anguis

TacOps Server

Hi all. I am glad to see some action here and just signed up to lend some support.

I was just thinking recently how awesome it'd be to play with you guys again in WGL. Being a support gunner and a Javelin gunner was always a real treat. Overlord and I rocked it when we finished that one desert mission destroying weapons caches. We sure narrowly avoided that BTR-80! I can call out contacts better - I tend to train by myself in the editor practicing spotting and doing some target practice - or just have an epic battle between NPC's. :P

I was also so close to finishing that one urban mission in that Mini Cooper - oh how fun that was catching enemy reinforcements as I attempted to flee the city.

Maybe we can get a hang of that one mission where a BMP-3 nests between two civvy buildings. It's all a matter of holding those ruins on the hill against overwhelming amounts of infantry and armor. I counted at least two or three other armored vehicles most of the time. It's a real challenge. There's just not a lot of time between the first shot against the BMP and getting to a more defensible position against the other threats. Oh well. Also I guess it's because there hasn't been a lot of people available for that mission. As I recall it required more than just one or two fireteams to effectively get through the mission? Anyways....

But yeah, fun times guys. Definitely would love to play again. I still have the files on my external.

What's going on guys!? Anyone still around? Anguis, Zulu1, Overlord? Anyone still get on any Arma servers?

Have you seen this:

I'm looking forward to it - would be great to get online again if anyone's still around?

Hi, Marto! Good to hear from you! I just now got my account problem straightened out (I think) and figured I should check in. This post is, actually, a test to see whether or not my account is really as it used to be. I'm still eager and anxious to play, unfortunately, though, I've had to stay away for a good while that's left me out of touch with folks. Long story short - a house move and a motherbbord crash combined to limit my computing to my phone and an Ubuntu laptop. Slowly, things are moving out of storage and back to use (looking for my  

dang. Phone browser's behaving weirdly and I lost a big post I was finishing. Anyways, working on getting back into the flow of things. Now I know what Sanctuary felt like working on his last mod... :D

Hi, Zulu!

Hi, Overlord!

Hi, daefte!

Hi, Revan!

Hi, Variable!

• Like 2

Hey Anguis and all!
Not to hijack this thread but anyone playing Arma 3 by now? We will love to see your familiar faces on the CiA coop nights, which are still going strong.

• Like 1

No problem, man! CiA made me love OFP. Get in there, folks!

Edited by anguis
typo

Hi Guys,

Been a long time since we were all together. Zwobot has also been lurking around here from time to time.

Still play OFP with a small group of regulars. I was playing Arma2 off and on, but something happened with my Steam installation. I had a mix of retail and DLC and somehow serial numbers got scrambled and nothing works, need a complete reinstall I guess.

I also have Arma3 but I don't play it much. Control setup is a real headache.

Hi dÆfte,

It's been a long time, good to see your return.

Revan has mentioned he might want to play WGL again.

There is no dedicated server around anymore, but I can host some sessions, if anyone wants to play.

I may also know one other guy who is interested too.

One link in the first post here still works if you need the addons.

On 25/8/2017 at 10:15 PM, zulu1 said:

Hi dÆfte,

It's been a long time, good to see your return.

Revan has mentioned he might want to play WGL again.

There is no dedicated server around anymore, but I can host some sessions, if anyone wants to play.

I may also know one other guy who is interested too.

One link in the first post here still works if you need the addons.

I'm always up for playing :)

Hey guys! if any of you are still around here @anguis @marto @zulu1 @dæfte @Revan9190 @ARussianCat @Overlord, people have assembled a nice OFP/ACWA community on Discord.

Come on in! Here's the join link: https://discord.gg/66nUu8WC

People play pretty actively there, there's several dedicated servers running at the moment (thanks to Foie and other notable members).

On 1/16/2023 at 4:14 AM, inlesco said:

Hey guys! if any of you are still around here @anguis @marto @zulu1 @dæfte @Revan9190 @ARussianCat @Overlord, people have assembled a nice OFP/ACWA community on Discord.

Come on in! Here's the join link: https://discord.gg/66nUu8WC

People play pretty actively there, there's several dedicated servers running at the moment (thanks to Foie and other notable members).

Hello - thanks! I'll take a look. I'd like to get back into playing. I'll have to relearn a lot and catch up with a lot. I'm checking back in because I put together a new computer, intending it to primarily be an ACWA server. Hopefully, I can get it going....

Take care, y'all! Happy New Year! 

• Like 2