Sign in to follow this  
Dongolev

Whoa, weird bug. My character gets out of prone and gets shot when reload RPG

I was hiding behind a brick fence on one of the terraced blocks of Paraiso and firing at a tank. I wanted to reload prone while hiding behind the bricks, but when I hit the reload button my character lazily got up like he was taking his midmorning dump before he even finished reloading was lying dead thanks to machinegun fire. Where can I find a patch for this glaring bug?

No bug and there is no patch. There is simply no prone reloading animation for AT weapons of any kind. Solution: look for a better cover.

How is that not a bug? A decrease in realism that increases difficulty is by definition a bug.

A "bug" is a unintended program error. the term is dated back to the 60's when insects cause programm error in old mechanical or vaccum tube computers. Use the right term. A missing feature that was never programed in can not be called a "bug".

I was told about the term "bug" by a old coworker of Konrad Zuse himsself, thats why im a bit picky about using the term for everything someone dislikes on a program.

The main problem herby is that reloading AT in game sworls tenfols as fast as in real life...thats why player try such suicidal stuff like relaoding in the face of an enemy.

Youre not suppose to fire two times from the same place or same lancher. ArmA2 is teaching you wrong tactis and that is why you fail using them.

Edited by Beagle

A missing feature that was never programed in can not be called a "bug".

I was told about the term "bug" by a old coworker of Konrad Zuse himsself, thats why im a bit picky about using the term for everything someone dislikes on a program.

Allowing a prone player to automatically crouch when he intends to reload can be seen as a bug, the 'missing feature' would be reloading while prone, but instead of doing nothing the unit automatically, and unexpectedly for new players, stands up and starts reloading.

EDIT: What the hell am i doing in the ArmA1 forums?

Edited by NeMeSiS

A "bug" is a unintended program error. the term is dated back to the 60's when insects cause programm error in old mechanical or vaccum tube computers. Use the right term. A missing feature that was never programed in can not be called a "bug".

The main problem herby is that reloading AT in game sworls tenfols as fast as in real life...thats why player try such suicidal stuff like relaoding in the face of an enemy.

Youre not suppose to fire two times from the same place or same lancher. ArmA2 is teaching you wrong tactis and that is why you fail using them.

I'm certainly not going to try and contest the definition of a bug. Whatever the proper term me be, it's a gross design faux pas. If the reloading of an anti-tank round is indeed that slow, it should be designed into the game as the intent is realism. But if the game takes liberties with reality to make it a little easier, that doesn't mean it ought to sacrifice realism elsewhere to make it harder.