Sign in to follow this  
avengerzx

ARMA 2 Vehicles HUD No Back-light during the day.

Yes, this bug is very well know but surprisingly nobody has reported.

Was told to put on CIT by Dwarden.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18218

I sure this happens for ARMA 2 only (Also in Combine Ops), hopefully it could be fixed by ARMA 2 1.09 patch.

I need people to vote or else it won't get fixed because don't vote means no concern. But this is a crucial issue regarding the gameplay!! Bad news is it will not be fixed because 1.09 is at final stage :(

What your are describing are called MFDs (Multi Function Displays), not HUD (Heads Up Display). The HUD is the projected image you get on the glass panel in front of the wind shield, mostly in combat aircraft.

Not being a "know it all", just letting you know as it may confuse potential voters. I had to look at your screen shots several times before I understood what you meant because I was looking for a HUD.

Seems to be two problems with it. Firstly; Self shadowing fully occludes the Picture in picture display of the MFD when it crosses it. Secondly; they are not visible unless there is Sun light to illuminate them.

My guess is this will be an engine limitation and would require some kind of engine upgrade (or something similar) to allow self lit MFDs. The self shadow occlusion may be fixable.

Also, do these MFDs actually do anything? I never have used them myself. Every thing they tell you can be seen pretty easily by looking out the window or by reading Arma's own HUD info (eg heading direction)

Anyhow, I gave a vote.

Edited by -=seany=-

I just purchased the game 2 months ago, and I have NO HUD at all in the F35 (not even a crosshair or anything to aim the gun with). I do in the harrier, however.

How do I vote on the bug site?

This one is really bugging me.

I use the artificial horizon when flying choppers to figure out my attitude and accelerations. Also the vertical speednindicator for hovers and landings. Really really would like a fix for this.

Does anyone know of a mod or fix for this? Could it be as simple as making some HDR textures with values for the MFD lines in the 'bright as the sun' range?

Alternatively, is there a software HUD available somewhere which gives the artificial horizon and vertical speed indicators? Wouldn't be too realistic but any real pilot would have half an eye on these guages at all times I think.

[edit] went over and updated the ticket with these comments too

Edited by JesseDavis

I just purchased the game 2 months ago, and I have NO HUD at all in the F35 (not even a crosshair or anything to aim the gun with). I do in the harrier, however.

How do I vote on the bug site?

In ArmA 2 standalone the F35 has no HUD