other times they're not. They do react to the environment, like if there are plenty of soldiers, they huddle together. But its really the AI, bit of a black art TBH.

Excellent project!

Question: the mod version of this project..how to use it? I just let the server load it as one of the mods and all normal BIS modules will be replaced by optimized BIS modules from this project?

Thanks again,

Excellent project!

Question: the mod version of this project..how to use it? I just let the server load it as one of the mods and all normal BIS modules will be replaced by optimized BIS modules from this project?

Thanks again,

zGuba made the mod version. I'll see if he can jump on and comment.

Well it's not that easy, the issues that require changing mission files and adding MIP there are still there. I'll investigate it more in the future, I hope with more success than till now.

Depending on what you're trying to do, it may work.

As stated on the MIP FAQ (http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mip#FAQ):

1. Why do I need to add those two lines above into my module INIT?
    This was the only way I could work out to override the module functions.
    • The BIS_fnc_locations override is only for custom locations, while
    • The BIS_ALICE2_fnc_civilianSet is only for ambient civilians in ALICE2 to spawn safely inside Chernarus(ALICE1) buildings.

[*]How do I get Garbage Collector to scavange automatically (SP, Hosted or Dedicated)?

Add:

BIS_GC setVariable ["auto",true];

to your Garbage Collector module INIT, and it will auto scavenge for dead bodies and destroyed vehicles every 5 minutes.

Thanks guys for the answer! We are going to use MSO in a dynamic campaign that I'd love to keep 100% online. A new way to live a persistent battlefield experience, that is true. ArmA can be relaxing and exciting at the same time, couldn't ask for more :)

Question: is a persistent server necessary? I was thinking of putting a server up specifically for MSO purposes..

Question: is a persistent server necessary? I was thinking of putting a server up specifically for MSO purposes..

Yes, NOMAD the module that tracks players keeps all its data in RAM, not disk. Maybe one day.

Awesome. You have me on this ;) Just what we need for our "Reezrepo" dynamic campaign :)

To remove all debugging information comment out (or remove) these rows (in the following files in the mip-folder):

init-silvie.sqf

Row 10 (BIS_silvie_mainscope setVariable ["debug", true])

init-animals.sqf

Row 10 (BIS_animals_debug = true)

init-alice.sqf

Row 18 (BIS_alice_mainscope setVariable ["debug", true])

Simply setting the variables to false didn't do it for me.

Yep, its not working for me to. Is this somehow able to fix it ??

Yep, its not working for me to. Is this somehow able to fix it ??

Can you describe what its doing? Is it just showing markers?

Oh nvm i got it done by removing those lines.

Can i make that in some towns/villages spawn and dont spawn civilians ? For ex. civilians are spawning in Chak Chak but i dont want them to spawn over there or i want them to spawn in areas i want. And one more question does civilians (when they spawn ) kinda make game laggy or ..?

Can someone explain me little bit more about this code ? Wanted to add Rasman, Feruz-Abad, Nagara and Garmsar as only spawn areas.

this setvariable ["townlist",[bis_loc_acityc_mogilevka,[position this,3000],trigger1]];

Edited by matosinec

I put this :

BIS_alice_mainscope setVariable ["townlist",[trigger1, trigger2, trigger3, trigger4]]; 

In the editor just make a trigger name Trigger1 on rasman, trigger2 on Feruz etc ...

I tried and didnt work, i placed in editor 4 triggers named them like in your code and still whole island is being populated.

Oh nvm i got it done by removing those lines.

you dont need to remove the lines, you can just comment them out with //:

//BIS_alice_mainscope setVariable ["debug", true];

If you put

//

at the start of a line in sqf scripts then this line will be ignored. In sqs you use

;

for that.

If you dont want the whole island being populated you can try it this way:

add

this setvariable ["townlist",[town01,town02,town03]];

to the initline of the Alice2Manager-logic

put location-logics type citycenter on your map and name them town01, town02, and so on.

You could also add a trigger area. Then all locations within the trigger area will add to the townlist. This works only on vanilla islands or other islands/maps that support ALICE!

this setvariable ["townlist",[trigger01,town01,town02,town03]];

I'm trying to get the african civilians to spawn on isla duale using alice. If I use alice(1) it works fine. I want the improvements to alice2 though. If I use alice2 it spawns russian and takistan civilians and a few africans.

I used the export, and discoved that using alice1 the townsfactions and civilian and vehicle classes were <null>. With alice2 the townsfactions was BIS_TK and the class lists was all the civilians in the games.

I tried setting the townsfaction to objNull when using alice2, it did not change anything though.

Is there a way I can get this improved alice2, to only create africans on isla duala??

Thanks.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ambient_Civilians doesn't mention it, but you can set default civilian factions for ALICE2 using:

BIS_alice_mainscope setVariable ["townsFaction",["CIV","CIV_RU"]];

Saying that though, I have no custom faction code for Isla Duala, which makes me wonder why you have to specify it. I've liaised with Icebreakr about Isla Duala and Lingor, and the use of ALICE2 and MSO, and I'm pretty sure everything should work by default.

Just tried again.

First I tried without the MIP template. With Alice1 it was only duala civilians. With Alice2 it was duala civilians + all other civilians, basically randomly chosen from all the CIV factions it could find.

Then I tried the MIP template same result. I changed the isladuale case to include this line:

BIS_alice_mainscope setVariable ["townsFaction",["CIV_AFR"], true];

And tried with:

BIS_alice_mainscope setVariable ["townsFaction",[], true];

However, there was still russian civilians among them.

Here is the export if that will be useful:

"----------"
"ALICE2 default settings"
"townlist = [L 1-1-A:9,L 1-1-A:10,L 1-1-A:11,L 1-1-A:12,L 1-1-A:13,L 1-1-A:14,L 1-1-A:15,L 1-1-A:16,L 1-1-A:17,L 1-1-A:18,L 1-1-A:19,L 1-1-A:20,L 1-1-A:21,L 1-1-A:22,L 1-1-A:23,L 1-1-A:24,L 1-1-A:25]"
"spawnDistance = 700"
"trafficDistance = 1000"
"civilianRarity = []"
"civilianCount = round (5 * (sqrt %1))"
"civilianActions = ["BIS"]"
"respectModifyCoef = 0.7"
"threatDecay = 5e-005"
"ALICE_civilianinit = [{_this setSkill 0},{
{_this disableAI _x} count ["AUTOTARGET","TARGET"]
},{_this allowFleeing 1},{removeAllWeapons _this},{removeAllItems _this}]"
"townsFaction = ["CIV_AFR"]"
"ALICE_alltowns = [L 1-1-A:9,L 1-1-A:10,L 1-1-A:11,L 1-1-A:12,L 1-1-A:13,L 1-1-A:14,L 1-1-A:15,L 1-1-A:16,L 1-1-A:17,L 1-1-A:18,L 1-1-A:19,L 1-1-A:20,L 1-1-A:21,L 1-1-A:22,L 1-1-A:23,L 1-1-A:24,L 1-1-A:25]"
"ALICE_classes = [["Citizen1",0.5,"CIV",0],["Citizen2",0.5,"CIV",0],["Citizen3",0.5,"CIV",0],["Citizen4",0.5,"CIV",0],["RU_Citizen1",0.5,"CIV_RU",0],["RU_Citizen2",0.5,"CIV_RU",0],["RU_Citizen3",0.5,"CIV_RU",0],["RU_Citizen4",0.5,"CIV_RU",0],["Worker1",0.4,"CIV",0],["Worker2",0.5,"CIV",0],["Worker3",0.4,"CIV",0],["Worker4",0.4,"CIV",0],["RU_Worker1",0.4,"CIV_RU",0],["RU_Worker2",0.5,"CIV_RU",0],["RU_Worker3",0.4,"CIV_RU",0],["RU_Worker4",0.4,"CIV_RU",0],["Profiteer1",0.6,"CIV",0],["Profiteer2",0.6,"CIV",0],["Profiteer3",0.6,"CIV",0],["Profiteer4",0.6,"CIV",0],["RU_Profiteer1",0.6,"CIV_RU",0],["RU_Profiteer2",0.6,"CIV_RU",0],["RU_Profiteer3",0.6,"CIV_RU",0],["RU_Profiteer4",0.6,"CIV_RU",0],["Rocker1",0.5,"CIV",0],["Rocker2",0.5,"CIV",0],["Rocker3",0.5,"CIV",0],["Rocker4",0.5,"CIV",0],["RU_Rocker1",0.5,"CIV_RU",0],["RU_Rocker2",0.5,"CIV_RU",0],["RU_Rocker3",0.5,"CIV_RU",0],["RU_Rocker4",0.5,"CIV_RU",0],["Woodlander1",0.4,"CIV",0],["Woodlander2",0.4,"CIV",0],["Woodlander3",0.4,"CIV",0],["Woodlander4",0.4,"CIV",
"ALICE_classesVehicles = ["Tractor","UralCivil","UralCivil2","Skoda","SkodaBlue","SkodaRed","SkodaGreen","datsun1_civil_1_open","datsun1_civil_2_covered","datsun1_civil_3_open","car_hatchback","car_sedan","hilux1_civil_1_open","hilux1_civil_2_covered","hilux1_civil_3_open","Ikarus","Lada1","Lada2","LadaLM","MMT_Civ","V3S_Civ","VWGolf","TT650_Civ","UAZ_Unarmed_TK_CIV_EP1","Ural_TK_CIV_EP1","TT650_TK_CIV_EP1","Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1","Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1","Ikarus_TK_CIV_EP1","hilux1_civil_3_open_EP1","LandRover_TK_CIV_EP1","Old_bike_TK_CIV_EP1","Old_moto_TK_Civ_EP1","S1203_TK_CIV_EP1","SUV_TK_CIV_EP1","Volha_1_TK_CIV_EP1","Volha_2_TK_CIV_EP1","VolhaLimo_TK_CIV_EP1","V3S_Open_TK_CIV_EP1"]"
"ALICE_actions = [[bin\config.bin/CfgCivilianActions_EP1/BIS/stay,"stay","_twnthreat <= 0","ca\modules_e\alice2\data\actions\safe_stay.fsm",1,0,1,[],""],[bin\config.bin/CfgCivilianActions_EP1/BIS/walk,"walk","_twnthreat == 0","ca\modules_e\alice2\data\actions\safe_walk.fsm",1,0,0,[],""],[bin\config.bin/CfgCivilianActions_EP1/BIS/hideOut,"hideOut","_twnthreat > 0","ca\modules_e\alice2\data\actions\combat_hideOut.fsm",0.1,1,0,[],""]]"
"ALICE_topics = ["ALICE_BIS","ca\modules_e\alice2\data\kb\"]"
"ALICE_screams = ["BIS",["ALICE_Scream_01","ALICE_Scream_02","ALICE_Scream_03","ALICE_Scream_04","ALICE_Scream_05","ALICE_Scream_06","ALICE_Scream_07","ALICE_Scream_08"]]"
"rarityurban = <null>"
"ALICE_townsize = 466.667"
"initArray = []"
"civilianActions = ["BIS"]"
"civilianConversations = ["BIS"]"
"blacklist = []"
"----------"

I'm not sure what to do to solve it. If you want more data let me know.

Not at home so I cannot test this stuff but I have a few questions.

1. I guess I download the 20110331 file and then the addon? Just ignore the 20110315 file? What is that addon file?

2. It sounds like cars and traffic are included in this ALICE2 improvement so I would not need to put a SILVIE mod on my map anymore?

3. I can now use this ALICE2 on maps like Utes from A2 instead of the original ALICE/SILVIE mods?

Many thanks to anyone who answers these questions from an unsure noob!!

Edited by Lanzfeld