anguis

TacOps Server

Do you use dyndns or something Anguis?

Hah! I wish I could say I did, but, given a bunch of time constraints, I went with the path of least resistance and bought a cheap replacement video card ($10; a moment of silence, please, for my beloved and very dead ti4600. . .). Along the way, I ended up grabbing an old Radeon SM3 card (another $10; I've learned to prefer Nvidia with Linux) that allows me to play Arma2Free in all its low mipmaps, 800x600 glory. CiA Arma2 Nights, here I come!!!

Hi, folks - the server looks like it's going through some sort of failure. I'm not sure what it is, yet. I'll work through it and hopefully have it back up soon.

Server's back up!

Anyone want to play tonight?

Coop session tomorrow - Sunday -

Ensure you have WGL and TACOPS addons.

Timings:

2100hrs USA (Central I think) time

1100hrs Western Australian Time

0315hrs Norway and German time

It's confirmed.

I think I got the times right... can someone check...pls?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Overlord you should be just getting home from the pub so you can fire up the 386DX and CRT and join in.

Just to clarify, for the US players, that's Saturday, tonight @ 9 p.m. CST. It would be nice to see a good mix of old and new players!

0315hrs Norway and German time

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Overlord you should be just getting home from the pub so you can fire up the 386DX and CRT and join in.

Back from pub, lousy evening, Is that tonight?

And FYI Marto, it's a SX with dedicated

TURBO button!!!!!! and some aussie girls in aussie chlothings....

This?

i386CXSA and i386SXSA (or i386SXTA)

Intel i386CXSA, 25 MHz.

Transparent power management mode, integrated MMU and TTL compatible inputs (only 386SXSA). Usable with i387SX or i387SL FPUs.

Data/address bus: 16 / 26 bits (24 bits for i386SXSA)

Package: PQFP-100

Voltage: 4.5~5.5 volt (25 and 33 MHz); 4.75~5.25 volt (40 MHz)

Process: CHMOS V, 0.8 µm

Specified max clock: 25, 33, 40 MHz

and

This?

oh man, this reminds me, how i miss Martos Briefings! Time to shift to Arma2 Marto? :-)

Hey Tony! Yeah I'm hoping to soon... just gotta organise my supercomputer...

AAR

DTG: 14FEB12 2200hrs HOTEL

Squad:

Squad leader: Marto

Grenadier: Bugs

60mm Mortar gunner: AI

Mortar #2: AI

Mortar #3: AI

Island:

Freya

Mission:

Contact across the road v2

Sequence of events:

(reference map below)

1. Started at "Our location" and came under extremely heavy RPG an indirect HE fire.

2. Withdrew whole squad approx 300m NNE behind 98 feature, enemy shells and RPGs detonating everywhere including airbursts in the treetops.

3. Deployed 60mm mortar baseplate behind 98 feature.

4. Adjusted mortar fire on the enemy position approx 500m SW across the road. You would not believe the first round was on and hit an enemy AFV direct and exploded it. Unbelievable.

5. Fire for effect (FFE) Shake'n'bake: HE/Willie Pete mix.

6. Myself and Bugs maneuvred through the dead ground approx 250m WSW to the 99 feature.

7. Engaged main enemy position with 5.56 and very accurate 40 mike mike by Bugs.

8. By that time the enemy had executed a double pincer move - flanking and engaging us from the NW (far) and SE (close) with 7.62 short and at least 2x RPK and RPG rounds.

9. Returned fire including 40mm but enemy had superior firepower, Marto wounded and bleeding heavily, managed to stop bleeding with field dressings, but by that time Bugs was hit and killed. Marto was then hit and killed trying to extract Bugs' body.

10. Lessons learnt: Lack of rear and flank protection enabled enemy to maneuvre to our flanks undetected until they engaged us - needed to take more TacOps members in our assault group. Mortar team suppressed the main enemy position very effectively. Basic plan was good and warrants another try.

Map:

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2012-02-1323-10-09-70.jpg

60mm mortar deployed behind 98 feature. Main enemy position 500m directly to the front on the feature with the pines:

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2012-02-1323-06-46-85.jpg

60mm Willie Pete burst on enemy position:

wp.jpg

BDA (bomb damage assessment) of enemy position after FFE:

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2012-02-1323-03-43-95.jpg

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2012-02-1323-04-01-42.jpg

Marto and Bugs' position on the 99 feature RIP. Enemy position 300m to the front, across the road on those two small hills:

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2012-02-1323-05-24-50.jpg

A fun mission and unbelievable first round mortar hit on the enemy AFV.

Awesome write up! It is a wicked mission - that WGL AI tends to do a great job in this one. We'll definitely hit it again.

I was working on photos, yesterday. I'll have them up soon.

Edited by Anguis

It's a shame I haven't been keeping up with you guys. Definitely let me know of the next match along with the proper addon folder setup and .pbos and I'll hop into the Teamspeak server and we could definitely try another awesome mission.

Marto, Zulu, and I had an awesome couple of missions last time I was on the server. Good to see those are still going on.

For anyone interested in mortars, check out this 60mm mortar team:

Wow - that's really something to see how much of a punch one of those rounds delivers.

I'll be there! If you're up for a bit tomorrow morning (my time), let me know. I'll pass the word along - Fri, Sat, Sun?

I'll be on in a couple of hours, just going down to the pool for a swim and then dinner. Sat morning and Sunday morning (my time) both good...

Saturday morning?! :(

I could be up for couple hours from 16.00 (UTC/GMT) at Saturday, I work on Sunday :butbut:

I would love to play with you guys

Icarus

That looks to be around 8 a.m. over here - I'll keep my eyes open, if I'm able to play.

As it is, game nights this weekend will be around 10 p.m. CST, both Friday and Saturday; might work in something on Sunday, too.

We had some good games last night with daefte and viking (both with some good AT kills I'll have pictures of, in time). I'll likely not make it on time, tonight (tax prep 'goings on' over here and the computer used for it happens to be my gaming one - boy, did I mis-fire on that setup. . .).

The servers are up for any and all interested - y'all have fun!

Couple of us are on the server now if anyone want to join...

50dxdshot1330105581.th.jpg

Nice hit, Marto! (actually, 'hits' - note the two walls that are down. . .)

94dxdshot1330105688.th.jpg

Viking and I before the inevitable crash and burn:

50dxdshot1330145070.th.jpg

Dang, this camo works!

38dxdshot1330145500.th.jpg

Daefte plants a satchel:

37dxdshot1330152412.th.jpg

---------- Post added at 23:57 ---------- Previous post was at 23:46 ----------

64dxdshot1330152693.th.jpg

Back to the Jeep!

78dxdshot1330152801.th.jpg

Viking inspects a kill:

73dxdshot1330151643.th.jpg

Edited by Anguis

Damn, these pictures make me feel like playing OFP again. Still, after all these years, with all the graphics improvements of Arma, it still looks beautiful to me.

Hey Variable, Good to hear from you.

If anyone is up for a TacOps Coop tomorrow let me know the time.