Sign in to follow this  
wipman

- ArmA2 (Server Browser Dead).

Hi, i've entered to play in MP and most of the servers just gone, hit "Refresh" only did that most dissapeared, same as move the arrow keys ever the +35 playable servers that i use to find on the list, that made 'em dissapear too; it ended like this:

Servers Dead:

ArmA2_Servers.jpg

Most appeared in orange and with pings close to 150 when they use to be under 100, but hit refresh or pass over 'em using the arrow keys made 'em dissapear; this is relatively common. The screenshot is from like 1h ago. Any idea?. Let's C ya

Sounds like your connection. Do you have anything running in back ground that would suck up your bandwidth? I got same thing you had when I had 6 downloads and steam running in background with media player steaming music. It went back to normal once I stopped the downloads.

Off topic- you still making faces for ARMA? I still use one of the ones you made back in the days.

Hi, i didn't had anything running on the background (AFAIK) the times that this happened, wasn't a single day, happened during various not consecutive days; and i was able to play other games without any connection related problem.

But two weeks ago or so the windows told me that there were various updates and i'd hit Ok so it began to download, but they downloaded and are installed; no message of any other windows update or anything. I close everything before play in MP.

About the ArmA's custom faces... yeah man, i don't do any more ArmA's faces because i think that i've made enough for everyone to find one for 'em, and i don't do ArmA2 custom faces because BIS screwed it up when they made the head model (arms included) glow in the dark, because the .rvmat the covers the faces (arms included) in the same way that a glass, screwing up the colours, tones and gamma on any .jpg custom face; aside of that... im so deceptioned with BIS leaving the ArmA2 that i don't even have installed any program for open textures do addons or whatever. BIS has putted me off the addons making "bussines". Let's C ya

wipman, just get the Operation Arrowhead expansion and form Arma 2: Combined Operations. The game engine is updated with more features and better performance. If thats not enough for you, the content included in the expansion is substantial...

Your browser will expand its servers available that you can enter ;)

http://www.arma2.com/game-features/arma-2-operation-arrowhead-features_en.html

Hi, i've the OA, but it's performance was really poor back in the v1.54; i run the ArmA2 at between 40fps and 24fps when in the bigger city with lots of infantry, vehicles etc. The OA runs (in the v1.54) at between 17fps to 4fps during the campaign, is true that in some missions it runs fine, at between 36fps and 24fps; but that's not the norm.

Aside of that... the ArmA2 content still as in the ArmA2 when you make the CO, same models and textures bugs; so the only thing that the OA do with the ArmA2 content is run OA's scripts on 'em too, but don't fixes any of the actual bugs present in the ArmA2 v1.08. The OA runs terribly bad in comparison for some reason, that's why i don't install it; the only thing that i like of the OA is the M14 Aimpoint.

Seems that what was making the servers browser list to show so few servers was the Windows Updater, it installed some more things today, so yeah.. seems that i had something running (downloading) on the background, and i think that that was the reason behind the problem. I was surpised because in for example the BC2... didn't felt any lag while playing or any issue as for example a reduction of the servers number in the BC2's servers browser, also my ping seemed unaffected by this. Now the ArmA2 v1.08 browser list is fine again, i guess that was because of the MS Auto-Updater. Let's C ya