Sign in to follow this  
Conure

Really enjoying it but...

Got an i5 750 overclocked to 3.9GHz, 4GB of 1333MHz DDR3 memory, and run the game from an ordinary 7200RPM SATA2 HDD, and it runs like a dream. Can't max out texture detail and such due to lacking graphics card (GeForce GTX465 768MB) though.

E8400 @ 3.6 Ghz and GTX 460 @ 765/1530/1850.

43 FPS @ Benchmark E08 with Very High preset and low PPE.

I will try those things guys. Thanks!

Sometimes my game drops to like 28fps...Is that considered very low for this game?

cheers

Dude I would cream my pants for 28 FPS. I play this game on a laptop and get between 17-25. On average I am probably right under 20 FPS.

Hey guys,

I am enjoying the game but sometimes it feels very poorly made. I also play the DCS sims (A10 and Black Shark) so I understand the CPU needs of these types of games...The game can be running at 50fps but feel like it's running at 20...Is this normal? I dont know how to describe it, it feels...Sluggish?

My pc specs are..

Core i5 @ 2.8 (but clocks itself up to like 3.2 when gaming)

4gb ddr3 ram @ 1200mhz

GTX 460 SE 1gb

On all normal graphics with post processing off, I am averaging probably 38fps...Though I have a large monitor and this is at 1900-1200..

Does this sound about right? Will I be at a big disadvantage online with this FPS?

Welcome to the forum.

I also notice what you describe, I wrote about it in this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103057

There is also a situation where when the CPU is under heavy load (with lots of AI etc) the game just drops to 28-30 fps and feels like about 18-20/ This even happens online when the server is under load. all clients get pulled down too.

For me to get perfectly smooth input and enjoyable frame rate, my FPS has to be around 35-40 any thing less that this feels much lower for some reason.

Arma is also the only game where I will turn off Vsync (I hate screen tearing). With Vsync on my inputs with mouse and smoothness of the game go to hell, so bad I put up with the screen tearing. Still Fps are high, >30.

Edited by -=seany=-

At the moment I get high 30s fps, I used to get mid teens fps before I upgraded and could still play it, just.

At the moment I get high 30s fps, I used to get mid teens fps before I upgraded and could still play it, just.

It's playable in the high teens, you just can't have too many AI on the map. ;)

Hi, with the ArmA2, i get between 40 to 22fps with this game's settings:

ArmA2_Settings-1.jpg

And this computer settings:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)

Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: EX38-DQ6

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 1587MB used, 1844MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

But... on the OA... i'd get between 21 to 4fps, with the game's settings tweaked down a bit. I have no performance problems on the ArmA2; the OA is a performance problem itself for me. Let's C ya

I would say its more about communities. Try to get in a certain group and play with them regulary, it beats pubbing.

True but there are some good public servers out there...

Cerberus 5 is one of them. :)

I can't really play on US servers because of ping time :( I'm stuck in Euroland.

As for PC specs, the game is being killed for me by my CPU. (C2D at 3.4ghz). I am planning on getting a sandy bridge so I think that will make a big difference. I just hope that I don't also need to upgrade my HD 5870 to a GTX580.