Credits:

Sanctury - For providing the base Soldier model on which I created these troops

John J. Rambo - Service Rifle base model

Gavin - For the Trail Carbine model

Bethsda - For providing a depiction of the NCR troops for me to base this addon

upon

Bohemia Interactive - For Creating OFP!

---------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a while since any update though I lost all of the progress I made last year when my harddrive went on my computer, I've only recently had the willpower to start up again and I've made an update for the NCR troops as well as some Caesars Legion troops for them to fight against, I haven't made any death textures yet and the weapons need alot of tweaking in terms of accuracy still, I've added a First Recon Sniper to the NCR and also added badges to the caps, there are four different Caesars Legion troops at the moment (Explorer, Legionary, Recruit & Veteren) I still need to make throwing spears and a few other things. Thanks to ProfT for letting me use models from his mod as the bases for Caesars troops.

NCR Troopers v1.1 + Caesars Legion v1.0

Download (Mediafire)

Screenshot:

1e2ddz.jpg

Edited by POPKA
Update 6/6/12

Nice job. A very accurate looking remake.

I noticed that the soldiers don't have any wound textures. Not a big deal but would be good to have, of course.

Caravan shotgun's muzzle flash is visible on one of the farer LODs and the shadow. Speaking of which, could you maybe give the shotgun some pellet shots, along with the slugs?

Some of the gun sounds could use some more work in my opinion. The service rifle has some background noise and the Trail carbine has some weird after-noise after a couple of seconds from the shot, sounding like reloading.

Otherwise good work!

Mirror by OFPR.info:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/NCR_Troopers_1.0.zip

Thanks Rellikki, this is just a beta and their are alot of bugs still with the Muzzle lod's that im ironing out at the moment, thought I'd release this now to give people an initial idea of what I was going for :D The sounds are just temp one's for the moment until I make some new one's, should sound good though once I get on it. Yeah I was thinking of adding other types of magazine (Hollowpoint, Slug, Shell etc) I've made the weapons fairly high disperstion, though could have multiple magazines with different strength, accuracy and so on. Wound textures are under way :)

Edited by Rellikki

Had a group of them shooting at some russians and they are very fun to play as. Mabye they could have a sidearm for close range combat. Other than that they are very well done.

Cool, this should be a good addition to Hitcher's CarWars :D

And... I noticed you're back in the game after long absence here and I couldn't resist asking you this question...

Do you any plans about reviving your project called Mafia Wars which was quite promising back in the days ? Many of us would love to see this finally done, but it's up to you ;) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83489

Cool, this should be a good addition to Hitcher's CarWars :D

And... I noticed you're back in the game after long absence here and I couldn't resist asking you this question...

Do you any plans about reviving your project called Mafia Wars which was quite promising back in the days ? Many of us would love to see this finally done, but it's up to you ;) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83489

I doubt i'll ever finish the Mafia project, there were too many permission issue's envolved though I have a closed beta uploaded, so message me and I'll send a link.

I've been doing some more work on this, ironing out bug's etc.. contemplating turning it into a "Fallout" style mini-mod, making some raiders and did an NCR Ranger today:

2wqct2a.jpg

Yeah keep up the good work, the raiders you are doing are they based on the fallout new vegas ones or the fallout 2 raiders because both are very different?

Are you going to add women into the ranks of NCR?

Edited by Gundam Meister

Yeah keep up the good work, the raiders you are doing are they based on the fallout new vegas ones or the fallout 2 raiders because both are very different?

Are you going to add women into the ranks of NCR?

I hadn't really decided yet, they're still very much in the planning stage though I imagine they'll probably just be some generic dirty looking wasteland types with old weapons, Im not sure about adding Women soldier's, I'll give it a try and switch round a few head models and such to see if it look's ok.

I've made alot of improvements over the past couple of day's: I've fixed all the weapon bug's, i've added a First Recon sniper with a scoped hunting rifle (Based on Sanctuary's WW4 M24 model, though still need to work on the texture more to make it appear much more gritty and worn), made a new texture for the Caravan Shotgun replacing the Kozlice textures, added badge's to both the officers and snipers beret, adding a couple of pistol's too, probably a 10mm one and a colt sixshooter most likely and a few misc objects relating to the NCR. Here's a pic:

2wfjyhf.jpg

Those soldiers are pretty much bug free now, just going to make some wound textures and that should be it for them. About to start working on a "vault dweller" :)

Edited by POPKA

The vault dweller you are going to make what numbers are going to be on their clothes

Edited by Gundam Meister

Nice addon. Popka You thought about mak mini-package of Fallout? Ghouls will be nice addition to it ;) I think that Dr Pepper will let You use rework/retex his Zombie pack if You will ask him :)

The vault dweller you are going to make what numbers are going to be on their clothes

Just a quick update, made a test Vault Dweller (and a quick 357. Revolver) though I think im going to completely re-do the model as I balls'd it up a bit stretching the model around, as you can see from the shoulder in this picture:

21f0jv5.jpg

will make the texture more akin to Fallout 1 & 2 vault outfit's so more blue etc. As for vault number's I was going to go with vault 13 for old time sake's though I might throw together a quick fallout themed map with a new vault number or a few different vault numbers. Also going to make a Vault Security guard model.

I've mostly been concentrating on the NCR troops at the moment, I've added wound texture's to all the units with the exception of the ranger, I may need to try and get in touch with gavin again and ask about it as his models are different from the regular BIS/WW4 mod's ones.

Thinking alot about enemies too, definatly raider's though might do some powder ganger's too (although im starting to lean towards more Fallout 1 & 2 style rather than New Vegas) Wasn't sure about super mutant's as Im not a fantastic modeler, Im thinking of looking at the Ork's in the Warhammer 40k mod and seeing how they've been implemented and whether it would be possible to make a super mutant model in a similar way. As for Ghouls still need to look into the zombie mods :)

There are a number of pretty good Wasteland type maps already about in OFP which would be suited e.g. Ylass which was included in the CarWars mod is almost perfect for a fallout type setting or the ruined Starlight City map I think? which gave quite a nice decayed urban environment.

Will try and get a public release out over easter though if anyone want's to beta test what I've done so far drop me a message and I'll upload it somewhere.

Edited by POPKA

Nice skin :)

If You want to use orks contact with Ladie From hell but remember that orks using his own great Sanctuary/Sengir's animations (another p3d model) so it will be a while to add all things to config.

What with Buildings POPKA ? You have any plans to it :) ?

Nice skin :)

If You want to use orks contact with Ladie From hell but remember that orks using his own great Sanctuary/Sengir's animations (another p3d model) so it will be a while to add all things to config.

What with Buildings POPKA ? You have any plans to it :) ?

Yeah definatly going to make some destroyed buildings, static objects are my fortay really. I just want to see how they've done it in the 40k mod, Im not sure im skilled enough to make a super mutant model might be worth a go though, will have to try my hand at some power armor too.

I made a vault security guard this afternoon, still needs some texture's brushing up and the vault numbers are not definate yet:

9qiwhs.jpg

yeah good update but when the secuirty guard is done will it have the 10mm pistol and mabye with and without helmet men

yeah good update but when the secuirty guard is done will it have the 10mm pistol and mabye with and without helmet men

yeah, just modeled one still needs lod's though:

2ldf3th.jpg

Revelations :)

Mix with Hitcher's car wars and Dr Pepper zombie will be excellent and I'll have fallout in ofp :p Thx for Your work Popka!

I've been lazy the past few days though I'll compress the updated NCR troopers and vault security and upload them tommorow. Still trying to work on some raiders and a regular vault dweller, haven't been happy with the models I've done so far.. Also need to get back to my desktop PC in manchester where I have a working version of 3DS Max, o2 is a right pain in the arse. I'll try and upload what's done tommorow so far if im not too hungover, have a good weekend everyone :) :beeeers:

Hi guys, I've just registered to say that I'm impressed with work you did here.

I'm particularly interested in Fallout games, especially in the project "Fonline" which is fan-made online modification to the Fallout 2 (with its own engine, written from the scratch). Currently, our small community are trying to re-create original models for that modification and we're looking for people that can help us with it. In fact, this project is finished on approx. 75% already, but there's still some things left undone. You can check our progress here (weapons) and here (armors). If you want to help, we'll appreciate it very much. There's also some requirements that need to be followed:

1. Polycount should be as low as possible

2. Models should be as similar to the originals as possible

3. Maximum texture size should be 128x128 at a final stage

4. While creating a model, you should use these models as a base. Male and Female.

Some of these models are already used in the game and available for download for anyone from here. To use it, you need to download an SDK as well.

Also, I'd like to show you how 3D looks in-game:

So, as you can see, we are also trying to reproduce original animations from Fallout 2 as much as possible.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them on our forum (3D section).

P.S.

Four variations of NCR troopers and an Officer

Could you please send me a models you did here for that project in any wide-used file format? (3Ds, max or obj would be nice) I'll appreciate it very much! Thanks.

Regards, Graf.

I made a vault security guard this afternoon, still needs some texture's brushing up and the vault numbers are not definate yet:

http://i51.tinypic.com/9qiwhs.jpg

nice,

he's is in my mind since seen ur guards :)

Barney from Half-Life:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc6cboEqoINn4g0NJv7hjagj7erKqwBeDXtywr14Ebjai2x4QFoA&t=1

Edited by Rellikki