Sign in to follow this  
AZCoder

Gambit Royale campaign by AZCoder

this looks amazing, thanks for sharing.

How do I install a campaign?

I created a mod folder, and put in the required add ons which start up just fine. And I put the key in the keys folder.

But then I have the campaign pbo file, which I'm not sure what to do with.

I put it into my Missions folder in OA & Arma 2 (tested both), and it doesn't appear under scenarios or campaigns.

^^^^

Make sure your Campaign folder has an "s" in it--->Campaigns--->game_pbo

Hope that helps.

^^^^

Make sure your Campaign folder has an "s" in it--->Campaigns--->game_pbo

Hope that helps.

thanks, that helps a lot!

I had been reading about a Campaigns folder, but I did not have that folder anywhere as this is my first downloaded campaign.

So I just made a Campaigns folder within my main Arma2 folder and dropped the pbo into it.

@touristo: PM sent with location.

Just an advisement, version 1.03 of the campaign will be released as soon as I'm done testing the whole thing, which can take another day or two. It fixes the direction indicator problem by using markers on the map:

I don't know what causes the indicator to stop working, although I've seen it act flaky at times. The next version still uses it, but I also added some green flags to possible locations to find the SEAL team. If the indicator is working, you should always trust it and not waste your time looking at each flag. We can assume that command has provided enough Intel about the most likely locations, but the homing signal will always point to your destination.... when it works.

@Wiggum: it uses the BIS first aid + Battlefield Clearance. I went around quite a bit on this, considered writing my own (might still do that down the road), I liked Norrin's revive, DAP looked interesting but it seems to require the addon to work AFAIK. Also I'm not sure if UPSMON has its own system or what, but the enemy will heal fallen comrades which I like, and it does use UPSMON, but that doesn't affect you as a player of course. Long answer, but yeah it uses the BIS modules for player healing.

@Sweep: not to confuse the answer, but apparently if put your campaigns folder inside of the Expansions folder, then you will only get each user-created campaign listed once. Otherwise they will list twice. No harm, just looks silly. Unless BIS fixed that recently, don't know.

Edited by AZCoder

Version 1.03 of Gambit Royale is now available, with updated download link in the first post. A number of significant scripting changes were made, and the 2nd mission has been changed to a version that I had originally planned to release. The first half of that mission is mostly the same, but the second half is completely different. Most of the other changes to the campaign are intended to reduce CPU load.

First thank you Coder for the amazing job you've done. I'm really enjoing the campaign.

I would like to know if it's possible to unlock more weapons to chose from the briefing section at the start of each mission.

After all I guess that being a Delta means also having a vast array of state of the art weapons and tools to do your job, unless of course you're alone in a covert mission behind enemy lines and you have to use whatever you're able to find around.

But from what I've seen till now, most of these are planned military operations...

Sorry if it's been asked before.

Thank you!

Download all optional weapons pack for this campaign and then you can choose more weapons in briefing.

Doesn't work.

I downloaded the RH 416 pack, the RH MGS pack and the R3F armes, but I still get the same few weapons at mission start.

Any help would very appreciated.

thank you

I'm 100 % sure I did everything right with the Addons installations.

Anybody has an idea?

Maybe in first few missions you dont have to many weapons to choose. I remember that in later missions i run with famas and others weapons, maybe just for checking things use cheat "campaign" in menu of this campaign i lunch 7 or 8 mission and check briefing du you have more weapons to choose.

maybe just for checking things use cheat "campaign" in menu of this campaign i lunch 7 or 8 mission and check briefing du you have more weapons to choose.

Sorry Tom, could you explain this better?

Thank you!:)

Wenn you lunch arma 2 go to campaigns choose Gambit royale.

You see list of mission, now press left shift and minus key from numeric keypad. Release both keys and write campaign. If you du all properly now you see all missions for this campaign. Select one of the later missions to determine if you have the selection of weapons in the briefing, if so, go back to the mission selection and select the mission that you played as last.

This is a good question, and let me explain the selection process.

Although I scripted the campaign to dynamically include weapons based on the mods you have loaded, this is not possible on the briefing screen because those weapons are defined in Description.ext. Since I don't want errors popping up, the Description.ext list only includes weapons that I know everyone will have available.

So the extra "addon" weapons are available in ammo crates where it was realistic to do so. Here is a breakdown by mission:

Retribution - n/a

Conspiracy - n/a

Deception - no, although I debated it, but it didn't make sense to have a weapons crate sitting around in Chernarus with the best weapons in the open

Scirocco - weapons crate at "The Ranch" on the 2nd floor first bedroom

Turbulence - weapons crate at barracks opposite control tower, but wait a minute before running to it :)

Infiltrator - no, because it wouldn't make sense

Maelstrom - there are weapons crates at the base, but it's limited due to the out of control situation in this mission

Final Mission - there is no US support in this mission, but there are Takistani crates

Also the campaign should persist your chosen weapons from mission to mission, starting from Scirocco. The intention of the latter part of the campaign is to show that things are really going downhill, and you're forced to use your training as Delta to get the job done. That is why the gun mods are optional.

I have tried and tried to get this game going but my RPT reads as:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.rus_camo_des, rh_aks_cfg

Missing addons detected:

rus_camo_des

rh_aks_cfg

I have downloaded and re-installed those two files at least three times already.

I know I have them in the addons folder within their own folder.

I just don't know what to do any more. I cry tears of magma.

@Kommiekat: thought you already played it some time ago :)

I remember when this was released in March, someone posted a similar error, it turned out they had an older version of RH_AKS. You should have "rh_aks.pbo" and "rh_aks_cfg.pbo" in your addons, which is part of this download:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9029

and of course you should have this download of Russian Camo:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10563&highlight=ARMA9W

I was never thrilled with this co-dependency, but I really needed the Russian hardware in desert camo for this campaign, something that ACE does not offer, and it needed to be more modern than KSOR offers.

Also if it is still not going, please let me know which mission (is it the first?) and if this is the newest version 1.03 of the campaign. I mean, I just looked at the sqm for it, and those 2 addons are required as they should be.

I cant get passed the mission where you escape the prison, as soon as i walk through the gate i get gunned down, there is no-one i can see i just get gunned down no matter how fast i run....

@up

Dont go trougth the gate, first search the camp, in wc [toi-toi] ;) you can chenge close there, you can find weapons in this camp and you can also call Cas if you find "antena" -plane will drop few bombs, you can escape with helicopter and maybe with a boat but im not sure about that boat.[\SPOILER]

@logandog1240, I'm sure this is far too late, but if you have the 1.03 version, I had simplified the breakout process and the mission is longer than earlier releases. You just need to explore inside the compound a bit like tom3kb said, and after the first objective is met, just wait a couple minutes for events to unfold.

Also each mission, if you look at the journal, has a hints section where I tried to put in clues for areas where I thought there could be questions, including this very question :)

And lastly, I am working on another release, mostly because I wanted to make some plot points more clear. So far I have been debating with myself for the last 4 weeks over how much to change. My original concept for the campaign had major differences that I regret removing, so basically I am trying to decide if I am making a sequel to this campaign, or a totally unrelated 2nd campaign.

Its not that importent if this will be a sequel or new story ;) the best news is that you plan making new campaign :).

I have pretty much decided on what I'm doing. I have been building missions and experimenting since September, and the plan is this:

1> Release version 1.04 of Gambit Royale. For one, I spun through it last night on the 1.60 patch and the last mission was unplayable. It was extremely slow, even after restarting the game. Also the sound in a few cutscenes is now really loud. There will be some other tweaks as well.

2> Work on and eventually release a new campaign with new characters, some of which have already been developed. It will be a SEAL campaign, which is what I had planned to do with Gambit in the first place, and it will use the CSLA mod because I really like it and want a different sort of enemy. Also, when I say SEAL, it really will be a multi-role campaign, and fairly long. You will play not only a Navy SEAL, but also an AFMC grunt, and a CSLA officer involving straight on combat, special ops missions, a rescue the civs mission, and much more.

Campaign with Csla mod great :D , one of the best mod from ofp times, i like the idea that we dont fight against russians, the Csla or FIA will be the main bad guys right ?

Ps: I remember that few months ago guys from mod write that there be update with new campaign, mission and units but so far no new news about update.

Hi AZCoder

first my congrats to your very well made campaign. I'm enjoying it thoroughly . . . very well done. I love the story so far. I only played 3 missions and the 3rd one I haven't finished yet. But I couldn't resist to leave a comment. Love the voice acting and the mission concept as well as the plot.

First mission completed without problems.

My escape out of the prison camp was a bit different, might have to replay the mission after reading a bit in this topic. After I went outside I explored the camp a bit. when I knocked on that particular door I was politely told in Russian "to f**k off" So I didn't get the equipment no gun no map no anything. Cowardly I left the hostage to her destiny and got the hell out of the camp on foot, avoiding all the patrols I encountered. So I crossed the water where the indicator was and got the hell away from the camp. at a certain point I was told to cross the enemy territory to get to RHIB which I did. I reached the RHIB not withstanding I was shot in the legs when I was quite close to it. Once boarded the RHIB I got the hell out of Dodge and the mission ended. No patrols encountered on my way to the RHIB apart from the units close to it . . . lucky I am.

3rd mission Deception. Here I encountered my first problem. I'm at the third objective right now but my squad won't fall back in formation no matter what. I move them currently around with on map click which works. But they won't follow me. It's a bit strange because it happened in the middle of the mission.

Keep going on playing, now

Thanks for this great campaign. I go back to play Deception. will give some more feedback soon.

Cheers