Sign in to follow this  
Fornax

Recommend some downloadable campaigns/missions

Have done the ARMA 2 campaign "long time ago".

Bought Arrowhead and was looking for a long challenging campaign.

But after 7(?) missions it was all over!?! It felt extremely short imho.

I was really looking for more missions...now it felt like: 1 mission chopper, 1 commander, 1 tank, 1 infantry...finished...ehhh...

I would love to have 10 infantry missions, then moving on to a handfull of chopper missions (could be just simple ones - recce, transport missions) etc.

What is the point of creating a big wonderful world when we barely see it...

Could anyone recommend some downloadable campaigns/missions?

What else to do? Mods?

Are there any "open" online servers?

(Will buy the Private Military and British Armed Forces).

Hoping for more;)

Fornax (Norway)

The "My Missions" are very good!

-

Just try the campaigns by Bardosy

and Operation cobalt should be definately on your list too.

Also search for the Seal Team Six campaigns (there are four of them) and Operation Detachment Delta. That should be enough for a veeery long Time

Download nimitz...... Just land various planes/choppers under various conditions...

could u guys recommend a good campaign wich runs with OA standalone?? Its annoying to DL a campaign and addons just to realize it needs arma 2 allso :mad::mad:

Operation Cobalt is a good campaign.

Yeah gotta agree, was great fun playing it especially as you see missions from more than one side.

I can find some Myke. But nice to get some recommendations.

Tnx for the replies, I will check them out.

Is there an online community for this game? Open servers?

Or just squad-servers?

I find it a bit strange they create a big world, but then there are hardly any missions in the world... Can't be that hard to create long campaigns(many missions) when they already have the world, AI etc.

Fornax: I dont understand what you are saying -- a big world but few missions ??

Huh ??

You are obviously not looking in the right places.

There are multiple maps, and hundreds if not thousands of missions, an editor, and many user-made tools to make your own mission.

Ive been playing this thing for over a year now, and havent run short on missions.

If you like a whole-map sandbox type of thing, try a warfare mission (like BE), or one of the BIS warfare missions.

Use armaholic.com to search for mods, missions, and maps. Use the forums here to keep up with missions/campaigns/mods, etc, both new and old.

Seriously - you can spend 24x7 in arma, and not play all the missions available.

At work now...so Ill check them out when home.

In theArrowhead- campaign there are few missions imho.

In most games the campaign is the BIG thing (like Falcon4, Total War, Civ, IL2(ok, online just as importeant) whatever). That is the main reason you(I) buy the game.

Single missions are more like: Test and learn situation A, Test situation B.

In a campaign you have a storyline, you get introduced to the world, people, vehicles...you get much more involved.

For me to have a campaign with just some simple heli transport missions would be great. Just love flying around looking at the beatiful scenery, learning the terrain, learning where my base is by looking at the terrain etc.

But a having a single lone transport missions would feel...more boring..or at least not as involving as in a campaign.

Therefore I would love to have more and longer campaigns.

And I hear now there are some custom made... but I still think the BIS campaign could and should be much longer. (I don't know the quality of the custom made campaigns).

Maybe I got a bit disappointed at the Arrowhead campaign - just getting to learn the stuff, getting to know the country, terrain, cities...then it finished.

But I check out the Warefare missions.

My 0,2$

In Arma the missions and campaign are just training and tasters. With an editor that is so easy to use BIS can concentrate on improving the game. There are hundreds of missions out there.

Online can be an even more amazing experience but it can also be ruined easily on public servers. Try it out and then join a gaming group/clan and you will see how great this game can be.

In Arma the missions and campaign are just training and tasters. With an editor that is so easy to use BIS can concentrate on improving the game. There are hundreds of missions out there.

Actually, it is safe to say there are thousands. I have over 500 just on my PC ... "76" just released a collection of 1300+ repackaged missions that require ONLY vanilla Arma2/OA

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1877225#post1877225

There must be hundreds of mods and addons, and many in turn feature their own unique missions. There are probably many thousands more user-made missions that have never been released to the public.

Go to

http://www.Armaholic.com->Downloads->Arma2/OA-Scenarios

If you want to fly around and test equipment, go to Armoury and or play the hosted version (Armex)

Edited by MissionCreep

Arma2 is discounted on d2d (uk) at the moment, so grab it quick (16 pounds instead of 30).

Edited by ziiip

Yeah, you should definitely get ArmA2CO, then you can truly enjoy all the game has to offer.

As for recommending missions or campaigns, I would suggest the following:

Operation Cobalt

Delta Force 1

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder

Joint Operations - BAF

Chesty Puller

Pirog

Operation Mighty Justice

Operational Detachment Delta

Seal Team Six

Seal Team Six 4

Virtually any mission by SaOk is great and many are long enough to almost be a campaign by themselves.

Stagler makes some great SP missions. Jelliz has some kewl missions as well.

W0lle has remade a lot of OFP missions for ArmA 2. He's got more that just aren't listed there yet.

=^.^=,,,

Edited by kage74